New Player Question

When EnB shut down, I was a level 135 Terran Trader. Now, my question is:
How complete is this game in its present state?

Will most things look familiar or was the game revamped?
I am also planning on donating. This is a game that was close to my heart and I havent found one like it yet.

Thanks all

The game itself is quite complete however they are still working on it. There are of course bugs but playability its quite done.
The Mob AI's are not fully working as intended but they are getting closer getting them working each and every day, most AI's for the Mob's are generic, alot do not use skills and some skills dont work correctly to effect the Mob's.
As far as the classes working, flying, mining, and fighting its a working game. Of course you do need to remember that the game is still in Stress Test mode, not quite Alpha stage but its a far cry from when they started. All the server code is custom made, and there is stuff in game that did not exist during live.
One such thing is the final 3 classes were opened up and you can play them, some are not fully complete as far as skills but they are quite balanced.
As far as an opinion on whether how complete the game is right now is a matter of opinion, and the Dev's will and have thrown a surprise here and there as far as ballancing and such but their main goal is to make the game as close to live as possible with a few new things added, one other thing they are working on is new sectors that were not in the game before.
Im sure a Dev will be here to clarify alot more.

Welcome and try it out for yourself I think you will be surprised at just how far they have come in such a short time.

Oh boy , prepare for flash backs.
The new classes are quite good progen privateer being my fav , think a very scary TT.
Yep sometimes the server will be down , normally something in the code has thrown a wobbly so its just getting one of the guys with that access to restart.
But more often than not you will be amazed how good these guys have done.
Get yourself a new map and print it , EnB is much bigger now.

Most of all , just get stuck in !

All the best
Alkemmi - BTL

As mentioned, there are actually more sectors in the emulator than when it launched back in live. The content is not quite as polished as it was at sunset in live, but everything I've tried so far is playable and very enjoyable (I'm closing in on level 100).

WOW! That is absolutely amazing. A handful of people bringing back this game. Gonna download it this weekend.

Now the question is, for me of course, is what race and role I want to play. I was always grouping back then, keeping people alive as a trader, it was a blast. I may try something a little different now.

Thanks all for the info.

One other question, please.
How hard is it to install and configure this game? Is as simple as downloading the client, execute and it installs itself or is there allot of configuring needed?

Thanks all

[quote name='outfctrl' timestamp='1306410720' post='41179']
One other question, please.
How hard is it to install and configure this game? Is as simple as downloading the client, execute and it installs itself or is there allot of configuring needed?

Thanks all
[/quote]

To get the game installed, go here: http://www.net-7.org/ and then click on the FAQ, it has the instructions to get the game installed, patched and playing.

[quote name='Yendor' timestamp='1306413302' post='41180']
To get the game installed, go here: http://www.net-7.org/ and then click on the FAQ, it has the instructions to get the game installed, patched and playing.
[/quote]
Yepp, most of it is pretty easy. I had a bit of trouble getting the demo installer to launch because it got stuck trying to open a browser to view the homepage (which is long since gone) to get a demo key which is no longer needed. Setting Internet Explorer as default browser solved that problem (so did using the retail disks:p).

If you want to play the new classes, you have to install, configure and use the Character&Starship creator program to create new characters, so that's a bit more complicated, but there are several old threads describing the process...

[quote name='Blattu' timestamp='1306438970' post='41211']
also, ( might be a dumb suggestion, but you will need .net framework 2.0 or better)
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I keep my computer updated. I have windows 7. I hope that is not an issue. I do have admin rights on everything.

[quote name='outfctrl' timestamp='1306494273' post='41251']
Oh yeah, I keep my computer updated. I have windows 7. I hope that is not an issue. I do have admin rights on everything.
[/quote]
I've found running on Win7 works without problems... Most of the time. The only issue I have is when I run my Win7 system through my KVM-switch. Every time I switch from my Win7-system, any games running freezes. It usually recovers when I switch back to the Win7-system, but sometimes EnB crashes. I just launch EnB on my old WinXP system instead when I have to use the KVM-switch these days, and it works just fine...

• 3 weeks later...
I still haven`t decided to retry EnB again yet...you mentioned the demo, I`m sure I still have a copy of the disc, can you use that still?