Vault Sort Button

Twice in 2 days ive mistakenly clicked sort when trying to close out vault window.. and I like my stuff in a particular order and it takes me awhile to sort it all back out manually.

Its been brought up in other post but I did not see a def yes or no to if its an option to be added.... Any chance to get a Confirmation box when pressing the sort button?

-WT

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1308033731' post='42090']
It should be possible to add a confirmation dialogue box in the same way we put the /flushinv in a dialogue box.

Would anyone particularly object if we added a 'confirm' to the Vault sort?
[/quote]
I don't mind.

I addition, if possible, it would be nice if you could put in some kind of delay before dialog is triggered so you have time to click the sort button the appropriate number of times to get the sorting you want before it pops up. That way you don't have to confirm a whole bunch of times each time you want to sort your vault.

I don't see why anyone would mind, it would be helpful - not a burdon to a player. I have done the same thing a few times and it is frustrating having to re-sort the vault.

it's going to be trickier than I thought, there doesn't seem to be any way to force start a dialogue while you're in a station (like you can in space). The client has to be put into a state where it's receptive to the dialogue, like it does automatically when you talk to an NPC. The only other dialogue box you can force is the player trade one.

The only thing I can think of is that you need to click 'sort' twice within 1 second to trigger the sort maybe?

If its a force talk like a npc thing...then add a npc to force to talk to us :) say maybe a "dock manager x" or "chief cataloger y" at f7. Just a idea to make it easy for you maybe.

Hey even a chat tree...."Yo Chief cataloger Y, I'm having trouble finding my brimstone whirly jig max...were has it been placed? I simply MUST have it! Even if you have to rearrange the whole vault find it asap!", "are you sure you want to go to such extremes to find this missing part sir? It could be rather disruptive to business I must warn you sir..please confirm."

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1308123226' post='42138']
You could also add a slash-command to enable or disable the sort button...
[/quote]
Good idea Knix,
I wonder if disabling the sort button altogether and have a /command to sort the vaults... but seems unfair to those who may actually use them.

ok server is restarting after the crash.

I've changed the sort button so you need to double click the sort button; the second click needs to be within 1 second of the first. If you single click the sort button you'll get a message after about 3 seconds to tell you that a double click is required, to avoid confusion for people who haven't read this thread.

Hopefully this will help the accidental click problem.