Buffs - major point

A lot of you have probably been waiting on this for a long time but we need your help. We need to know which buffs are currently known as not functional in their entirety. With that in mind, i want you to post the following:

Buff name - description as posted - why/how you feel it's not meeting expectations. Please be as concise and as clear as possible as we're going to compile this list and use it as a work list for fixing them all!

[quote name='Community']
Skill Problems:

PW Group Sap & Group Sapping sphere, not giving shield to group members
JD Energy Leech - works infrequently/intermittently, Psi shield sound effect shouldn't be constant it is disturbing/annoying.
PS Repulsor Field - Seems to work as a self-buff. If you apply while still active or expiring it removes icon and visual, but leaves the skill active. Also has a hard time applying them to others at high levels.
JE Group cloak (max level) you should be able to warp the group and remain cloaked, this was normal in live (confirmed), currently decloaking on warp activate.
JE Shield Leech: Soloing works fine, in groups or at least full groups it seems to stop giving energy to the JE and only to the groupmates.

Buff Problems:

Shunt to Shields - appears to have no function
Sumpter Lv8 shield (only when I am currently buffed with a steingard 6) that the shield recharge does not work properly. Duration too short.
Rally should be replacing lower level effects with higher level versions if it is not.
Scermish Omega shield from Agrippa, problems with stats displayed for buffs
Shunt Shields (Instant) has no buff icon, will fire even if insufficient shield energy, should not.
There is no Shunt to Reactor (Instant) buff.
Recharge Reactor - BOOST! (Activated) (Activation cost too high, nothing was free of cost or if it was this was later fixed or removed from loot e.g. Martyr's Heart, not worth using)
Device Energy Conservation (Equip) - Device Energy costshould be reduced by the listed percentage, similar to the weapon energyconservation buffs.
Device Energy Friction (Equip) - {self debuff} - Device Energy cost shouldbe increased by 10%, similar to the Weapon Friction debuffs.
Increase Speed & Turbo buff, same activated buff to increase thrust speed. Should be differentiated.

Negative recharge causing shield(s) to short out in certain circumstances (under investigation)

Device Buffs:
Shark Fin

New buff idea, slow drain (shield/reactor)?
[/quote]

Thanks everyone,

Kyp

I have two not buffs but rather skills that i've found that are broken one is the Group sap and Group sapping sphere on the progen warrior they will work but wont send shield to your group members number 2 would be the Energy leeach for the Jenquai Defender sometimes it works but sometimes it wont work

Shield energy converter
Buff name Shunt to Shields
Used it exactly 3 times on JonesPW and no shield energy and or reactor energy moved at all.

Shield Sap- Progen Warrior Skill
Takes Shield energy from enemy and gives to user and at higher level can give to group
have it maxed out on my Progen warrior and the Group Sap or the Group Sapping Sphere will not place shield in no one but your self not your group

Energy leech- Jenquai Defender Skill
Takes Energy from enemy and gives to user and or group on activated
Sometimes it will work and sometimes it wont even fire off. Edited by JonesPW

1) PS Repulsor Field seems to work mechanically as a self-buf, but if you ever apply it while it's still up (or fading out), it removes the buf icon and the visual effect, even though it's still active. Once that happens, it's really hard to tell whether it's running or has faded away. (Unless you watch enemy damage numbers very closely.)

2) I've had a hard time applying Repulsor to others (upper levels). Does it only work for group members?

3) Nit: The Psi Shield's sound effect is constant and annoying. I know you can hack a file to make it go away, but I bet your community wouldn't mind if it were permanently turned down to almost-inaudible (except during start-up and fade-away).

Thanks!

[quote name='JonesPW' timestamp='1304210524' post='40048']
Shield energy converter
Buff name Shunt to Shields
Used it exactly 3 times on JonesPW and no shield energy and or reactor energy moved at all.
[/quote]

Sry JonesPW, but this is incorrect.

The buff "Shunt Shields(Instant)" works correclty.

The device Shield energy converter has a different, but similar buff: "Reroute Shield Energy (Instant)"
This buff is also found on the Warrior's Pride(not Heart) line of reactor's, the Antlia BTSE(not BCSR) line of devices, and the Power of the Ten-gu reactor.

"Reroute Shield Energy (Instant)" doesnt work properly, currently it is altering the capacity of your shield/reactor by the listed percentage, for an instant, then returning to normal.
What it should be doing is draining your shield by the listed percentage of its capacity, and refilling your reactor by the listed percentage of its capacity.
example:
Shield energy converter: 43% shield energy to 22% reactor energy, it drains 43% of your shield, based on its capacity, and restores 22% of your reactor, based on its capacity.

