Manes

Ok so in march you fixed the maens so that they gave less xp for turning in the essences to josher in OMP.

How about a cap or maybe making it so at low levels you get a large amount of explore xpat say OL 11 and once you get to say 75 ol this kinda becomes useless due to you gaining maybe 100 explore xp per i dunno is just an idea to help the lower level folks in that usual grind fest that you hit at 11-75 not saying 11 is hard but it gets tedious to hit 35 to start jobbing at times.

Yes this was exploited and allowed some people to get up there in the 130s with teh massive amount of trade xp that josher was giving.

so i dunno maybe dialing back the nerf to allow some of us to gain some sort of explore or even trade if you want hell make us use the manes essence dev to loot them i dun care just an idea to help the lowbies cash in

I added that in when I was testing the item turnin stuff, TBH I didn't think anyone would find it but you guys eh??

It's good that it was a fun thing, we will have to add more unanounced oddities like this in, but yes I agree it would be good to limit the value of XP to certain ranges. I will have to add this functionality into the server & editor.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1305703245' post='40843']
I added that in when I was testing the item turnin stuff, TBH I didn't think anyone would find it but you guys eh??

It's good that it was a fun thing, we will have to add more unanounced oddities like this in, but yes I agree it would be good to limit the value of XP to certain ranges. I will have to add this functionality into the server & editor.
[/quote]

With the existence of turn ins, kinda makes sense that we'd try various items to various NPCs and see what happens. I remember Hexer once mentioning a turn in for RD faction, but not what or whom, so I definitely have been looking for turn-ins. Lately have been looking for 1/2 eaten Alien space suits, to see if they can be turned in, so far I've found none.

Edit: Manes essence, prior to the turn in, was pretty much useless to anyone not a PE, who had the device to refine manes' essence. For everyone else it did nothing, so with the existence of turn ins it's an obvious thing to check.

yep there is a turn-in for big RD faction, but it's something so rare that it's highly unlikely anyone would ever try it. In fact there's only one rule about that particular turn in, and that is ... (I can't talk about it).

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1305853442' post='40914']
yep there is a turn-in for big RD faction, but it's something so rare that it's highly unlikely anyone would ever try it. In fact there's only one rule about that particular turn in, and that is ... (I can't talk about it).
[/quote]

I hope one doesn't have to go through a factioned gate to use it.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1305906600' post='40938']
I hope one doesn't have to go through a factioned gate to use it.
[/quote]
Ha. That would be some nice irony. It'd be dangling right there in front of your face, but you'd have no way of reaching it. >=D