Buffs - major point

The biggest issue with the activated buff on the Cygnus line of reactors, is that the buff isn't beneficial to use on yourself. The short duration combined with the energy cost is such that using the buff on yourself doesn't put you ahead of where you were before the buff was used. It's really only useful as a buff to another player.

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1304462620' post='40189']
As far as Shunt to reactor and shunt shields, I'm referring to the visual only as it is activated, not in the buff icon window.
[/quote]

I see what you mean now, they have the same animation, and the animation doesn't play for activating Shunt Shields when you use it while buffed with Shunt to Reactor.
The same occurs with a few other buffs that share animations , Scan Boost (Activated) and Scanrange BOOST! (Activated), for example. Might be all buffs that share animations cause this.

Just found this one today:
Having a negative shield recharge value instantly sets your current shield energy to 0(zero), rather than producing a steady drain. Negative reactor recharge probably will do the same.

[quote name='will' timestamp='1304527115' post='40215']
Having a negative shield recharge value instantly sets your current shield energy to 0(zero), [b]rather than producing a steady drain[/b]. Negative reactor recharge probably will do the same.
[/quote]

Slow shield drain does sound like a good idea for a debuffer device, so long as the amount drained isn't too much.

I've compiled all the ones I've managed to discern from all posts preceding this one. Will watch for newbies. See the OP for the list I have.

Most of Will's postings seem to be missing from the OP, and he covered pretty much everything I was going to post, and more.

Only one I can think of he didn't cover was L7 scan, unless that was fixed recently. As per the skill level description in game, L7 scan is supposed to share all scan information with the group. As of last time I played (few weeks ago), it didn't share ANY scan information with the group.

Concerning the JE Shield Leech, when soloing the Group Leech seems to work, but in groups (or atleast full groups) it seems to stop giving energy to the JE but functions for everyone else.

[quote name='will' timestamp='1304527115' post='40215']
Having a negative shield recharge value instantly sets your current shield energy to 0(zero), rather than producing a steady drain. Negative reactor recharge probably will do the same.
[/quote]

More to add to this:
Being in combat, taking damage, prevents your shield from recharging,which it should, but is also preventing it from draining while you have a negative recharge value, which it shouldn't. If your shield recharge value is negative, it should drain both in and out of combat. This is how Radiation fields and Shield Drain affects worked in Live, steadily draining the shield regardless of whether your shield was able to be recharging at the time.

Currently since a negative recharge just drops it instantly to zero, that is whats being preventing while in combat, if you were to take damage and then use Recharge Shields, it wouldnt instantly drop back to zero, until your shields starting recharging naturally again.

Two more Buffs not currently working:

Device Energy Conservation (Equip) - Device Energy cost should be reduced by the listed percentage, similar to the weapon energy conservation buffs.

Device Energy Friction (Equip) - {self debuff} - Device Energy cost should be increased by 10%, similar to the Weapon Friction debuffs.

while i'm sure you guys have an enormous to do list i thought i'd bring up a few items i'd noticed and wanted to make sure you had too.

the "Increase Shield Capacity (equip)" buff is one of the buffs that [b]did not[/b] scale with the quality % of the item it was always a fixed ammount per device in live. so the ammount did vary by device but it was always the same on that device no matter the quality.

the "Reduce Warp Cost (equip)" buff is one that [b]did[/b] scale in live but if i recall correctly it capped at 75%, so that at level 9 on the roadrunner and lazarus it was always 75% never higher. warping was never supposed to hit free even with max navigate. if i'm off on the cap please say so but that is what i think it was.

while not a buff itself... are you dealing with the issue of buffs not stacking when they have the same effect but different names (as in equiped reactor recharge and reactor renewal) or different quantities (as in turbo where 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, and 20 activated all stacked)?

also i know it is a current work in progress but my level 8 shields are still experiencing a slow but steady drain in VT, i believe that effect was supposed to stop with level 5 shields.

Navigate gives up to 80% warp cost reduction (L7). It's easy to hit 100% reduce warp cost, the server simply doesn't allow you to fill your reactor by exceeding 100%. Navigate starts at 20% and goes up by 10 per level.

[quote name='Moche' timestamp='1305784340' post='40881']

the "Increase Shield Capacity (equip)" buff is one of the buffs that [b]did not[/b] scale with the quality % of the item it was always a fixed ammount per device in live. so the ammount did vary by device but it was always the same on that device no matter the quality.

[/quote]

Hi

I have checked the screeshots from "Live" and both Increase Shield Capacity and Increase Reactor Capacity scaled up and down with the item quality.

Riia

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1305816814' post='40901']
Navigate gives up to 80% warp cost reduction (L7). It's easy to hit 100% reduce warp cost, the server simply doesn't allow you to fill your reactor by exceeding 100%. Navigate starts at 20% and goes up by 10 per level.
[/quote]

i'm aware of what navigate does but i was refering to equiped buffs here. if i recall correctly a 75% reduction in warp cost stacked with an 80% reduction from navigate would leave you with about 5% of total warp cost as 20% of the remaining 25% would be 5%. or if you'd prefer a 75% reduction in the 20% remaining cost of warp would be 5%, it still would never go over 100% as these buffs should not be additive, 75%+80% as we should get should not = 155% reduction in cost.