This buff is meant as an alternative to the "Shunt Shields (Instant)" buff, Shunt bases the transfer on recharge, reroute bases the transfer on capacity. Shunt is the better buff, while Reroute isnt affected by the debuff "Reactor Interupt".

while not a specific buff, i've noticed that any of the bubble type buffs like TT shield charging, JE environment shield, and PS repulsor field don't visually stack. in live the visible bubbles were all there so that the color of the bubble changed due to the layers of diffferent colors also the opacity of the bubble was increased due to the layering. right now you get one effect and if another is applied there is no change.

also another thing i've noticed is all buff effects are wiped when you dock, in live buff effects were persistant so that you didn't have to reaply your buffs every time you undocked. this is most annoying with things like warp speed buffs durring trade runs.

level 7 navigate does not ever seem to let you warp in grav wells, maybe i just have really bad luck as the odds are only 50% that you can warp but this was the main reason to max the skill. granted there are not as many grav wells in currently as in live and i don't know that the coding is there to allow for grav wells that you can warp through with just higher engine levels.

there are a few other skills that i don't have the points to look at yet that i hope others will look at like level 7 cloak, does it actually cloak all group members and function in warp? does level 7 scan really share your full scan range with all group members? i still remember people in live making me remove my scan buffs because it caused them lag seeing that far. does level 7 environment shield really share energy with group members? does level 7 summon let you return yourself to your last registered station like in live or is it still bugged so it only works on group members and not yourself?

Wall of Text incoming
Additive Turbo Warp (Equip) : Currently does NOT stack with "Turbo Warp (Equip)", which it should.

Beam Focus (Equip) : Currently does NOT stack with "Enhance Beams (Equip)", which it should.

Projectile Force (Equip) : Currently does NOT stack with "Enhance Projectiles (Equip)", which it should.

Missile Precision (Equip) : Currently does NOT stack with "Enhance Missiles (Equip)", which it should.

Energy Feedback (Equip), Greater Energy Feedback (Equip), Counter-Strike(Equip), Greater Counter-Strike(Equip) : Currently do nothing, should do feedback damage similar to Repulsor field skill, at the listed amount/percentage. Counter-strike for all damage types, energy feedback only for energy damage.

Equipment Damage Magnification - Hull (Activated) : Currently does nothing, should reduce a MOB's Hull Damage Control by 40%, and increase damage dealt to the hull of MOBs without HDC by 40%.

Equipment Engineering (all) : Currently bugged at stacked values at/over 100%, needs a cap similar to the one added to "Reduced Warp Cost".

Experimental Weapon Efficiency 2.3 (Activated) : Currently does nothing, unsure what it should do, buff lists 6% improved efficiency, maybe a stacking, all weapon type, weapon energy conservation buff.

Improved Cloaking (Equip) : Stealth Strike time is not increased, cloak activation time not reduced(only applicable at Skill L1-4), unable to test whether it reduces chance to be detected.

Looney's Shield Hammer (Activated) : Currently does nothing, should produce a stacking -15 debuff to Energy, Plasma, and Impact.

Reduce Experience Debt (Equip) : Currently does nothing, should etc.

Scan Blind (Activated) : Currently does nothing, at least noticeable. Should reduce MOB scan range by the listed percentage, and weapon/skill range to the reduced scan range, if they were greater. Their are 2 buffs with this name, this is the version found on the Coma line of devices, the other version found on the Skirmish Alpha
is a self-debuff.

Shield Drain (Activated) : Currently does nothing, should drain MOB shields by the listed percentage, based on thier shield recharge rate. Example: Tractor repulsor has 5 seconds of -900% Shield Drain, it should drain the MOB's shield at 9 times its recharge rate, for 5 seconds, for a total of 45 times it recharge rate drained. Similar to how the "Shunt Shields (Instant)" buff bases its shield drain, only this is continuous over time, not instant.

Superior Weapon Efficiency (Activated) : Currently does nothing, should reduce all weapon energy cost to 0(zero) for listed duration.

Transfer Reactor Energy (Instant) : Currently transfers the energy for only an instant, before its lost, needs to be permanent.

Warp Charge (all) : Currently bugged at stacked values at/over 100%, needs a cap similar to the one added to "Reduced Warp Cost".

