Sooooo... what's up with the SS8?

So I see peeps offering to build an SS8 last week- I ask and am told it is looted in Antares and someone tells my guild leader the navs and mobs- we try for days and nada. Now we are told it no longer drops? Someone tonight said on chat that it dropping was an "accident"? So if that is right was it wiped from peoples build lists or do these players that always seem to get this type of stuff continue to get the advantage? Friends of devs or maybe just people that just live in game 24/7 and are lucky??? but since this game seems to have a real serious player retention issue and many past accusations of dev/gm favoritism what's up with this one? If it was an accident it should just be put in for all or deleted for all right? Sorry but just my thoughts and tired of seeing the same significantly limited number of players getting all the good stuff. Flame as you will but someone needs to pay attention here folks or it may just be 100 accounts played by 20 people left here- seems to be heading that way fast and Denial is not just a river in Egypt!
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmm I hardly understood anything you had to say through all the tears and rage you were spewing. Your just mad you did not get the engine to map.

I did not get the engine to map either and you dont see me raging in the forums. Cool your jets and remember that this is only [b]Stress Test #4[/b], not even in Alpha stage. If the Dev's did remove the engine from the peoples build list, then logic states they should remove everything that anyone has in their build list that is not dropping or was not suppose to drop.

Example, Brimstone Ballista a mainstay for the PW. You remove this and OMG you will find all the PW's rageing. So with your logic the Dev's should remove this weapon from inventories and build list's.
Sorry but not happening.

Think of this drop as a "Limited Offer" mapped engine. If you would like one built ask around and someone will build it.
Parts are dropping for this engine.

Dont whine and scream because you did not get it mapped, be happy you can play and leave it at that.

maniac your have some serious reading comprehension issues dude! Go back to kindergarten and come back when you have first grade lvl brains you dope! Not repeating what I said for someone as dumb as you
  • Downvote 3

LMAO you need to learn to type.
Your the one that needs to go back to kindergarten and first grade.

And for your information you were whining about not having the drop, you may not have said it outright but the whole message came across as such.
Again learn to type and form clear sentences so people can understand you.

Here let me fix your sentence for you:
[quote name='Pamster' timestamp='1306734457' post='41377']
[b]M[/b]aniac [b]you[/b] have some serious reading comprehensions issues. Go back to kindergarten[b],[/b] and come back when you have first grade [b]level[/b] knowledge.[b] I am not going to[/b] repeat what I said for someone as dumb as you[b].[/b][/quote]

There fixed your grammar and sentencing.

I cannot for the life of me understand a word you said, so I had to improvise. As for your first post, I still say you were whining and raging because you were not able to get your precious print.

I seriously hate it when people complain about the dumbest things, If you wish to contribute then post bug reports, not complaints. Again I must repeat myself, This is [size="3"][b][u]Stress Test #4[/u][/b][/size] not a full game as of yet.

thanks for the info about the engine, I'll see if it can get removed from manufacturing lists and inventories. This will probably happen after the content update a week or so from now.

I can assure you we don't play favorites. The people who got it were probably just very active or in large guilds that shared the info with them.

Let's all remember that the Solar Sail 8 was a bogeril item, and that if you can get it from something other than a bogeril mob or mission that's probably a bug. Bugs happen and we'll deal with them. Just alert us to the problem and let us know if it gives somebody an unfair advantage. No need for flames, we'll take care of it.
  • Upvote 2

why so serious?

[img]http://avatar.hq-picture.com/avatars/img9/why_so_serious_joker_avatar_picture_60564.jpg[/img]

Instead of being angry be happy there are people that have the print and are willing to build it for FREE when you put the time in to go loot the part. FYI people who put in more time in these type of games ALWAYS have an advantage over those that do not.
That being said there are quite a few drops that are dropping incorrectly because the mobs or sectors aren't in game yet.
Stating the obvious [b]ONCE AGAIN [/b] this is [b]stress test #4[/b]. I't not even in alpha and you want to pull a dev's time to remove an item that you were unlucky enough to not get to drop.
I find it very hard to try and be civil sometimes.

