Can't run net-7 launcher

When I go to run the net-7 launcher I get :

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Everything else loaded and ran properly.

I'm running on winXP service pack 3.

Is there other things I need to install? Or a fix for this?

I played EnB way back from the day it came out, can't wait to fire it up again.

Thanks!

[quote name='Chap' timestamp='1302817901' post='39130']
When I go to run the net-7 launcher I get :

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Everything else loaded and ran properly.

I'm running on winXP service pack 3.

Is there other things I need to install? Or a fix for this?

I played EnB way back from the day it came out, can't wait to fire it up again.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 minimum to make the launcher run, and you'll need VC++ 2008 redistributable. Search for it on the MS site and find the right version of each for your respective CPU and OS.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1302818851' post='39133']
Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 minimum to make the launcher run, and you'll need VC++ 2008 redistributable. Search for it on the MS site and find the right version of each for your respective CPU and OS.
[/quote]

I'm getting those now and crossing my fingers :(

• 3 weeks later...
I have this same problem. I updated .NET framework and got the V++ file and installed that. Now when I clik to start LaunchNet7 nothing happens at all. The cursor changes for a few seconds to indicate something is starting, but nothing does.

Any other recommendations??

RB

Nothing in task manager or tray.

I removed and reinstalled the game from my original CD's and got fresh downloads of the patch and Net7setup. Still the same. When I clik LaunchNet7 the cursor changes a second like it did before, but nothing else happens.

I had the game running on this same machine a few months ago but did a complete wipe and reinstalled Windows. I'm running XP Pro with Service Pack 3 installed.

[quote name='Redbeard' timestamp='1304872598' post='40381']
Nothing in task manager or tray.

I removed and reinstalled the game from my original CD's and got fresh downloads of the patch and Net7setup. Still the same. When I clik LaunchNet7 the cursor changes a second like it did before, but nothing else happens.

I had the game running on this same machine a few months ago but did a complete wipe and reinstalled Windows. I'm running XP Pro with Service Pack 3 installed.
[/quote]

if you right click the shortcut and go to its target from the properties of the shortcut, what do you see? Are all the files there?

Directories: bin, database, logs
files client-version.txt, net-7-version.txt and so on

This sounds like the shortcut isn't resolving to a correct location to me.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304878806' post='40384']
if you right click the shortcut and go to its target from the properties of the shortcut, what do you see? Are all the files there?

Directories: bin, database, logs
files client-version.txt, net-7-version.txt and so on

This sounds like the shortcut isn't resolving to a correct location to me.
[/quote]

Here is what I'm seeing.

[attachment=913:ss2.JPG][attachment=912:ss1.JPG]

Huh, not sure which installer that is. Might be one of the other guys who've left the team. So, under C:\Program Files\EA Games\ do you see any other folders aside from NET7?

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304884656' post='40389']
Huh, not sure which installer that is. Might be one of the other guys who've left the team. So, under C:\Program Files\EA Games\ do you see any other folders aside from NET7?
[/quote]

There is the NET7 along with the Earth & Beyond folder. That's all.

The Net7setup file was d/l from Net-7.org every time.

[attachment=914:ss3.JPG]

The game was running on this computer just 5-6 weeks ago. I did a complete wipe of the hard drive and reinstalled Windows last week. It wasn't because of EnB.

The home network this comp is on has another comp that is currently running the game without any problems. The only reason I keep this comp running is so when friends come by we can play together.

I'm beginning to think that another complete wipe is in my future. It sounds like there might have been some kind of problem with the reinstall of Windows.

Well that did it!!

A complete wipe and reinstallation of Winderz. Then set everything else up and viola, it all works now.

Many Thanks to you Kyp for the suggestions on how to get it going. It just turned out to be a local problem with my comp that I had to address.