Minor things I would like to see

Riz

Having a pop at him is one thing. I wouldn't want him to have a pop at me.

Anyway, full and half face tribal type tattoos are on my agenda for later.

• 3 months later...
Speaking of the customize booths, any chance of having these at more stations? Edited by Riz

• 4 months later...
Still hoping booths in more stations will happen. I remember in Live when the booths first appeared they were pretty much everywhere, and then the EA DEVs turned some of them off. Myself I think any station should have them, people live in all the stations, so changing clothing makes sense, and when you are towed to any station you are registered at, they repair you, so some ship mods should be possible anywhere too.

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1328225238' post='52930']
It kind of would be nice to see some character diversity.
A very pudgy Terran walking around with a FiveGuys or a Fuddruckers Tattoo on them would be kind of funny.
[/quote]

Five guys is pretty good. Would be funny though, it'd have to be a Terran woman, since everyone's arms are covered, but Terran women can have bare legs. Unless they have it on their forehead.

• 5 years later...
On 6/1/2011 at 5:02 PM, Tienbau said:

One of the old devs added the Misfits' Skull thing as a tattoo and documented how they did it, but I think it was on the pre December '09 forum that was lost. Not sure if anyone still has the info, but I'm pretty sure he did it by adding new data in the mixfile_art files.

From what I can tell the tattoo art is in .tga format files, but not sure about the resolution. It shouldn't be difficult to merge new ones into the mixfiles.

WRT changing the avatar hairstyles with the help of Ollydbg ... it is seriously not a pleasant experience. Unless you are reasonably proficient at assembly code have a good knowledge of how compilers & linkers put together programs and a little bit of patience it probably isn't worth trying. Still having said that if I were doing it, I would start in the ini files, look for the strings the tattoos use like 'TattooTexture' and 'TattooTextureNum', find where these strings are used in the client, and trace the asm code through from there.

If the client's customisation terminals won't let us change the avatar's height and weight it would be fun to add a Dietitian NPC who asks you obvious questions based on your char's lifestyle to control the 'weight' aspect and maybe a 'body sculptor' NPC who can sell your avatar sessions on the gene-rack to change your height, where you pay for changes in small increments up or down.

I think a few devs have played with the hidden decals, not sure if any of those are still here but I'll check out the files they left and see if anything can be salvaged.

Yeah :) that was me.  Unfortunately, I kinda forgot how I did it... I was just tonight looking through old game assets and mod'ing files that I had made and saved, because all my avatars are actually still set the custom textures, and new tattoos that I had made.  In-game, you will see me with the default "WW" westwood missing texture file as my tattoo (unless on the extremely rare chance that someone has my texture pack installed).

I'll keep looking, and then write something up for people to use to mod their tattoos. it actually adds new assets in the game and doesn't replace old ones.