No, i do not have the print.

[quote] Just alert us to the problem and let us know if it gives somebody an unfair advantage[/quote]
I want to know where the unfair advantage is in this..... Edited by CheezeBaal

[quote name='CheezeBaal' timestamp='1306755785' post='41389']
why so serious?

[img]http://avatar.hq-picture.com/avatars/img9/why_so_serious_joker_avatar_picture_60564.jpg[/img]

Instead of being angry be happy there are people that have the print and are willing to build it for FREE when you put the time in to go loot the part. FYI people who put in more time in these type of games ALWAYS have an advantage over those that do not.
That being said there are quite a few drops that are dropping incorrectly because the mobs or sectors aren't in game yet.
Stating the obvious [b]ONCE AGAIN [/b] this is [b]stress test #4[/b]. I't not even in alpha and you want to pull a dev's time to remove an item that you were unlucky enough to not get to drop.
I find it very hard to try and be civil sometimes.

No, i do not have the print.

I want to know where the unfair advantage is in this.....
[/quote]

wouldnt you rather get the engine from the proper mob? that section isnt open yet.
if things arent kept in check, then whats the point in working on/opening new sectors?

although i will say that the builders are building for people.

it is ultimately our decision what to do.so lets just continue playing and not keep fanning the fire
sometimes players forget at what stage we are in the game.
wich in its self shows us things are going in the right direction.

[quote]wouldnt you rather get the engine from the proper mob? that section isnt open yet.
if things arent kept in check, then whats the point in working on/opening new sectors?

although i will say that the builders are building for people.

it is ultimately our decision what to do.so lets just continue playing and not keep fanning the fire
sometimes players forget at what stage we are in the game.
wich in its self shows us things are going in the right direction. [/quote]

I would like to get the engine/print from the original mob but like you said it's not open and only you guys know the timeframe on that. I think one of the points i was trying to make was fixing the drop involves setting a flag in the DB if i'm understanding correctly, I'd think it'd be a fair bit more involved removing the item and the print from all the accounts. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I't also brings up The other items/devices/ores that are in game and or printable that players should not be able to build or use. Will they be removed as well? How much time will be devoted to deciding what's in that shouldn't be and removing those?
In terms of time it seems a waste or at the least a backburner item for something that isn't game breaking.

You guys were already fixing drops as you found them which is why i think the op has a problem. He/she or their guild didn't get the print before the drop was fixed. Same reaction from someone else about another couple of drops that they didn't loot before the drop was fixed.
I'm sure you've probably seen the tickets on those.
Keep up the good work. Edited by CheezeBaal

Removing items from build lists really must stop - it messes up my beautiful spreadsheet. ;)

In fairness, and acknowledging a bit of a bias, the removal of items from build lists causes to much frustration. We have done it to many times now - in fact the SS8 has been removed from my build list before. And the Sunfire 2k twice already, and... well, needless to say we have been down this road already. And each time it generates more frustration and antagonizes a player base that is already a bit board.

Fix the drops - even remove the Warp Fibers so that the SS8 cannot be built - but removing from build lists and from players who already went through the process to get the parts and have one made causes far to much frustration for it to net in.

As Cheeze rightly pointed out there are far to many other things to be spending time on.

If we go down the trail with the SS8 then there are literally dozens other things that fit into the same category . Anyone need a Dark Matter PL while we are at it?

Just out of curiosity, aren't we supposed to inform the DEVs about things like this instead of taking full advantage of the situation? Like informing them straight away that SS8 is dropping from a mob it shouldn't?

Isn't that what stress test is all about?
  • Upvote 1

Lannister,

We can't do it that way, if we let someone keep them, those people (and us for that matter) are accused of favoritism occurring, even though it does not. If we don't remove it all, people are unhappy that someone has it and they can't get it. Even though it resulted from a bug, I mean, look at this thread and how it started for an example.

We don't remove existing ones generally that I know of, so the SS8s that are out there become artifacts for all intents and purposes until I do release the Bogeril sections of the game and the missions it came from.

I understand the frustrations but honestly we're not promising a 100% stable game or any feature at this point, this includes building, build lists, and loot.

