Game not loading

I've un- and reinstalled the game repeatedly, I've updated the NET framework to version 4, but every time I hit the play button, I get a wallpaper image, and the computer pretty much freezes up. I can get the mouse pointer to move, but it disappears around the game logo, and I can't alt-tab out or get cntrl-alt-dlt to shut down the game. I'm pretty much forced to reboot the game at this point. Any idea of what might be wrong?

Ok since your using WinXP the main issue might be you need to run the config program.

It should be located here:
[b]C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\E&BConfig.exe[/b] (Original Config from EA)
or
[b]C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG\Net7config.exe[/b] (Net7's version recommended for higher resolutions)

This may solve your problems, might be other issues, if the config program does not work try this:

Open your Net7 launcher then on the top Left click [b]Launcher->Reset Updates[/b].

Also be sure you have either [b]Packet Optimization[/b] or [b]Prototype Reorder[/b] checked, [u]make sure none of the Debug options are checked.[/u]