Amendments to the Net-7 Entertainment Code of Conduct.

Mortabis

3 accounts is enough.. at least for me..

ich have 3 computers and handling 3 accounts is mostly too tough (even handling 2 effectively is tough).

i personally think multi-boxing is a non-issue as long as marcos are forbidden. noone can handle a group of 6 computers effectively (maybe 2, the other 4 are just leeching xp) and with 2 effective fighting characters he should be no match for a group of 6 people (or a group of 3 people for that matter).

the only thing where you could gain an advantage with multi-boxing is with touring your other characters. even so, he would not disturb the playing experience of other players that way would he? multiboxing is neither useful for combat, nor for mining, simply because its a lot of work to handle multiple characters.

just my 2 cents though

AND most all of us agree that the use of bots and macros should be restricted if not banned alltogether. [/url]

You say this without any apparent numbers to back it up - you haven't even run an unscientific poll yet. *I* am against macros. *You* are against macros. I would like to *believe* that most people are against macros. Yet, absent real numbers, I would never say that "most all of us agree" without having received input from "most all of us" - it's stating a fact without supporting data.

3 accounts is enough.. at least for me..

ich have 3 computers and handling 3 accounts is mostly too tough (even handling 2 effectively is tough).

I can *barely* deal with 2 at the same time myself. I'd be surprised if there are many people that can deal with more than 2 effectively - kudos to their coordination if they can. I don't see how such a potentially small subset of the playerbase could have enough of an impact to warrant saddling the GM's with such a difficult enforcement issue - I'd think it would make Pareto appear to be an optimist.

Ban bots/macros? You bet. Set limits on multi-boxing? How (for reasons previously stated) and why (because, IMO, the "damage" still hasn't been adequately explained)?

Mortabis, what is your guilds' name?? I assume you are a member in one the sunrise guilds. I was in a couple in live and since I am partial to one race I was only used for WHs. When fishbowls came about i had to lvl my JD so I could go to the raids.

As I said before I only play when I can, daily LOL, but may paly an hour or just 10 minutes. Kind of hard to be an active guild member that way.

PS 3 accounts is the limit for me. And that is 2 hunting and one mining. Mostly I just have my JD and Seeker running

in wow we had a guy we called him team 5box... he got 5 toons to L150 and would solo run them through 5 man dungeons... he said it was cuz his play sched was whack so that this way he didnt have to find or leave a grp at a moments notice... I think he had a home business he was running... it was cool listening to him in guild chat when he was in a dungeon rolling for loot between his 5 toons :mellow:

in wow we had a guy we called him team 5box... he got 5 toons to L150 and would solo run them through 5 man dungeons... he said it was cuz his play sched was whack so that this way he didnt have to find or leave a grp at a moments notice... I think he had a home business he was running... it was cool listening to him in guild chat when he was in a dungeon rolling for loot between his 5 toons :P

lvl 150 in wow? never :)

You say this without any apparent numbers to back it up - you haven't even run an unscientific poll yet. *I* am against macros. *You* are against macros. I would like to *believe* that most people are against macros. Yet, absent real numbers, I would never say that "most all of us agree" without having received input from "most all of us" - it's stating a fact without supporting data.

So, you critize me for my choice of words rather than agree with me that its safe to assume, that most of us are against the use macros and bots. I shouldn't have to do a poll to come to this conclusion, its obvious. SO is the fact that someone that multi-boxes can potentially have a great advantage over someone that doesn't. I asked someone to bring a clear and concisive argument as to why 3 accounts is not enough for a single player, which clearly you have failed to do. I agree that limiting a single player from creating multiple accounts could possible be a difficult task, and if the DEVS and GMS are incapable to do it well, then don't, thats fine by me. If the DEVS decide to not incorperate any of these rules into the Net-7 Entertainment Code of Conduct, also fine by me. The entire purpose of this post and the on-comming poll is to simply bring awareness to the fact that some of us are concerned about possible exploits and their concurrent and future use, and the believe that something should be done about it. Ultimately its up to the DEVS to do something if anything at all.

So, you critize me for my choice of words rather than agree with me that its safe to assume, that most of us are against the use macros and bots.

Dude, lighten up - please show where *I* criticized *you*. I said *I* would never make such a statement without facts to back it up. I certainly wouldn't presume to speak for "us". I'd like to believe that it's true but there's lots of things in this life I'd like to believe that others share in only to be surprised/disappointed when the facts come out.