Agrippa 'go fishing' mission progress counter

Go Fishing! Kill 20 Ten-Gu Blight (should it not be 10 like Ten-Gu Skinner mission?) (and other similar) mission should be split to stages, because if you CTD say 19'th kill, you start all over again. cant call it fun.

karu,

It remains in this 20 requirement as it is:

1. repeatable (you can repeat the stage if needed)
2. can be done any time
3. gives an indication to the stability of the client and server. Also if code is developed to keep track of your kills before you disconnect, then this is the ideal mission to test this on.

Please note that kills in a group also count. Be advised that next copy over of content will also require the correct Collegia faction amount, this could be up to 8000 Collegia Faction for the Agrippa Technology line.

if it was split I may then change it to the following:

1. Talk to npc
2. "Kill 1 only"
3. "Kill 2 more"
4. "Kill 3 more"
5. "Kill 4 more"
6. "Kill 5 more"
7. "Kill 6 more"
8. "Kill 7 more"
9. "Kill 8 more"
10. "Kill 9 more, a total of 45"
11. Return to npc

Yes, a lot more than 20 but that NPC hates Ten-Gu Blights so I may go down this route instead. 45 Ten-Gu Blights should test the item(s) more than enough. May become an endangered species though.

The kill the 10 Woden is even more problematic as onl one of them spawns and has a fair gap between spawns. It can take hours to get 10 of them.

But the point is far, it is challenging and achievable. Just don't crash. :) Have a JE/JD arround to help.

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1301853293' post='38141']
But the point is far, it is challenging and achievable. Just don't crash. :) Have a JE/JD arround to help.[/quote]just dont crash... hehe right.

Unfortunately this isn't anything related to the Agrippa missions. Just the game mechanics in general. Crashing while doing terminal jobs (you lose jobs). Crashing while doing any mission that requires you to kill X amount resets the kill counter. Its just how the server operates when recording said data for that unfortunately.

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1301873389' post='38160']
Unfortunately this isn't anything related to the Agrippa missions. Just the game mechanics in general. Crashing while doing terminal jobs (you lose jobs). Crashing while doing any mission that requires you to kill X amount resets the kill counter. Its just how the server operates when recording said data for that unfortunately.
[/quote]thats why I suggested to split it to stages. Byakhee of-course only picked up side-remark about 10 kills (I just pointed out inconsistency with other same type mission) and missed the point entirely.

I guess I need to park my PW 20k from spawn and skill the fishes with other chars.

Mimir: Agrippa missions are big reason why I play progen or play at all really.

Normally you wouldnt have to but server acting like a punk lately so ya sorry for the issue. And I do have fun with the Agrippa stuff (post fixation of them) I think B did a bang up job at least with the spiderweb involvement of all the missions as well as the entire Progen Class. Initial get go needed some polish but I think we've got them working pretty square lately (for the most part as some just struggle with the guess work to get next steps etc.) As far as mission mechanics go though they work well.

Ok I'm going to change this mission for the test line, but this may have some local effect to players currently killing the mobs.

THere will be a rolling stage requirement to kill the creatures, this being:

1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. 25 in total.