If we are removing the SS8 from build lists because it was obtained from the incorrect mob drop (and the DEVs who worked on it were notified and it was removed) then all the Hulkfest, all the other items for that matter need yanked as well.

Not just a few choice items.

Brimstone Ballista and ammo
Intent for Resolute engine
Aspiration of the Faithful reactor
SS8
Warth of Kokura
Dark Matter stuff
several devices...
List can go on for aways...

I mean there is a long distinguished list of things that are in game that shouldnt or obtained by whatever method... Ya be great to get them from proper channels when/if they ever are released. But fact of the matter is there are several things in game, build lists, etc that aren't the normal. Really does it matter during a ST? As Kyp said its not a 100% live game, and one would hope we could wipe and start fresh and follow a storyline, trickle based release of said instead of entire Database of items dropped right in our laps.

Enjoy what ya have now because it may be gone tomorrow lol... And yes there are people who literally spent hours hunting for items they have, called dedication, no life, whatever way you wanna look at it, Hardcore gamers always trump the casual its simple math more time spent nets more rewards...

Anyways guess we'll be losing more things here in the near future but eh whatev I treat it as testing not a full fledged game.

I can think of a few items/prints my Scout got during hulkfest, one of which probably shouldn't be in game, if the original storyline is going to be followed. The Invisible Eye, which in live was rewarded as a print for doing sufficent balm runs and turning in used injectors at Prasad Station. Other items obtained during hulkfest may be items that are intended to be in game, but were simply obtained in a manner different from how the devs intended. What would happen to such items/prints that were obtained during hulkfest, from items that are supposed to be in game, but weren't supposed to be in hulks or asteroids? Wouldn't they stay?

Personally I'd rather the devs' work on more important things than poking through account/characters build lists to remove things that will be gone after upcoming playerwipes anyway.

As far as complaining about "so-and-so has this build" and "such-and-such has the other build" and "I wasn't able to get them" complaints, cry me a river. I'd be willing to bet you could ask any of the people that got the build, and they would gladly build ya one. Complaining about them having it is really only hurting yourself, and everyone else that plays since it'll no longer be available for *anyone*. Way to go!

The less work the devs have dicking around to "make everything fair", the more work they can put into the server. They do what they can when they can (Thank You!), and I see this as a ridiculous waste of resources.

/rant off

What everyone else has said is exactly what I said in my original reply, You cannot take out 1 mistake without fixing the others at the same time. Like I said if the SS8 goes from peoples build list and inventories, then logically all other items that should not be in the game should be removed.
[quote name='Redd' timestamp='1306770787' post='41400']
Not just a few choice items.

Brimstone Ballista and ammo
Intent for Resolute engine
Aspiration of the Faithful reactor
SS8
Warth of Kokura
Dark Matter stuff
several devices...
List can go on for aways...
[/quote]

Kenu you talk about favoritism, but your not considering that leaving these items in the game could also be considered favoritism. You cannot delete one without deleting all those others, plain and simple.

If you do the deletion route, then logically you might as well do a full wipe, players and items. Again I will state [b]I do not have this engine print[/b], however I do know people that had a SS8 engine built and worked hard to gather the parts for said engine. I can understand fixing the drop so that it is no longer available like so many other items, however you cannot remove a item without removing all the other item mistakes. Edited by Maniac

It's a sticky situation but here's my reasons arguing for SS8's removal
1. It wasn't supposed to be there because it was a developer mistake.
2. It doesn't make sense for it to be there due to storyline.
3. It has only been there a short while (where hulkfest was months and months ago)
4. It's easy to do (arguing with us about this is feasibly taking more development time)
5. We don't play favorites (but I think everybody knows that)

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1306783372' post='41413']You cannot delete one without deleting all those others, plain and simple.[/quote]if the item bugged recently, you can wipe it from existence if you act fast. past items that droped months ago.. too late for them.