The following Buffs are untestable to us players, whether they work at all, or stack properly:
All content-related activated items - either the items aren't available or the content isn't available.
Anti-Matter charge (equip) - items with buff not available
Chaos (equip) - items with buff not available
Dampen Chemical and EMP (activated) - items with buff not available
Dampen Psionic (activated) - mob psionic resistance indeterminable, if implemented
Decrease maneuverability (activated) - mob turn rates broken to begin with
Disable (activated) - items with debuff not available
Disrupt System Enhancements (activated) - items with debuff not available
Equipment Damage Control (all types) - % chance, not testable
Equipment Damage Magnification (all types) - % chance, not testable
Group Hug (activated) - damage display against the hull is indeterminable
Hull Damage Control (equip) - damage display against the hull is indeterminable
Improved Befriend (equip) - skill broken to begin with
Improved Critical Targeting (equip) - % chance, not testable - has been tampered with, as it used to stack above 100% and be auto-crit, it is no longer, stacking rules were either changed for this single buff or it was turned off
Improved Hacking (equip) - % chance, not testable
Improved Powerdown (equip) - % chance, not testable
Improved Powerdown (equip) - improved skill levels has no noticeable affect to test
Improved Repair Equipment (equip) - reduced activation time too small to notice
Increase Skill Success (equip) - % chance, not testable
Increase Weapon skill (all variations) - increased accuracy not reliably testable
Increased Accuracy (equip) - increased accuracy not reliably testable
Recalibrate Weapon Systems (activated) - items with buff not available
Recalibrate Shielding Systems (activated) - items with buff not available
Remove Menace (activated) - content not available to test
See Cloaked (all) - content not available to test
Weaken Psionic (activated) - mob psionic resistance indeterminable, if implemented
Weaken Psionic - BOOST! (activated) - mob psionic resistance indeterminable, if implemented
Worsen Weapons Handling ( all variations) - MOB accuracy and damage adjustments indeterminable

Turbo Weapons
All Turbo weapons buffs currently work and stack using the same rules as all other buffs. They do not stack as they did in live, but current maximum attainable Turbo remains relatively the same, (40+40+20 = 100%) currently, compared to (40+20+15+12+10+7+5 = 99%) in live. Current version gives value to the emu-only Blackbeard Weapons, making them necessary for any turbo values over 60%, while also allowing non-warriors to reach higher turbo values(up to 95%) than in Live. Edited by will

Terran Trader's group profit buff isn't working. Did a trade run while grouped, sold the crate at 2249 credits, ungrouped, let buff wear off, re-initiated trade and still sold the same crate at 2249 credits.

In addition to the last post, group trade bonuses in-station don't work as the members of the group are not seen as being in the same location. Don't remember if there were manufacturing or refining bounuses when group memebers were docked but if they do exist, they don't work either.

Hi all Great work Teams well PW combat Trabce is not c0ming on part of the time even at a full stop or gating
need to nuge the dhip forward to get it to come on and the skull shiled should pop on when you first log on when the game says shields installed as of now we need to manuly switch the shield tp show thst its on its stays on thu the game after that
Winxp and still great job Teams and every one--)

[quote name='Zyg' timestamp='1304282245' post='40084']
In addition to the last post, group trade bonuses in-station don't work as the members of the group are not seen as being in the same location. Don't remember if there were manufacturing or refining bounuses when group memebers were docked but if they do exist, they don't work either.
[/quote]

Zyg I have to disagree with ya on the manufacturing bonus given while in group. While it dont show a increase in success percentage it does give you a bonus. I have tested this many times with the same item that was built and it does effect how often you get a 200% item built.
Unless it has broken recently it should still give that bonus. However I think that the increased bonus percentage should show in terminal but thats another tweak they can work on later.

Ok, honestly, I didnt go all the way thru Will's huge reply above... I may have missed this.
I have noticed on the Sumpter Lv8 shield (only when I am currently buffed with a steingard 6) that the shield recharge does not work properly. It blinks three times and goes away. (I know its only for 10 seconds but on a countoff that is about 3 seconds)

I hope you guys have a look at the new agrippa sield scermish omega. The menace buff dont work and the duration of the impact debuff lasts for maybe 5 secs . When i look at the buffs it says "duration of seconds" no number given .
Thanks
  • Upvote 1

I was wondering if Rally is supposed to be able to stack against another player's Rally. Currently seems to negate the other effect. They used the Weapons one, I used the Defensive one and it reversed the buffs.

[quote name='Naoki' timestamp='1304325438' post='40101']
I was wondering if Rally is supposed to be able to stack against another player's Rally. Currently seems to negate the other effect. They used the Weapons one, I used the Defensive one and it reversed the buffs.
[/quote]

No stacking. THis is intentional as one of the fixes the original devs made during the live game to keep TEs a little closer to balanced. Stacked Rally led to groups of way overpowered TEs.

