Cant install client..

look i have DL everything from the website.. got it all sitting on my desktop.. planned on installing it all as the instructions dictate... everytime i initialize the install of the client it tells me i need a beta key of sorts from file planet .com ...asks if i have internet access.. im on and running.. i click yes... then "http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx" "application not found" WTF!!!!!!

someone help.... im an old school EnB gamer from the very beginning .. never knew this existed and was stoked till this happened...

For god sakes ill pay the operating costs myself monthly to get this working !!!....

PLEASE!!!

LOL Hand over your money! Kidding...

Does the installer not allow you to progress? If I'm not mistaken that error pops up but if you alt-tab to the installer it was progressing on? I cannot check further at this time as I'm at the real job, but if your still having trouble later and I happen to be online, I could work with you via Teamspeak/Teamviewer to help you get installed/resolved.

We always appreciate more new/old faces back in the game and hey them donations dont hurt either.

where do you live .. if your USA side im in mississippi and ill call you up.. charge is on me... or text so its instant.. this is gruelling i cant figure it out and im not even a CPU dummy LOLZ!!! and i heave you a good chunk of change for the cost if we get this running.. you have no idea what i was in the OG retail and how bad i died at 0 hour on sunset of this game!!

exact happenings are :

preparing to retrieve free product key...

application not found...

could not execute external program http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx

Haha too funny sound like me trying to get my EnB Fix. Unfortunately bud Im stationed overseas right now. I got about 4 more hours or so at work so might be pretty late your time. Again I got some methods to work with ya where it wont cost either a dime ;)

Only problem is our timezones differ greatly atm. Its 145PM where I am (GMT+9). I'm sure some others may chime in here to help, but I will do what I can when I can for ya bud.

Download teamspeak and have that ready as we'll use that as primary communications.

Some other things to check while I'm strapped to a limited work computer are:

What OS? If Vista/7 make sure when you launched the installer you chose to run as administrator (that usually is a problem which we can remedy as well). Again when you got to that fileplanet point was it just a white browser windows and lil error message? ALT-TAB to the installer is it still going or held up?

That's about all I can do at this point until Im off work bud. I'll try to reach you then if your still awake lol :).

Make sure internet explorer is installed and make it your default web browser. The client is trying to open up the old web page that gave out demo keys (obviously now long defunct) and it's failing because back in the day they assumed internet explorer would be around (I'm not sure if it could even be uninstalled back then). When you set IE as your default browser, it should open up the old demo key web page. Close the internet explorer window that comes up and the installation should continue.

Guest hayabustas
Ill be on here till its fixed..so mad... OS is vista...tried admin run.. no go... if I go to browser n put it in manually .. white screen .. nothing more.. but clicking the installer just initiates wise installation process....goes to little box on desktop that gives first message and same to next msg ... never opens browser at all.... DL'd everything to desktop cuz I was tired of DL'ing it over n over when it failed cus I hit "run" not save....seven times!! Soooooooo angry!!!

ok got the client installed... what do i choose as the system to update with the EnB update?....

Choices:

character and starship creator (shortcut)
Earth and Beyond (shortcut)
Earth and Beyond website (shortcut)
character and starship creator (setup launcher)
eandb_demo
enb-up
Launchnet7 (shortcut)

these are the only choices given.... Edited by Hayabusta

ok peeps.. got game to launch updated launcher etc etc... now getting error " did not complete registration" ill look around to see what ive done wrong but ive created both net7 and forum acounts so i should be good but i may be dumb or somethin :)

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302067925' post='38355']
ok peeps.. got game to launch updated launcher etc etc... now getting error " did not complete registration" ill look around to see what ive done wrong but ive created both net7 and forum acounts so i should be good but i may be dumb or somethin :)
[/quote]
Activated your account for you. You're good to go. ;)

I'm off to bed now, so if you run into any more trouble, look in the FAQ/Common Fixes thread linked in my sig below.

