Funding the Emulator Project

[quote name='Tanya' timestamp='1304076823' post='39965']
$14.54 still needed just a couple seconds ago. Just paid my internet bill or I'd have it ;)
[/quote]
And I'm saving my money for the coming months. We need to survive longer than this month if this project is to get anywhere :D

[quote name='Yendor' timestamp='1304083208' post='39969']
I am glad that the donation tracker has been fixed! ;)

Is there anyway to "pledge" a certain amount every month? I mean, besides manually paying every month?
[/quote]

I thought it gave you a recurring option when it got you to paypal, if it doesn't we'll look at that.

Glad to see meeting the goal at least for this month. I've been donated on and off for some time, though not recently.
Will try to do it regularly but an option to make the donation recurring would be welcome.
Even if money is tight at the moment i wouldn't want this project to fail.

Maybe a kind of motivator would help for more player donating.

Something like .. hm.. Playernames shown in a gold color (ingame - all char names from the donating account).
Just for the month the user has donated.
And a golden glow under the ship when donated three months in a row. or six.

Something like this.. nothing with an real advantage.
I hope u guys understand what i´m trying to say.. my Nickname has a reason ^^

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304111592' post='39985']
I thought it gave you a recurring option when it got you to paypal, if it doesn't we'll look at that.
[/quote]

I looked for a recurring payment option and could not find one.

• 2 weeks later...
i think a big portion of issues when it comes to donating has to do with the fact that it takes paypal atleast 2 months to get your bank account hooked into their system plus they charge fees for their service so your 20 dollar donation just turned into 25-28 plus factor in that some are in different countries and the exchange rates therein just took their 20 dollars and made it 45 plus the fees for converting the funds.

[quote name='Celticwarrior' timestamp='1305695708' post='40841']
i think a big portion of issues when it comes to donating has to do with the fact that it takes paypal atleast 2 months to get your bank account hooked into their system plus they charge fees for their service so your 20 dollar donation just turned into 25-28 plus factor in that some are in different countries and the exchange rates therein just took their 20 dollars and made it 45 plus the fees for converting the funds.
[/quote]
I haven't had that much trouble with PayPal myself, but it sure is annoying that they take a portion of our donations, especially given how difficult it can be to reach our goals. Unfortunately, I don't think we have much choice. We could charge credit/debit cards directly, but that presents security issues which we probably don't want to get tangled up in, and we could use e-checks, but we'll still run into problems with security, international transaction fees, and we would have to use bank and routing numbers, which I expect most people would find very annoying. Sadly, I think PayPal is really our only option.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1306022272' post='41024']
I haven't had that much trouble with PayPal myself, but it sure is annoying that they take a portion of our donations, especially given how difficult it can be to reach our goals. Unfortunately, I don't think we have much choice. We could charge credit/debit cards directly, but that presents security issues which we probably don't want to get tangled up in, and we could use e-checks, but we'll still run into problems with security, international transaction fees, and we would have to use bank and routing numbers, which I expect most people would find very annoying. Sadly, I think PayPal is really our only option.
[/quote]

Ya even if you took CC payments CDel... Still gotta pay a % to the Credit Card companies too.. So no way around it gotta pay everyone for services some form or another :/ Guess the only way is to donate more, but its like taxes... The more you make the more they take... AAAGGG

[quote name='Celticwarrior' timestamp='1305695708' post='40841']
i think a big portion of issues when it comes to donating has to do with the fact that it takes paypal atleast 2 months to get your bank account hooked into their system [/quote]

Im in the USA and it took less then 48hrs to setup my bank account and my donation was in.

-WT

[quote name='WhiteTrash' timestamp='1306206045' post='41084']
Im in the USA and it took less then 48hrs to setup my bank account and my donation was in.

-WT
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't understand this either. I already had a PayPal account and each of my donations have gone through quickly and with no problem. There was a glitch for a bit about the forum not reflecting the PP donations correctly (and honestly have no idea where the issue was) but that's since been corrected.

I'm in canada and as of late paypal is takin their sweet arsed time to get the deposit amounts into my acct so i can activate my debit but i guess if i was in the states they would move faster lol