skill points

Out of sheer curiosity I started playing with the character planner on Net-7.org

JE, JD, and TT require 412 skill points to max every skill out, that's lvl 150 + 136 skill points (so using the 136 "extra skill points" as a standard, I did a little research on who's missing out)
JT maxes out everything with 54 skill points left
TS maxes out everything with 44 skill points left
PP maxes out everything with 36 skill points left
PS maxes out everything with 15 skill points left
TE maxes out everything with 15 skill points left
PW maxes out everything with 01 skill points left

Obviously the new character classes are missing out the most, I know the DEVs have Afterburner on the menu for the TS (which even if that went to lvl 9 would leave 7 skill points unused, but 7's not as bad as 44). I don't know if DEVs have anything on the board for JT or PP yet or not.

I know whatever the DEVs do there's no pleasing everyone, but I am curious if the JE, JD and TT had all those skill slots in Live. It just seems they would have to work the hardest to fill everything, assuming a player WANTED to fill everything.

Yes, I was bored when I did this, but would like to know what other players think of this information.

The Scout is already accounting for this a tad, and will receive both Nullfactor Field, and Afterburner, both of which (at least at the start) will go to Tech V. We'll be investigating a lot more into skills soon because it's one of the major points that must be solved before we transition to any new development stage.

When you did the calculation for the JT did you take into account that reactor optimization isn't included in the planner? Total skill points required to max a JT is 379

Have all the classes and what their sp requirements, in terms of total skill points here.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1302644871' post='38922']
It's still possible to eventually max everything, but it will take many overdings to do it, and how many depends on your class. For the original 6 classes PE and TW took the fewest(397), PW & JW took the most (419), and TT/JE were in the middle (412). The JT requires 379 if her skills have no further changes, the Scout requires 368 according to the planner, and the PT takes 376, but is 1 skill short. Those numbers are the total amount of skill points required, including the ones you get prior to 150.

Edit: You earn 276 skill points between L0 and L150.
[/quote]

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1303768294' post='39747']
When you did the calculation for the JT did you take into account that reactor optimization isn't included in the planner? Total skill points required to max a JT is 379
[/quote]

you're right I did miss that, thanks for pointing that out.

The Scout when his two new skills are added, will have a bunch of skills that are only L5. Hacking, Negotiate, Afterburn, NullFactor, the JT also has 4 skills capped at 5. Negotiate, Scan, Cloak, and Fold Space. None of the existing classes have that many skills capped at 5. This is why the Scout & Seeker require so few skill points to totally max. Perhaps the Scout can get rid of hacking and get a new exclusive L7 skill, or have his new exclusive skills raised to L7. Having the Scout's exclusive skills only be level 5, means that they can max them with 10 skill points each, while the other classes need 21 to max each of their exclusive skills.

The PE and TW each have 3, TW Negotiate, Damage Control, and Crits, the PE Crits, Grav link, and Scan. PT also has 3. (Negotiate, Menace, Critical Targeting). By comparison the JE has 1 (Fold Space) the JW has 1 (Cloak), the TT has 1 (Navigate), and the PW has one (Enrage)

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1303853019' post='39806']
The Scout when his two new skills are added, will have a bunch of skills that are only L5. Hacking, Negotiate, Afterburn, NullFactor, the JT also has 4 skills capped at 5. Negotiate, Scan, Cloak, and Fold Space. None of the existing classes have that many skills capped at 5. This is why the Scout & Seeker require so few skill points to totally max. Perhaps the Scout can get rid of hacking and get a new exclusive L7 skill, or have his new exclusive skills raised to L7. Having the Scout's exclusive skills only be level 5, means that they can max them with 10 skill points each, while the other classes need 21 to max each of their exclusive skills.

The PE and TW each have 3, TW Negotiate, Damage Control, and Crits, the PE Crits, Grav link, and Scan. PT also has 3. (Negotiate, Menace, Critical Targeting). By comparison the JE has 1 (Fold Space) the JW has 1 (Cloak), the TT has 1 (Navigate), and the PW has one (Enrage)
[/quote]

I started at 5 in the sense that I can always loose/expand, but taking away from people tends to cause hurt feelings. :o