[quote name='Riia' timestamp='1305819449' post='40904']
Hi

I have checked the screeshots from "Live" and both Increase Shield Capacity and Increase Reactor Capacity scaled up and down with the item quality.

Riia
[/quote]

thank you for checking. i do wish you could point me toward those shots as i really have trouble recalling this, or perhaps i'm just remembering such slight scaling that it was inconsequential in the larger picture whereas our present changes can be into the thousands. i seem to remember being able to identify peoples equipment to some degree by just looking at the shield cap they had and many people had identical caps for the same classes. i'm wondering if maybe you're looking at items with <100% stats that i do remember changing rather than items with >100% stats. i may well be wrong it has been years, but what i'm seeing presently does not seem correct.

[quote name='Moche' timestamp='1305854735' post='40915']
i'm aware of what navigate does but i was refering to equiped buffs here. if i recall correctly a 75% reduction in warp cost stacked with an 80% reduction from navigate would leave you with about 5% of total warp cost as 20% of the remaining 25% would be 5%. or if you'd prefer a 75% reduction in the 20% remaining cost of warp would be 5%, it still would never go over 100% as these buffs should not be additive, 75%+80% as we should get should not = 155% reduction in cost.
[/quote]

The buffs could be additive, but be capped just under 100%. This would mean that you get pretty close to zero cost warp, but never quite there. Would like to see the devs comment on exactly how they calculate this, just to be sure.

It should be an additive effect of no more than 95% but I'd have to check, I'm not entirely sure where the code is that determines this effect right off.

[quote name='Moche' timestamp='1305784340' post='40881']

the "Reduce Warp Cost (equip)" buff is one that [b]did[/b] scale in live but if i recall correctly it capped at 75%, so that at level 9 on the roadrunner and lazarus it was always 75% never higher. warping was never supposed to hit free even with max navigate. if i'm off on the cap please say so but that is what i think it was.

[/quote]

Hi

Just a screenshot showing that "Reduce Warp Cost" buff did not have a 75% cap.

[attachment=932:2004-01-30 ScreenShot360.jpg]

Riia

[quote name='Riia' timestamp='1305987842' post='40990']
Hi

Just a screenshot showing that "Reduce Warp Cost" buff did not have a 75% cap.

[attachment=932:2004-01-30 ScreenShot360.jpg]

Riia
[/quote]

like i've said my memory has its faults it has been a while since live, i'd believe a cap at the 90% shown there if you think that was correct. but the point is we still never hit 100% warp cost reduction under any circumstance like we can now with just a single device. in live i did personally have a max navigate JE that used level 9 devices and my warp cost though low was still something.

It was possible to reduce it to a mere sliver of the reactor bar for a level 9 engine engaging warp. I know this, because my TT from live was built for speed, I did a lot of trade runs. I was at maximum warp, nearly instantaneous takeoff, and used only a sliver of my reactor given the use of the navigate skill.

I do know that it was impossible to reduce it by 100%, but it was possible to reduce it by at least 95% as there's no way it would have only drained a sliver of my reactor to go to warp otherwise. No one can argue that Terrans and Reactors didn't get along, after all. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
A good number of the debuff devices such as Taniwah's pride are not activating on target due to range errors. The Taniwah, for example, will not activate on targets within from 0m to 1Km at all despite this being inside the described activation range. There are a number of other debuffing devices that are acting in the same way

[quote name='Jerioca' timestamp='1306865396' post='41463']
A good number of the debuff devices such as Taniwah's pride are not activating on target due to range errors. The Taniwah, for example, will not activate on targets within from 0m to 1Km at all despite this being inside the described activation range. There are a number of other debuffing devices that are acting in the same way
[/quote]

A list of known devices and/or buffs would be better, thanks.

unfortunately I've not got all the credits others have or time to track down all of them on sunset and ptr is never up otherwise you would have gotten a full list by now. As a start the Taniwha's Pride definitely has this problem. Will pm others as and when I find them

Buff : Shunt to Reactor (Equip) - (version found on Anlita BSCR [L3-9], Nightstick[L3-5], Morning Star [L6-8], and Lance [L5-8])
Increased reactor recharge by a whole value.
Decreased shield recharge by a percentage.

Buff : Shunt to Reactor (Equip) - (version found on Antlia BTSE[L3-9], Intent for the Resolute L9)
Increased reactor recharge by a whole value.
Decreased shield recharge by a whole value.

The Increased reactor recharges of these two buffs do not stack, however the decreased shield recharges do stack. I do not know whether or not they are intended to stack, but either both should stack, or neither should stack.