Mechwarrior Living Legends

Hi guys,

Anyone else tried the MWLL crysis conversion yet?

It's an amazing bit of work in technical terms, although when it comes to enjoyment, I think you need to put a LOT of work into getting good.

Don't worry I don't think it's going to take away too much development time - my average game session goes something like this:

1. Buy vehicle (you can't afford a proper mech until you've made a few kills).

2. Leave Hangar.

3. some impossible to hit (lag-shielded) jetpack infantry guy tags you with a missile homing device.

4. His mate behind the hill in a missile vehicle starts pounding you with salvo after salvo of missiles, which all hit.

5. You tell the other players it's your first time playing, they laugh but carry on killing you.

6. die, respawn in hangar, repeat from (1) again, although now you can't afford any decent vehicles and have to use a feeble pew-pew wagon, which is basically fodder for players in mechs :P

Also I've had:

7. get shot and die *in your own hangar* while trying to climb aboard your own vehicle by a sniper.

Also, if you happen to join a team that actually have teamwork, they will ALWAYS ask you to join the other side which don't have teamwork because you're 'unbalancing' the sides. Then you just die all the time because they work together to kill you, and you leave the game, which is why there aren't any people on that side (maybe? just guessing).

One of the things I liked about the original MW games is that they weren't 'twitch' reaction games that needed the amount of time put in to get good only schoolkids have.

Now I remember why I like playing E&B so much!

cheers,

TB

yep I loved the madcats, the most iconic Mech.

When it came down to it though, the Gladiator was the best mech in the game. You could fit it with anything from gauss/PPC combos to quad LBX20 setups, that thing was a machine!

I played all of the Mech games, love them. I played another mech type game called Earthsiege, and Earthsiege II that was a blast. The main difference being your mech had shields vs traditional mechs not. Was alot of fun.

Oh boy, I remember mechwarrior. I think one of my sons stole my disc and I was sooooo mad. I know which one it was because he slambroke almost everything he owned. He doesn't live here any more.

I chose not to play it online though. I knew I had limitations. :D

Free Worlds League Military (FWLM)

House Marik

MPBT 3025 another of EA victims. There is still a semi active yahoo group, House Marik, still kicking things around. Even after all these years.

Actually was that that brought us to EnB originally. FWLM guild on Orion was my original guild. Still have friends from the Mech days of MW3 lan games of the mid 90's! Born a tank, Atlas was my ride.

An oddity planned or not, the graphic for the longbow is the same as the gauss cannons or at least I think it is :D.

Good times driving a mech, dropping planet side and swarming a well defended base against real players in real time. PVP at its best!

/Salute Mech Warriors!