Sooooo... what's up with the SS8?

Guess the squeeky wheel does always get the grease. Enjoy yourself OP mission accomplished. :angry:
I just realized it's Memorial Day in the US and i'm arguing about something this stupid.
(/endthread) Edited by CheezeBaal

[quote name='Bacchus' timestamp='1306790115' post='41428']
AFAIK the Brimstone Ballista used to be a mission reward so it didn't end up in the game by mistake.
[/quote]

Yes but just like the SS8 being a DEV error in going in as a drop... The Brimstone Ballista is a drop from the exact same area as the SS8... So the DEV who created the mission was in err and same logic should apply...

But Progen would pitch a B fit guaranteed if it and its ammo get removed too...

Wow, all of this over fixing what is universally acknowledged as an error, to begin with.

I'm amazed that everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that we're pre-alpha, and everything is subject to change and/or deletion.

Makes me wonder what sort of completely baseless outrage there's going to be when we're ready for a complete player data wipe? Trust me, everyone. It's not a select few situations getting corrected, and it's not favoritism. -EVERYTHING- that is out of place, or in error, will eventually be corrected, or removed. This includes everyone.

Now, am I saying that these errors are game breaking in the pre-alpha stage? No, of course not. What I -am- saying, is that things of this nature should be expected. And if we let everyone gather and keep these prints and items, etc...how exactly are we supposed to know for sure that the error which made it available isn't still an issue?

Personally, I do understand the frustration from a player's perspective. However, that doesn't change the fact that this game is nowhere near a finished product. That fact has been made quite clear all over the website. If the possibility of having your data reset at any time to a large range of possible degrees is too much for you to handle, perhaps you shouldn't play an unfinished game in a test phase. If you've ever been in any sort of Alpha or Beta testing at all, in any game, or professionally for any game company...you should understand already.

If this project is your very first time in any sort of test phase at all, please read through the above statements again and consider them. We've opened up this game for the players to enjoy, and to help us track down problems, but you are -all- testers in an unfinished project. Try and keep that in mind.

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1306807498' post='41439']
Makes me wonder what sort of completely baseless outrage there's going to be when we're ready for a complete player data wipe? Trust me, everyone. It's not a select few situations getting corrected, and it's not favoritism. -EVERYTHING- that is out of place, or in error, will eventually be corrected, or removed. This includes everyone.

Now, am I saying that these errors are game breaking in the pre-alpha stage? No, of course not. What I -am- saying, is that things of this nature should be expected. And if we let everyone gather and keep these prints and items, etc...how exactly are we supposed to know for sure that the error which made it available isn't still an issue?
[/quote]
'Till I saw this thread, the only "outrage" (baseless or otherwise) I saw on this issue was one person freaking out in-game about SS8 not being obtained in the exact manner as it was in live and should thus be completely purged from the game. Most players who've been around for a while [i]expect[/i] a wipe to happen some time. Also, things like items becoming available as a limited time deal (like SS8 or hulkfest) are to be expected in a pre-alpha stage. It will be wiped eventually, so why bother deleting it from build lists and inventories? It just seems silly.

If it's not being deleted from inventories but only from build lists, why not just remove the warp fiber drops, as Lann said? It will stop production, so it serves the same function. And it makes more sense, as what purpose do the fibers, which are not even dropped by Bogeril, serve, other than to create these things that, as Kyp pointed out, are only made by Bogeril? What's next? A non-manu Sparta-made component that is only used to build a Sundari reactor?

I can understand if you want to remove everything that should not be obtainable, but why focus on this? If it's just the fact that it was recent, why wasn't hulkfest cleaned up when it happened? And if the only issue with deleting everything that is no longer obtainable is something to the effect of "it would take too much time/effort/etc. to find them all to purge" why is the SS8 so important that it needs to be purged?

All this from someone who does not have the SS8 print, and does not, in fact have a SS8 at all, partly because I prefer to build my own stuff.

Please do not wipe our items, since this was started by a player rant. This is a stress test, The devs need to be focusing on the big picture and not on how this might upset game balance! There is no game to balance, this game will be made clean and started again and again.. Simply let us have our fun, build and test, build and test.. We are out there to try all aspects of the game to see what causes issues, not to start a fight over an item! Heck how many toons on the game can even use an ss8 as we speak!

I'm not on the item team, so don't think I'm going to wipe things when I post. That's not my area to cover. My point is very simple. It's a test phase, and part of a test phase is wiping out things that are bugged to ensure the bugfix actually worked. If you can't see how removing the items fits into testing, I'm afraid you may not have a full picture of what that "big picture" is.