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1306784549' post='41414']
It's a sticky situation but here's my reasons arguing for SS8's removal
1. It wasn't supposed to be there because it was a developer mistake.
2. It doesn't make sense for it to be there due to storyline.
3. It has only been there a short while (where hulkfest was months and months ago)
4. It's easy to do (arguing with us about this is feasibly taking more development time)
5. We don't play favorites (but I think everybody knows that)
[/quote]
Im not really arguing that you do play favorites, however my argument stands. How can you take out 1 development mistake and not all the others?
Im not saying you really should take out any of those items, I personally have a Brimstone ballista, however as this item is not even suppose to be in game according to time line, then how is it you are willing to keep it in but not a engine?
Is there a coding issue with the engine at this time?
Does the engine cause problems with anything other than the timeline?
You see if you take it out, then you must take out everything else that should not be in the game at this time, its simple logic. However if you do then like I said before you might as well do a wipe, its a faster and more accepted course of action than picking and choosing what should be removed.
All im saying is you cannot pick and choose, take all or none. So you guys made a simple mistake, fix the drop and move on, dont remove items from a ton of players. I know this is a Stress Test as much as anyone, but you cannot deny my logic.
All or None, you cannot pick and choose.

The goal of the ST is to get ready for Alpha. I struggle to see how removing the SS8 or the many other error items progresses us towards that goal. Especially give that this will be the 4th time in my memory that items have been mistakenly added to drop tables and then removed. Given that it is likely to happen again shouldn't the policy be to correct the drop error to get the loot tables ready for Alpha/Live? Clean up of the incidentals (which build lists certainly qualify as) comes with the eventual wipe to progress us to the next stage of testing - however far off that may be.

If we remove it now, we will just need to continue the policy which doesn't progress the emulator project and frustrates the player base.

If this was the first and an isolated occurrence then it may be different - but this would be number 4 just in ST4. As the DEVs continue to tune the drop tables there will be more.

The "playing favorites" item is a red herring. People will believe what they want to believe. If I had a dollar for every time I was accused of using, asked to use, or assumed to have used "DEV or GM" abilities as the Advocate I could fund the Emu for the next year.

We had HulkFest 2010, now we have had MobFest 2011. Move on, fix the core issue of the drop tables and get us ready for live.
  • Upvote 3

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1306786072' post='41418']
*edit* - Kyp
[/quote]
Cool your jets, I did it in response to his being a total ass. In hindsight, yes I was out of line, however you do not see him apologizing about his behavior. For one you dont see me charging out and telling people they are lower than a kindergartener, he was more out of line than I was.Personally I believe that if anyone should start a thread, they should put their opinion in a format people can read instead of clumping it in one paragraph.

He did not think before he made the thread, and all I could see was him whining about not being able to get a drop, and personally I dont care what anyone thinks of me. I marked my opinion of what I read, I could only understand a portion of what hey was conveying in this thread.

However [u]I will apologize for my second post[/u], but not the first which was legitimate answer to what he said.

PS. By the way deleting your thread in hindsight did not help, already caught you. Edited by Kyp

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1306787392' post='41422']
I dint delete anything, the admin proly thought I was to harsh, sry for the language.
[/quote]
Apology accepted, I too have been too harsh as well.

I actually didn't unapprove his first post initially, but I saw that it was and flagged so I checked it out. With all that in mind, this thread needs to calm back down or its gonna get locked.

What's done was done for story, the SS8 should not be available, and you're right in the earlier thread many of those other items shouldn't either, but the only way to ensure they are not is to wipe your build lists and make you all do it again until we ensure that no one picks up those items.

Like I said before, nothing is certain now, while I wish I could tell you otherwise, until such time as we go live, you are [i]NOT ENTITLED[/i] to any item. If its a bug, its gonna go kaput for expedient development, that outranks individual "fun" during a test phase, sorry.

We try to keep it as fun as possible so we have testers, but i'm not going to make promises that limit our abilities to update and complete the game, no matter how much they are desired.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1306785724' post='41416']
I personally have a Brimstone ballista, however as this item is not even suppose to be in game according to time line, then how is it you are willing to keep it in but not a engine?
[/quote]

AFAIK the Brimstone Ballista used to be a mission reward so it didn't end up in the game by mistake.