Mining

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1304654463' post='40278']
yes it was to try to stop the locked tractor beam. I have since changed the warp distance for resources so you approach to 0.5k, which should make the tractoring a bit faster.

It doesn't completely fix the locked beam as I've managed to get a few since the change went in, but in each case there was a tiny amount of lag at just the wrong moment.

One day I'll go in with packet logging, try to reproduce the issue and then try to work out what happens differently with the locked beam.
[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback.

On another note, to whom should I report bugged asteroid fields? And is there a person in charge of prospecting for the whole server?

when you say 'bugged', it could mean a lot of things. You need to be more specific, for example, do the resources contain only debris? This is a content issue. Do the fields look different from live? That's hardly a bug but you might want to tell someone.

At the moment there's no-one in charge of fields, but if you post the specific problem in the developer support->ores forum it'll help establish who needs to see it. There are many aspects to prospecting!