That's not a dig at any of you, either, so don't misunderstand it. When you're just trying to enjoy yourself in a game, it's easy to overlook just how interconnected everything is. Whatever is decided, though, is it really that big a deal to the few who would be affected? I know for many, it's not. If it were up to me, I'd remove all offending prints and items all at once, but that's also assuming people have reported them all. As far as the act of removal itself, it's very quick. Repairing the error is sometimes more involved, but it's not taking any important dev time from anything critical, so that point is completely moot.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Stelk' timestamp='1306814004' post='41442']
Please do not wipe our items, since this was started by a player rant. This is a stress test, The devs need to be focusing on the big picture and not on how this might upset game balance! There is no game to balance, this game will be made clean and started again and again.. Simply let us have our fun, build and test, build and test.. We are out there to try all aspects of the game to see what causes issues, not to start a fight over an item! Heck how many toons on the game can even use an ss8 as we speak!
[/quote]

According to kyp the items may not get wiped, only drop and build lists. Edited by Maniac

OK short and sweet, to all the [i]innocents[/i] using a SS8 cause this is only a test of the game , how many reported it to dev team as an anomaly.

Lets face you know its not in game , so who put there hand up to help so graciously with the testing.

Alk
  • Upvote 2

Like so many here I am against removing the SS8 from the builders lists or game completely. The toy is out of the box so should not be put away. As so many of th Dev's point out here this is the testing part of the game, ok fine let us test the SS8.

I keep seeing one thing that is hard to understand. Are the Dev's really blind to the fact that public image about this sort of thing does tend to believe there are a few that get help/hints from Dev's? I realize most will not see my point here but I am going to say it anyway. People do believe a few builders are getting DEV support. The same few ALWAYS get the error prints first. They ALWAYS seem to know exactly where they drop before anyone else. Now I ask the Dev's to put yourselves in the everyday players shoes that sees this and what would you think? Dev's your public image is hurting and that IS affecting the game. Listen or not that is your choice.

I don't care who got the print or not. Sure I would love to have it printed and for that matter I want to print everything lol.

Our public image is hurting? Really? Wow, I guess we should all just pack it in, and call it done, then. I mean, with people crying out in anguish over not getting to keep everything that makes it's way into the game in error, how could we possibly continue development?

I know RandomPlayerX's insistence of a conspiracy against them getting something via an error sure makes MY fingers stop working when I reach for the keyboard.

*disappointed sigh*
I'm very sad to see that sort of attempt at an argument even considered, much less posted. Now I remember why I gave up keeping up to date on the forums. That's definitely enough for me, hahah. Enjoy.

[quote name='Alkemmi' timestamp='1306840671' post='41450']
OK short and sweet, to all the [i]innocents[/i] using a SS8 cause this is only a test of the game , how many reported it to dev team as an anomaly.

Lets face you know its not in game , so who put there hand up to help so graciously with the testing.

Alk
[/quote]

I did directly to the 2 in charge of editing the Mob loot... Both times since the April patch it was in and out...

Also reported that the Device Energy Conservation on it doesnt work (like other items with said buff)... What else can I do for you?

Cool your jets Redd. I'm betting your a member of a very small club.

Fact is it shouldn't be in game, its acknowledge as being a mistake.

My point is that many of those who go on about "its testing" are missing the oxy moron that the end of the test would be reporting it being available and moving along.
Not throwing the first few you find in a analyse terminal and getting the print then making yourself and buddies some then bragging how you have them and can build them then complaining at them being taken away.
In that whole process some have followed, there was no this is a test so I'll stick in a report and leave it.

Your actions are the correct way to approach the issue, as I said probably a small club.

Alk

Does the SS8 being in game at all affect the goals of ST4? I assume ST4 is about stress testing the server code. Is it explained anywhere what the goals of stress test 4 are? I mean, does it even matter that drops aren't 100% yet to the goals of ST4? What kind of bugs/issues/discrepancies/problems are relevant to this phase of testing?
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Alkemmi' timestamp='1306847473' post='41456']
Cool your jets Redd. I'm betting your a member of a very small club.

Fact is it shouldn't be in game, its acknowledge as being a mistake.

My point is that many of those who go on about "its testing" are missing the oxy moron that the end of the test would be reporting it being available and moving along.
Not throwing the first few you find in a analyse terminal and getting the print then making yourself and buddies some then bragging how you have them and can build them then complaining at them being taken away.
In that whole process some have followed, there was no this is a test so I'll stick in a report and leave it.

Your actions are the correct way to approach the issue, as I said probably a small club.

