New classes

From https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions-rev-7222010/

[quote]
If you want to try one of the 3 classes not in live, install the Character and Starship Creator and do this...

Right click the shortcut to the Character and Starship Creator, go to properties. You should see a "target path" on the general tab. Go to the end of what's in that box after the quotes and type a single space, then:

-noclassrestrictions

then click apply and ok. After that, use that shortcut to start your character creator and you should be set. [/quote]

[quote name='Seeker' timestamp='1305130935' post='40511']
From https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions-rev-7222010/
[/quote]

Si the EnB client patch is the one I DL for new classes ?

[quote name='hcdodger41' timestamp='1305136315' post='40515']
Si the EnB client patch is the one I DL for new classes ?
[/quote]

You have to make them with the Character & Starship Creator, using the modifications that Seeker described. Then use the choose profession arrows at the bottom of the screen to access the missing classes. They don't get their own buttons like the original six, but when scrolling through the professions with the arrows at the bottom, you'll find each missing class between the other two classes of their own race.

So the classes scroll in the following order: Enforcer > Scout > Tradesman > Sentinel > Privateer > Warrior > Defender > Seeker > Explorer.

The Character & Starship Creator then imports the classes into the game when you start up. The char & starship creator will not overwrite any existing characters on your account, so you need to make the chars in a slot not already used.

Would be advisable to do this for all your chars, regardless of class, as the game is still under development, and there will likely be at least one more player wipe before the game is ready to go live. Maybe more, depending on the devs' needs.

[quote name='Seeker' timestamp='1305130935' post='40511']
[/quote]

I dont see a "target path" in the general or any section

the target path is located within the properties of your shortcut link .... i.e. right click on your shortcut link and click on properties, then you should see the target path (where the shortcut is pointing to in your directory), it is there that you add the -noclassrestrictions ....

Understand?

• 1 year later...
This is for anyone who had the same problem I did. On my computer, (my laptop runs windows 7), there is no "target path" on the general tab. Instead it is on the initial tab titled "Shortcut" and is just called "target" rather than "target path". On mine, the path in the box was already highlighted, which might cause someone to not "see" it because they're not looking for a long file path highlighted in blue.

So, for me, it was in the first open tab, near the top of it, staring right at me when I clicked on "properties" after right clicking on the shortcut. The middle tab on the bottom of 2 rows of tabs, is the "shortcut" tab for me, with the "general" tab on the left of it. If you don't find the "target" or "target path" there, it might be hiding in one of the other tabs for you. :) Hope this helps