A Financial report to all 11,656 Registered players

If you were to start with someone nowadays you'd probably want to find someone who does public relations and ask them if they could introduce you to the RP (responsible party) who could help you. Unfortunately, chances are that unless you've got millions sitting around, I don't think its going to happen Spotlore. :)

The problem isn't the unwillingness to sell E&B, its that E&B is closely tied behind the scenes with Command & Conquer. Something they [b]don't[/b] want to risk losing. Unless you could pay them enough for that to be worth their while, I wouldn't hold out hope for it.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1305587345' post='40796']
If you were to start with someone nowadays you'd probably want to find someone who does public relations and ask them if they could introduce you to the RP (responsible party) who could help you. Unfortunately, chances are that unless you've got millions sitting around, I don't think its going to happen Spotlore. :)

The problem isn't the unwillingness to sell E&B, its that E&B is closely tied behind the scenes with Command & Conquer. Something they [b]don't[/b] want to risk losing. Unless you could pay them enough for that to be worth their while, I wouldn't hold out hope for it.
[/quote]

probably not to be honest has anyone even heard anything from EA? i know SEGA contacted the dev on PV and told him if it looked to much like their game they would come after him. i played 4 years and it was the same game minus a few colour changes and information fixes that the community got involved in and fixed.

You can throw out the whole EA and unless you got money bs if noone has contacted EA noone knows their stance.

There has been previous contact with EA, and while it wasn't in the millions at that point, it was a clearly exorbitant sum. I don't have the exact number, it was done back when Ebportal.com was still up.

It's not BS, though it'd be nice if it were.

[quote name='Celticwarrior' timestamp='1305680758' post='40827']
probably not to be honest has anyone even heard anything from EA? i know SEGA contacted the dev on PV and told him if it looked to much like their game they would come after him. i played 4 years and it was the same game minus a few colour changes and information fixes that the community got involved in and fixed.

You can throw out the whole EA and unless you got money bs if noone has contacted EA noone knows their stance.
[/quote]

hence me saying that if noone has contacted EA that the rest was an assumption

if EA wants an exorbitant amount for the rights the copyright doesnt last forever so you could beat them to the punch and claim intellectual rights and claim earth and beyond when the copyright expires just an idea you can use sampling in music from other artists why not do the same with EnB i know Projectvisitor did the same why not hook up with The martian over there with an email and ask him how he beat SEGA

just an idea to help the game out with generating some sort of income

Copyright is incredibly long term in the United States...

[quote name='U.S. Patent & Trade Office']
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]© Anonymous Works, Pseudonymous Works, and Works Made for Hire. — In the case of an anonymous work, a pseudonymous work, or a work made for hire, the copyright endures for a term of 95 years from the year of its first publication, or a term of 120 years from the year of its creation, whichever expires first.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"][/quote][/size][/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]Made for hire is what is in effect legally in this case. If Sega had cause and this game was the same game they could sue The Martian's pants off. I doubt they thought he was much of a threat and therefore not worth the money to pursue, and I suspect that EA regards us the same way.[/size][/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][size="2"]If you want to read the whole thing you can find it [url="http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap3.html#302"][b]HERE[/b][/url][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...