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1302075394' post='38362']
Cheers Cdel I'm still stuck in office might not make it today :/ sorry don't mean to leave a player in need hanging... But I got an issue here that just rose up I need to squash...
[/quote]
No problem. That's what I'm here for. :)

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302062362' post='38338']
For god sakes ill pay the operating costs myself monthly to get this working !!!....
[/quote]

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302076077' post='38363']
Woot got it I'm up n running ...
[/quote]

Hmmmmm. Now about that money.... :)

[quote name='Eviticus' timestamp='1302109636' post='38383']
Hmmmmm. Now about that money.... :unsure:
[/quote]
D'oh! I didn't see that before! I should've held out... :P

Ok mates im true to my word.. gimme a few to get home just departed for Ireland for 2 weeks or so and my cards are at the house.. all i have is the company issues... soon as i get back ill drop some cash to make this even :unsure:....

on another note.. what are the 3 hidden races or whatever you use the shipbuilder to get??? im a bit confused...

and lastly anyone have a database link for ALL ingame equipment drops zones mobs bosses elites etc?

thanks mates been a LOOOONG time !

HAYABUSTA and IGGYBOP back in the EnB Universe! hellz ya!!

ok then my next question is this game in the exact state we were at in 0 hour at shut down?.., if so i have a full database of EVERYTHING there was in the game... if not whats changed/been added?

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302127751' post='38423']
ok then my next question is this game in the exact state we were at in 0 hour at shut down?.., if so i have a full database of EVERYTHING there was in the game... if not whats changed/been added?
[/quote]
We're working our way toward where the game was when it was launched. Whatever info you have might be helpful for development purposes though. What kind of information do you have?

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302127164' post='38420']
Ok mates im true to my word.. gimme a few to get home just departed for Ireland for 2 weeks or so and my cards are at the house.. all i have is the company issues... soon as i get back ill drop some cash to make this even :unsure:....[/quote]

For the record I was joking, but of course we would all love whatever you wish to donate. In the gaming world, I would say this is one of the best donations possible you could even think of. (Maybe if some money would get me into the SW:TOR Beta, that might be a good expenditure of cash too, but I digress....hehe)

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302127164' post='38420']on another note.. what are the 3 hidden races or whatever you use the shipbuilder to get??? im a bit confused...[/quote]

There are three races, Terran/Progen/Jenquai. And three base classes, Warrior/Trader/Explorer. Originally before the game even launched there was going to be 9 player race/class mixes. Terran Warrior, Terran Explorer, Terran Tradesman, and so on for 3 Progen classes, and so on for three Jenquai classes. This was cut and I am not 100% certain of the reasons personally. Someone here probably knows them, but not me. It was cut down to 6, not 9. The ones left out were the Terran Scout(Explorer), Progen Privateer(Tradesman), and Jenquai Seeker(Tradesman).

To play as one of those removed classes go to www.net-7.org, go to the download section and get the character and starship creator.

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302127164' post='38420']
and lastly anyone have a database link for ALL ingame equipment drops zones mobs bosses elites etc?
[/quote]

The best tool for this to find what drops what is by googling EnB Arsenal. That site, which I do not think will be up for much longer, is sorta kinda somewhat right. It hasn't been updated in a long time and this is always changing. The staff here at EnB Emu would rather we put together our own database and so they will not share with us the exact live info of what drops what. I believe a user named Bidoc wants to try to get a database together but currently it is in it's infancy.

Well thanks Heaps... ill look into that after i go to the attic and dig out all of my maps spreadsheets and drops sheets i had made in the short lived "live" version... i have tons i was an EnB nerd and if i had tons of time on my hands and could contribute tons id put in a application for joining the team... cheers and i may just take 6 months off work im so happy LOLZ!!!!

[quote name='Hayabusta' timestamp='1302128879' post='38431']
Well thanks Heaps... ill look into that after i go to the attic and dig out all of my maps spreadsheets and drops sheets i had made in the short lived "live" version... i have tons i was an EnB nerd and if i had tons of time on my hands and could contribute tons id put in a application for joining the team... cheers and i may just take 6 months off work im so happy LOLZ!!!!
[/quote]

Just remember when you amass your data from Live we would love to see what you have. We have alot of information from Live, but to the best of my knowledge there is alot more we could have that we don't. Who knows. What you saved from Live may be information we need. Better to check and find out.

will do mate.... soon as i get back ill dig it al out.. i have a 4'by 4' box of maps drop lists mobs by zone lvs drops npc's quests chains factions .. the works... i was hardcore into the live version... and now i suppose i can contribute my part for this version.... but its a butload so getting it to yall may be a bit of a dilemma LOLZ....

nOW TURN THE SERVER LOGIN BACK ON IM GETTING ANTZEE!!!!!

Tommy