[quote name='Bellash' timestamp='1304313396' post='40097']
I hope you guys have a look at the new agrippa sield scermish omega. The menace buff dont work and the duration of the impact debuff lasts for maybe 5 secs . When i look at the buffs it says "duration of seconds" no number given .
Thanks
[/quote]

Improved Menace(Equip) buff does work, activation time and range are increased appropriately per additional skill level provided by the buff.

Some new Agrippa Technology buffs may not have correct code on them. This is known and code for them will be written / updated after all the buffs from live have been resolved.

You still get the item, it may not have all effects turned on!

Currently
Increase speed (equip) does not work.

My specific example is Cats Paw L4, but other items have also failed to increase my speed.

{edit}
On a similar note it seems if you use a scutums II CSR 4 (shunt to reactor) Instant (yes I know it does not currently work)
then use a device that does shunt Shields (instant) the shunt shields will not have an effect. If you use a different device and then shunt shields again the effect will return. Both shunt shields and shunt to reactor seem to have the same visual effect. Edited by Dakynos
added note

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1304379042' post='40137']
Currently
Increase speed (equip) does not work.

My specific example is Cats Paw L4, but other items have also failed to increase my speed.
[/quote]

This is because you have another item equipped that has a higher Increase Speed (Equip) buff, they will not stack.
It also does not stack with the Increase Speed Cap (Equip) buff, though it used to.

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1304379042' post='40137']
{edit}
On a similar note it seems if you use a scutums II CSR 4 (shunt to reactor) Instant (yes I know it does not currently work)
then use a device that does shunt Shields (instant) the shunt shields will not have an effect. If you use a different device and then shunt shields again the effect will return. Both shunt shields and shunt to reactor seem to have the same visual effect.
[/quote]

Just re-tested these.
Shunt to Reactor (Equip) and Shunt to Reactor (Activated) both work correctly, as does Shunt Shields (Instant), and they all stack properly.
Shunt Shields (Instant) has no buff icon, it has no duration, it works once instantly and its done. It will not work, yet still activate and begin to recharge, if you don't have sufficient shield energy.
There is no Shunt to Reactor (Instant) buff.

Shoot - you are correct. I had an Increase speed on another item that I didn't realize. It does work properly.

As far as Shunt to reactor and shunt shields, I'm referring to the visual only as it is activated, not in the buff icon window.

one of the device buffs i find the most annoying is on the Cygnus series of reactors, it is called "Recharge Reactor - BOOST! (Activated)" it does seem to give the stated reactor recharge buff but it costs energy to activate, my memorey from live is that effect was free of activation cost, being what it is arround 600 points makes it hard to be usefull.

[quote name='will' timestamp='1304239442' post='40066']
Additive Turbo Warp (Equip) : Currently does NOT stack with "Turbo Warp (Equip)", which it should.

Turbo Weapons
All Turbo weapons buffs currently work and stack using the same rules as all other buffs. They do not stack as they did in live, but current maximum attainable Turbo remains relatively the same, (40+40+20 = 100%) currently, compared to (40+20+15+12+10+7+5 = 99%) in live. Current version gives value to the emu-only Blackbeard Weapons, making them necessary for any turbo values over 60%, while also allowing non-warriors to reach higher turbo values(up to 95%) than in Live.
[/quote]

this is a great point i was wondering if we were trying to get back to live where it was important for warriors to collect all the various turbo devices as the 5% from ageis of the warder stacked with the 12% from the contained voltoi essence and with the 20% from the plagues bite for another 20% and for the uber with another 15% from the skull shield. there were of course several other small 7% turbo buffs items that the rich could track down, the point being that all different % values of activated turbo would stack with only the largest % of equiped turbo you had with only 1 equiped value ever mattering. so that your average new toon could manage about 72-77% and your long time players hit that 99-109%.

along these lines, are we using the old in live turbo formula where 90% turbo meant your firing delay was reduced by 90% so you fired 10 times faster than normal or are we using the new in live formula where 100% turbo meant you fired 100% faster so that you fired twice as fast as non turbo at 100% turbo?

is the current blackbeard turbo weapons stacking with original game content turbo weapons intentional?

[quote name='Moche' timestamp='1304487805' post='40202']
one of the device buffs i find the most annoying is on the Cygnus series of reactors, it is called "Recharge Reactor - BOOST! (Activated)" it does seem to give the stated reactor recharge buff but it costs energy to activate, my memorey from live is that effect was free of activation cost, being what it is arround 600 points makes it hard to be usefull.
[/quote]

Hi

I have rechecked this reactor's stats. Guardians of Capella's database ( link http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/itemsmarket/index.html ) as well as Freedom Fighter's database confirms that this activated buff used energy.

I have yet to find an activated buff that does not have an energy cost associated with it.

Riia