Annoyance.

I agree 100% with the last 3 post, schools need major reform in America. They need to be updated to the 21st century, as of now they are so 18th century its ridiculous. Its not something that should be put on the back burner either, kids these days are subject to all different kinds of abuse in schools, from their peers, teachers and the criteria itself. Which really doesn't cover how to live in the modern world, and with school shootings on the rise in America, profanity should be the least of your worries.

I agree 100% with the last 3 post, schools need major reform in America. They need to be updated to the 21st century, as of now they are so 18th century its ridiculous. Its not something that should be put on the back burner either, kids these days are subject to all different kinds of abuse in schools, from their peers, teachers and the criteria itself. Which really doesn't cover how to live in the modern world, and with school shootings on the rise in America, profanity should be the least of your worries.

Education in school is debatable. In my school there are 3 Class Ranks-> Regular,Honors, Advanced Placement.(Besides having a problem that causes learning disabilities.)Education varies HUGELY between those sorta. Regular -> Honors, AP is a decent step, but usually not to big. Education in US is fine, but these 'morons' I'll use that word. Are those kids taking 'welfare' classes to get high GPAs or to pass. BTW 98% of teachers at my school will give you a 55 or 70 so you can either take second chance (to get passing) or so you pass and they don't get fired. (Dumb system is dumb)

Most education people 'see' is grammar and spelling. Grammar is about 10% of a care factor, just need to know basics. NO ONE, I mean NO ONE is 100% perfect always on grammar least in english, someone always makes a slight mistake. I can deal with-> 'hey hey sup everyone' That's fine, but I don't want someone typing a paragraph that is a complete run on sentence. Spelling is about 80%, 'harder' words such as octopus(not great of a example) is okay.

Though PS, They should of been locked. I was somewhat answered in this thread by TB. Since 'excessive' means excessive, not one word + the person saying sorry. I am pretty sure some people that harass people that only say ONE word, and then sorry I can pretty much sign them up for a level 1 suspension since first they use the channel for uselessness, make it sound like THEY are in control, try to act like a internet bully which is not a community.

BTW, Since I'm still in highschool. I love the forums, because adults say "stop acting like kids" though they should say "stop acting like adults" I see more adults fight then kids and act little 2 year olds. : ) I can prove it too. Come to my town, we can hang out at this one store LOL best stuff ever sometimes.

Edit: Editted out locking thread.

I beleive you all miss the point it specifically says no cursing when you joined emulator , therefore if you cant follow the rules, please leave or get banned period. its cut and dry. and that also goes for substitute words that mean the same. I am a gm you curse you get 1 warning, 2nd time 3 day ban 3rd time you are gone. House rules people u dont like it leave.

I beleive you all miss the point it specifically says no cursing when you joined emulator , therefore if you cant follow the rules, please leave or get banned period. its cut and dry. and that also goes for substitute words that mean the same. I am a gm you curse you get 1 warning, 2nd time 3 day ban 3rd time you are gone. House rules people u dont like it leave.

It doesn't. This whole discussion exists because that statement is not made in the TOS. It is here: https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-4/announcement-5-net-7-entertainment-earth-beyond-emulator-code-of-conduct/ as an announcement on the forum. I read it when I joined. I've reread it on several occasions to make sure. Players may not have profane user names, and no "excessive profanity" is allowed.

You're a GM in this game? Why are you not labeled as such? If you are indeed a GM, I do hope you follow your own TOS rather than banning people for things that are not against the rules. You're as bound by them as we are.

If there is another TOS document lying around, please point me to it and update the current one to indicate we are bound by it as well.

I think we just have to keep it real in the chat you know - adding a bit of colour to your talk is fine if it's in context (the quote above - just escaping death by the skin of your teeth is a fine example); but it gets really tiring if every sentence is laden with expletives.

I have no desire to add in a compulsory chat filter like we had in live, although I can add optional an optional chat filter for those who don't want to read expletives, I'm not mocking that choice either because it'd be a shame to lose even one player because of this issue.

Also don't forget there is a way to ignore the comments of any players onto your ignore list, which persists between sessions, I think you get to it via the friends menu in game.

And this here is a comment from this thread by a lead developer--whose judgment on this I actually trust since he is identified as a lead developer, unlike the poster before me.

First off Praetorius IS a GM, I just haven't seen him online for a while (wb Praetorius). And what I believe he is referring to is rule #2 of the thing that pops up after you hit play on the launcher...

"General Rules

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass, stalk, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or

discomfort to another player.

2) You may not use any offensive, sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive,

harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise

objectionable remarks."

Although, Praetorius, while my personal opinion is that a lot of things have been allowed that shouldn't have, I think taking that stance on euphemism's is a bit harsh. What's next? A ban on acronyms? There goes WTF, SNAFU, FUBAR and a whole bunch of other "words" that have now become commonplace.

First off Praetorius IS a GM, I just haven't seen him online for a while (wb Praetorius). And what I believe he is referring to is rule #2 of the thing that pops up after you hit play on the launcher...

"General Rules

1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass, stalk, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or

discomfort to another player.

2) You may not use any offensive, sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive,

harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise

objectionable remarks."

Although, Praetorius, while my personal opinion is that a lot of things have been allowed that shouldn't have, I think taking that stance on euphemism's is a bit harsh. What's next? A ban on acronyms? There goes WTF, SNAFU, FUBAR and a whole bunch of other "words" that have now become commonplace.

Pretty much if they went 'Strict' on number 2 down to the very last bit, we might have 10-20 players playing. IF that.

Edit: If we go by the one we always agree by at the start. Pretty much no one should be online right now. So playing this game and following the first thing that pops up would be hypocritical?

14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or

from the servers running the Earth & Beyond Service.

16) You will not create, use, play, or provide any emulator or other site where Earth &

Beyond may be played and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other

software related to Earth & Beyond without the express written consent of EA. You will not

attempt to play Earth & Beyond on any service that is not controlled or authorized by EA.

^- Read it and weep. :x

Edit2: Oh for fun, Prae made that sound like a threat. Looks like he should give himself a warning. :-)

*Prefers the world when PC was not FOTM and people just got along with each other*

I get along with others as long as they don't act like they are some super being that they know everything no matter what. ^-^ I wish they locked 'my' thread when I had asked, but nope. Looks like discussion is still open now due to a GM.

14) You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or

from the servers running the Earth & Beyond Service.

16) You will not create, use, play, or provide any emulator or other site where Earth &

Beyond may be played and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other

software related to Earth & Beyond without the express written consent of EA. You will not

attempt to play Earth & Beyond on any service that is not controlled or authorized by EA.

hehe yeah Breakin the Law Breakin the Law

sorry, had a Beavis and Butthead moment when I read that