Play Button Not Visible, Dotnet F 3.5 Setup Error

I have the same issue with the play button.

I think I have an issue with dotnet framework 3.5. I have run the clean up tool to remove previous versoins, and tried to reinstall the 3.5 version, but still got the "Setup Error" message even after turning windows features on/off (I'm not sure which has to be on or off, but I checked the Dotnet framework 3.5 box.

The play button is still not showing up, and when I tried the "Tab twice after choosing IP" technique, Net 7 disappeared but the game did not load.

I am currently using an HP Pavilion Dv6 laptop with Windows 7

P.S. I have an account with net7.org but I'm also not sure if I have registered for ST4 yet.

Thank you for your time,

I originally replied to another thread with this post and thought I should start a new thread after the fact.

Link: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4554-net7-missing-the-play-button/

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5115-issue-solved-ty-devs-everyone-4-reading/"]https://forum.enb-emu...yone-4-reading/[/url]

Might want to scan this, to see if this could help.
Its just a few post's down from yours and says Issue solved ..... play button missing.......

1280 x 960 is my current resolution which had fixed the problem, anything lower than that and no play button.

Not that I know this will fix your problem, but rather all the advice i had recieved and fixes i did to get to that point could help you. Edited by HopperMantis

[quote name='HopperMantis' timestamp='1307737618' post='41988']
[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/5115-issue-solved-ty-devs-everyone-4-reading/"]https://forum.enb-emu...yone-4-reading/[/url]

Might want to scan this, to see if this could help.
Its just a few post's down from yours and says Issue solved ..... play button missing.......

1280 x 960 is my current resolution which had fixed the problem, anything lower than that and no play button.

Not that I know this will fix your problem, but rather all the advice i had recieved and fixes i did to get to that point could help you.
[/quote]
All right, I'll give it a look, thanks.

Nothing really new there. To clarify, is it ok to have .NET Framework 4.0? or must you have 3.5?
Also, certificates have to be where? How many files need special settings for this to work? is there a detailed list?

Again, Windows 7 is my OS: updated and have already set the net7proxy.exe and EnB.exe files to admin mode, .NET framework is updated, I have also lowered the games resolution as low as it can, in addition to the windows desktop, which seems to make things worse.

I did a registry cleaner, and a new install of Net7. The launcher was normal before the first update completed. After the 1rst update and on a restart of the launcher the play button was again gone.

[quote name='Logane' timestamp='1307754133' post='41997']
I did a registry cleaner, and a new install of Net7. The launcher was normal before the first update completed. After the 1rst update and on a restart of the launcher the play button was again gone.
[/quote]

You might wanna reread the post start to finish.
As for what ive read E&B does not like lower resolutions, SO .....
Lower?? why lower? on mine it prefers the higher resolutions... Fyi .. i did have to try each one till i saw the button... and as for the >NET framework .. according to the advice from a DEV in my post's that i recieved, it needs to be up 2 date.....

You should list what setup you have, go step by step on what is [b]ALL[/b] implimented on the current install, have screen shots, and possibly add the info like i did.

Might even mention a promise of Cake or a thankyou and end... I noticed peeps usualy get helped, then ... well ... nothing.. they never get back on or help others...

* Steps off soapBox, bows and wishes you luck in your endevor.

Thanks hopper.

and for your information: I have already used the highest resolutions. That is exactly why I was asking about using a lower resolution.

I have read the post start to finish, and have already discussed my current setup, took a few screen shots, and even converted it in to a pdf.

I'm glad you had your issue fixed, but apparently I am dealing with one that is similar but not resolved by suggestions made to you in your post, nor has the problem been dealt with by using only the .NET framework 3.5 or 4.0.

Could an actual dev please look into this?

Thank you,

I must have done something wrong somewhere.
The net7 launcher (if I tab twice at the ip dropdown) will not launch the client. It has the client targeted and all are running as admin, compatibility mode for windows 7, certificates are installed correctly, resolutions are correct and I'm racking my brain trying to figure this out. Maybe I need to start from scratch and reinstall the client, patch, and net7 in order to fix the problem.

[quote name='Logane' timestamp='1307761367' post='42022']
I must have done something wrong somewhere.
The net7 launcher (if I tab twice at the ip dropdown) will not launch the client. It has the client targeted and all are running as admin, compatibility mode for windows 7, certificates are installed correctly, resolutions are correct and I'm racking my brain trying to figure this out. Maybe I need to start from scratch and reinstall the client, patch, and net7 in order to fix the problem.
[/quote]

Logane I think you are trying to hard.

Ok a few simple questions:
What is your resolution at right now?
Is the Net7 launcher maximized?
If the Net7 launcher is maximized, have you tried to double click the top to bring it to a smaller window?
Do you have the target destination in the correct spot? IE: /release/client.exe
Do you have client.exe and Net7proxie.exe in admin mode?

Thats all I can think of, one other is for you to take a screen shot of your desktop with the net7 launcher opened, this will help tremendously.

I had attached a pdf to the initial post, but here is an updated one.

The first one is the update that I noticed would cause the play button to be off-screened. Before this update, the launcher was normal. Not sure if that helps.

However, I am not quite sure if the play button issue is preventing the game from launching from N7.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Edited by Logane

Ok, so I found a solution and I'm able to log into the charectters I made and leveled last year.
Solution: Hitting tab x 3 before hitting enter to hit the play button.

Wasn't there supposed to be another player wipe? not that I am complaining, but . . . well anyway, thanks for the help