Weapon Mounts

Sydokun

I don't know about you but i hate the placement of the 5th weapon mount. I would love to see this changed to maybe the bottom middle or even top middle just not hanging of the right side of the frontwindow . just does not seem balanced

While on the subject of weapons mounts placement, I was surprised to find the 1st mount on a TT was still under the nose as in live. As I posted on the old website, I think mounts should all be under the wings or at wing tips for those ships that get an even number of weapons. The ships that get an odd number of weapons should place the last mount under the nose. Again this only applies to ships that have wings. On a side note, do teran launchers have to be huge? A reduction in size would be far more visually appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

I play a TT, and I agree that the gigantic ridiculous hood ornament needs to go :(

I always thought that was the dumbest placement ever. If they are not able to be moved, something that would let you turn off the visibility of launchers would be equally satisfactory (to me at least)

As far as I know from very old dev discussions and when we did the weapon mounts testing back in the day, to actually get weapons shown on your ship and weapons firing effects originating correctly, we are limited to the weapon mounts being where they are coded to be[the ship models are 'hardcoded' so to speak]; It would require client modifications to change anything in that area.

But don't quote me on that.

the TT hardpoint locations could still be changed, just copy the locations the TS uses, 2 hardpoints on each wing, nice and symetrical, instead of how it currently has it, which I always disliked as well.

I doubt the PT one could be changed, since tehre was never a centered progen mount location.

I agree - I don't care for the hull design really at all. It looks like im towing a cargo freighter because of my ghetto rear end. Talk about having some junk in the trunk.

Lol on the junk in the trunk thing I think it's TT>PT>JT.

well, while i do have to say that there's not much you can do to make the crabs and clams (progen ships) look any better to start with, i do have to say that balancing the look of the weapon mounts would help a biti mean, when i look at my ship with 3 mounts, and i see this huge, hulking ML on it, i seriously expect my ship to puul to the left a bit.

• 9 months later...

I like the airplane wings on Terran ship hulls.

But there is a problem with the weapon mount points used on Trader hulls with two of the wing styles most like airplane wings. One weapon mount under the right wing, two under the left wing -- where does the last weapon mount go -- the nose. It would look better under the right wing.

Scouts using airplane wings get it done right i.e. two weapon mounts under each wing.

Need pictures of this gross ugliness that traders put up with to see what I mean?

Can weapon mount points used by traders get changed? :)

Yes they can be changed.  there was one wrong wing mount at the Jenquai Explorers too if i'm right.

Best would be if you can provide what hull and wing styles you used. (1,2,3)

Then we can have a look at them.

greets

Hexergirl

Yes they can be changed. there was one wrong wing mount at the Jenquai Explorers too if i'm right.

It's wing style 3 in combination with hull style 1, 2 or 3.

Yes they can be changed.  there was one wrong wing mount at the Jenquai Explorers too if i'm right.

greets

Hexergirl

I have defender wings on my JE, but there's one under each wing, with one on top. It is true, that the distance between the center of my ship, and each weapon under the wing is not equal, but that's better than having 2 under one wing and one under the other. So it's true that one JE mount is off, but it's not bad by comparison to the TT.

ScreenShot24.jpg

I have defender wings on my JE, but there's one under each wing, with one on top.  It is true, that the distance between the center of my ship, and each weapon under the wing is not equal, but that's better than having 2 under one wing and one under the other.  So it's true that one JE mount is off, but it's not bad by comparison to the TT.

ScreenShot24.jpg

yep, that was it what i had in mi:). ;)

After the stress with this content push we have hopefully a bit more time for such things.

greets

Hexergirl

I like the airplane wings on Terran ship hulls.

But there is a problem with the weapon mount points used on Trader hulls with two of the wing styles most like airplane wings. One weapon mount under the right wing, two under the left wing -- where does the last weapon mount go -- the nose. It would look better under the right wing.

Scouts using airplane wings get it done right i.e. two weapon mounts under each wing.

Need pictures of this gross ugliness that traders put up with to see what I mean?

Can weapon mount points used by traders get changed? :rolleyes:

This subject has been brought up several times since ST 1. I use the airplane type wing on all my terrans (TE, TT, TS). Only the Trader suffers from the weapon mount imbalance :) It's weapon slot one that is under the nose on the TT and weapon slot five that's under the nose on the TE.

Rule of thumb, three weapons should have one under each wing with the last under the nose, four weapons should have two under each wing, five weapons should have two under each wing then last one under the nose, six weapons should have two under each wing and two at the nose (one on each side of the fusalage).

While we realize it isn't a high priority, players take great pride in their ships to the point of spending tons of credits to alter appearance as their hulls progress and would really appreciate someone taking the time to fix this.

I know it's just eye candy, but so much effort has been put into the rest of the E&B universe as far as overall great appearance, effects, and sounds, this seems like an easy fix in comparison.

Edited by cpwings

• 3 months later...
i have a sujestion,i tried to get this done in live with no response lol. anyway the 4th missile mount on the ship in my oppion is in a goofy spot,could it be possable to move the 4th mount to say the middle bottom of the ship? anyway i know its kinda dum given everything you guys are workin on. just want my tt lookin even,if that makes sence lol. thanks guys :)

• 2 weeks later...