Alk
[/quote]
/agree

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]I’m not sure why this is even being discussed for so long. The Devs messed up…a device/(engine) was put in the game under an “oopsy” before it was caught the engine dropped, was mapped and distributed. NO BIG deal imho, take it out, make it as it was never in the game at this stage and let’s all just move forward. [/font][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]I remember a very slick device I had early on that I was using on my TS, as I remember it was a turbo ML device. One day I logged in, went to do some combat and found I could not kill near as well as I could the day before. In looking at my installed devices I noticed a glaring hole where there used to be a device!!! The point is I got to 150 on the TS without this device, not as fast as I would have with it, but I got there.[/size][/font]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]Removing this engine is not a game breaker, if the Devs feel bad about it pop in a few mil credits in its place or give the builders a choice of a comparable engine print that is in game. [/font][/size]

[size="3"][font="Calibri"]Really just twitch your collective Dev noses and make it go away. [/font][/size]

[quote name='QX419-M' timestamp='1306844633' post='41453']
*disappointed sigh*
I'm very sad to see that sort of attempt at an argument even considered, much less posted. Now I remember why I gave up keeping up to date on the forums. That's definitely enough for me, hahah. Enjoy.
[/quote]

Well bud you think what ever you want. You seem to have no problems saying offensive things when you feel like and also your mind didnt grasp the point I was trying to help the Dev's not attack them. I got a little secret for you, you do not own this game! Lets see how far this projects gets when there is no donations. I am not your enemy here so dont attack me for saying things.

Fact is we are losing more members then we are gaining. Edited by Hickory
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

[quote name='Hickory' timestamp='1306855385' post='41461']
Well bud you think what ever you want. You seem to have no problems saying offensive things when you feel like and also your mind didnt grasp the point I was trying to help the Dev's not attack them. I got a little secret for you, you do not own this game! Lets see how far this projects gets when there is no donations. I am not your enemy here so dont attack me for saying things.

Fact is we are losing more members then we are gaining.
[/quote]

To an extent, I can agree.

No, the devs don't own the game. However, they are trying to bring back a game that we all know and love. Also, we are losing members. I have documented how many I see on when I log in, and it is slowly decreasing (aprx 2 months and down from avg 230 to avg 160), though, my figures are unscientific, just observations.

A LARGE propensity of the posts here are based on emotional responses to the disposition of the SS8, first and foremost being Pmster's rant about not having the print. (IMNHO - a rather childish response. No, I don't have the print either).

Egos and emotions aside, this being a stress test, I don't see it as a problem. There will be a player wipe before the next phase, the issue will be fixed, and no one will have the print until the proper steps have been taken to get it. Granted, if the devs want to remove it, they are rebuilding the game, it is their choice, but, they are building it for the folks who play, so as Lannister has advocated (his job in all this) the players want it, please include this in your decision. There may soon be less players than what the donations can cover, and the game will falter. Who would leave if it was left in? Who would leave if it wasn't?

Devs, thanks for bringing back a game we all missed. Thanks for being patient. Please boil down the emotions in these posts and take them for their basic intent. If you get fired up, wait a few to respond and come back logically. Players, do the same thing. Ranting will garner a negative response to what you are truly after.

Thanks!

I said before if the inflamed crap didn't stop, this thread was going byebye, and so it shall.

Know this, what I said earlier is the deal. If its interrupting us or slowing us down from more important tasks it goes byebye too. No argument is going to convince me or anyone else otherwise. You want the game to be live so this stuff doesn't happen, then spend your time volunteering and telling us things when we ask. I put up a thread almost two months ago asking for broken buffs, I have about:

-

-

that much in space altogether of buffs listed that don't work. Is that really all there is? Somehow I doubt it. Playing the game as if it is live is NOT testing it. T he server is relatively stable, we don't need stress play right now, we need people to volunteer, step forward, and [b]HELP[/b]. If you don't want to do this, fine, don't, but don't complain when we remove things at whim because like I said before, its going to happen, again and again.

Btw, once again, the threat of donations is irrelevant, (I believe Hickory mentioned it), if you stop donating, we stop providing a public server. You hurt yourself, not us. We can still develop just fine, like I said, no one is entitled to their items or characters at this point, and I don't want to hear claims otherwise, nor do I want to hear "Oh well it doesn't hurt anything, leave it alone." The simple fact is you don't get to be the judge of that, because when and if we make a decision to remove something we have a good reason for doing so and its going to happen.

Unlike the song that never ends, this thread does, and so it has.

Kyp
  • Upvote 2