What race class do you favor most?

56 members have voted

1. 1. What race class do you favor most?

• Terran Enforcer
    • Progen Warrior
    • Jenquai Defender
    • Terran Tradesman
    • Progen Privateer
    • Jenquai Seeker
    • Terran Scout
    • Progen Explorer
    • Jenquai Explorer

Trying to get a view of what race-class people see the most in this game, I tried to use terms used in most of the games now a-days, you can't have multiple choices, you can post why you chose your race-class to better help other players.

[b]Terrans[/b]
Trader - Support Medic w/ DPS or Full Craftsman w/ Merchant Abilities
Enforcer - Off-Tank DPS w/ Merchant Abilities
Scout - DPS w/ Exploration & Mining

[b]Progen[/b]
Warrior - Full Tank
Privateer - Off-Tank DPS or Full Craftsman w/ Merchant Abilities
Explorer - Off-Tank DPS Explorer w/ Mining

[b]Jenquai[/b]
Defender - Stealth DPS w/ Exploration
Seeker - Merchant w/ Stealth DPS or Full Craftsman w/ Merchant Abilities
Explorer - Adventurer w/ Exploration & Mining

Honestly, I don't really know which I prefer. I have two of each race, just missing the PS, TE and JD from my lineup and I'm really considering making a TE and PS, but for some reason the JD has no appeal to me even though, from what I hear, they can really melt the mobs down quick.

So, for the simple need to declare a single choice I'll go with Progen Warrior. It's what I played in live and what has prompted me to play a tank class as my main in every MMO I've played since. In my experience a tank either makes or breaks the group.

Played a JE, as my main in Live, same here. I like all 3 Jenquai classes, and have 2 of them at L150. Most of the time I like to go mining, so that means that I also like the other explorers somewhat too. Have tried the Scout, and like it, same with the Sentinel. Have 1 of each of the remaining classes, they get less playtime than the Jenquai toons, and explorers.

I like most classes. My main in live, and here is my JE. In the beginning he was my clear favourite, and I played him almost exclusively until I got my second account. I think my first character on my second account was a JD, but closely behind were another pair consisting of a JE and a TT, and more pairs were to follow so I could try out all the classes. My TT quickly became my second favourite character. Once I reached endgame, I started taking more of a liking to my warriors, since much at that time was about fighting. I still liked mining and building equipment from scratch, so my JE remained my favourite, and still does. My PP has taken over as close runner-up over the TT though, since I like that little bit of extra fire power.

For me this was not an easy question as I have not played all classes and even less leveled all the ones I have now to 150. The personal experience and gameplay may change a lot with the the right equipment, skills and maxed character. Further some classes are really fun while in group while others is fun playing solo due to the challenge.

Out of the characters I play most it is the JE (150), PP (140) and TT (only 80+ still but if it will be like in live when maxed this is an awsome class to play). The mood I am in also effects what I favor most.

After a lot of thinking I went with PP, I feel this class is fun to play, can fill a few roles, can be played very successfully both soloed and grouped. Now if I just could push myself to get to combat 50 I am sure it will be even mroe fun =)

i never played in live but started here in st2.
it has to be terran trader.my tt had just got his first oguns when it went to st3,so i started a tt again. 8)
made it to 150 and i really like to play it.
also like the pp and te, but my je is coming along...

On Live I only got a TT to Lv. 75 before the server went poof what I liked about them the most was the [b]Shield Repair[/b] and [b]Hull Patch[/b] the most, since they remind me of Healers or Medics which in most games I like to save peoples butts from trouble.

Only other characters on live I had was a Lv. 30 PW and Lv. 15 JD, on here I've gotten a TT to 50 that's about it.

I like Blattu never played during live... The class that I had the most fun playing was the PW. I like that they had the ability to take so much damage and dish it back out. I also like the glass cannon JD, because of the powerful first strike they have. Last off the TS for its speed.

I chose the JS. In Live my main was a JD, but now... my JD is probably my least played character. Yesterday I was able to take on a CL 60 drone in BBW with more than 8 times my hull+shield and managed to keep my shields up and kill it without a single scratch on my paint job, maybe my play style's changed since Live but imo the JS really kicks some tail. I admit being able to keep your shields up probably isn't new to experienced TT players from Live but for someone who played strictly Jenquai having the hidden classes really changed the rules of the ball game for me :(

In live I played a tt, got it up to 150 plus. I loved the role of healer. I'd even lead small-scale raids like mordana. Its hard to beat the sheer fun of driving a loaded group while simultaneously keeping everyone alive, plus if you absolutely have to retreat the group makes it out safely with you. In the emu though I haven't played Terran at all. I'm addicted to the glass cannon jd and I'm almost at lvl 9 guns and reactors and can't wait. I don't play enough to do.a lot with an alt but I have a pp at level 30 something and love it. If I level up another character it will probably be pp

I prefer the Jenquai race, the JS took over my #1 spot from my JD because I love the cargo and like the ability to heal other players in the group.. Reactor skill is also nice but the Tinkerbell Fairy thing that flys around I could do without! lol.

I also have a PP that im lvling up and love the shield inversion. His only downside is ammo!

When I started in live, I picked PW just because it said COMBATTTT
PW was all I played. I had a JE for ore mining for myself, and a couple TT mules, but the PW got 99 percent of the playtime.

PW is the only class I have played in EMU as well.

I think you know my vote =]=]

• 1 month later...
I played my TT exclusively when live and got him to 135. Never played anything else. Started a PW got to level 5, but went back to my TT. Now I am playing a TT, but he is very low. Started a JE, but I heard they are very difficult to play. I guess they are somewhat like a rogue.

I voted on the TT just because I know that class, but going to try as many as I can. I hardly see that many people on when I play and I play from like 630 pm to around 9 pm EST,