Norton Internet Sec and Net 7

All;

Not sure if this is know or not but I noticed a couple patches ago.
When I try and do a patch it works; but then when I launch my Norton stuff say net7proxy.exe is doing something suspicious and it removed.

I then have to go back, relaunch, advanced and ask for a total update.
Update works and then it works just fine.

In my Honest Opinion Norton is Evil and worthless.
I stopped using that anti-virus software long ago for 3 reasons:

1) Scans take 10 times longer than any other scanner out there, you can sit all day just scanning a 100 gig hard drive.
2) Uses insane amounts of CPU power and Ram. Simply not worth it when there are better virus scanners out there for cheaper and some that are free like mine.
3) Does not find half the viruses that it should. My avira Anti-Vir anti-virus (Which is free) found 20 more viruses on a test computer than Norton and took care of them with ease. This was a computer that someone asked me to fix and I used both virus scanners each in turn.

There are other better anti-virus programs out there and if I were you I would get rid of it and find yourself a different one. Ive also found Norton gives more false positives than any other program out there as well.

[quote name='Suncats' timestamp='1303147600' post='39325']
All;

When I try and do a patch it works; but then when I launch my Norton stuff say net7proxy.exe is doing something suspicious and it removed.

[/quote]

It's unfortunate that Norton doesn't prompt the user. I run TrendMicro and after every patch to Net7 it detects the program has changed the next time I run it and prompts me to either allow the program to continue (and stores that so no prompt needed the next time) or to disallow the program. Perhaps there's some admin setting for Norton that might provide more interaction?

[quote name='Suncats' timestamp='1303147600' post='39325']
All;

[/quote]

Not positive if it's the same, but it should be fairly similar, as I have Norton 360 instead of IS.

Open Norton, then go to Settings, then Antivirus, Scans and Risks tab. Under that is "scan exclusions" which has a "configure" button (link) next to it. Add the program to that exclusions list and it should hopefully resolve the issue. If it does not, you can also try adding it to your firewall exclusions.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20100422105240EN&layout=VirtuOZ

Hopefully this helps!