Low Level TE mission from Seargeant Kagiso

been trying to do this mission... and it's stuck at a step. initially i had it to the point where you have assembled the weapon and equiped it. i could not get the mission to proceed beyond that point. so i tried forfeiting it and picking it up again... that didn't work either.... it's now stuck at a previous setp that has to do with constructing the launcher... even though i have them built...

any ideas? Edited by akira87429

the title i cannot recall verbatim it's the first mission chain from Sergeant Kagiso that teaches you to build weapons and teaches you the missle skill. i'm stuck on the 3rd step of that mission after i built the missle launchers and gained the skill to equip them. hope that helps. i believe the initial title is "Build Missile Weapons"

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301513704' post='37860']
I'll try a runthrough on it a bit later, in the meantime please make sure you open yourself a GM ticket at support.net-7.org
[/quote]

will do thank you. and i'll be sure to do that first in the future.

IIRC, isn't this the mission that tends to confuse everyone? (No it's not a Byakhee mission :D)
I think you have to bring back a store bought ML and a PM ML for it to advance. It's been a while since my TW did this one, but I do remember getting hung up on one part of it. Seems like something is out of sync in the progression sequence.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1301517171' post='37865']
IIRC, isn't this the mission that tends to confuse everyone? (No it's not a Byakhee mission :D)
I think you have to bring back a store bought ML and a PM ML for it to advance. It's been a while since my TW did this one, but I do remember getting hung up on one part of it. Seems like something is out of sync in the progression sequence.
[/quote]

see i could've sworn there was an "or" there... cause doing the first time of my trying to do this i came back with 2 PM goods annd if proceeded to the next step just fine, i think i may know what it was though, the second time i had them equipped where as the first time they were in my cargo hold. i'm going to try that again tonight and see how it goes.

If this is the mission, she wants you to obtain the blueprint for the Good ML type x1.

"*kzzz* No, you'll try it NOW soldier. *kzz* You should go learn to build the Good ML Type X1. You may not be able to use it yet, but you'll need it later."

Once you learn to build it, you should return to her with them and she should check to make sure its analyzed. That's the Build Missile Weapons quest. If its instead the Missile Weapon Techniques you must possess at least one Good ML Type X1 in your hold when you speak to her and she should then tell you to go to another location to fight.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301521897' post='37874']
If this is the mission, she wants you to obtain the blueprint for the Good ML type x1.

"*kzzz* No, you'll try it NOW soldier. *kzz* You should go learn to build the Good ML Type X1. You may not be able to use it yet, but you'll need it later."

Once you learn to build it, you should return to her with them and she should check to make sure its analyzed. That's the Build Missile Weapons quest. If its instead the Missile Weapon Techniques you must possess at least one Good ML Type X1 in your hold when you speak to her and she should then tell you to go to another location to fight.
[/quote]

ah ok. i'll be sure to consider this then, the items were equipped instead of in my hold which is probably why it didn't trigger. i'll keep this in mind for future missions :P thanks again.

My TE did these missions when ST4 began and they were quirky back then also. She gives both the "Missile Weapons" skill and the "Build Weapons Skill" IIRC. It seems the order in which they need to be done is confusing at best. From some of the posts here, some players had the Missile weapons skill 1st and were trying to get the build weapons skill which asks for the aforementioned ML to be anny'd. I would think the ability to use a weapon type shouldn't require being able to build it. It almost seems like the two talk trees get intertwined. I have seen players trying various things like moving the launchers around (moving to vault and back or different spots in hold) or back to station and back. Edited by cpwings

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1301580522' post='37944']
My TE did these missions when ST4 began and they were quirky back then also. She gives both the "Missile Weapons" skill and the "Build Weapons Skill" IIRC. It seems the order in which they need to be done is confusing at best. From some of the posts here, some players had the Missile weapons skill 1st and were trying to get the build weapons skill which asks for the aforementioned ML to be anny'd. I would think the ability to use a weapon type shouldn't require being able to build it. It almost seems like the two talk trees get intertwined. I have seen players trying various things like moving the launchers around (moving to vault and back or different spots in hold) or back to station and back.
[/quote]

my issue was that i didn't have the item in my hold. and after the "Missile Weapons" mission, your tasked to go kill 5 sculpon drones. i got stuck there cause i killed 5 but the mission still didn't not trigger for the next step. so i just kept on killing sculpon drones until it did.

OH yeah, if that's what it was, the closest nav has to be the shipyard/station thing where you're sent, if you go physically closer to another nav they don't count. ;)

I am stuck on this also. I did the build skill part (it was the only option I was given,)and was told to come back with 2 ML in my hold and it wont trigger. They are both player made. I would really like to progress and get the missile tech skill.

[quote name='Delasoul' timestamp='1301954648' post='38222']
I am stuck on this also. I did the build skill part (it was the only option I was given,)and was told to come back with 2 ML in my hold and it wont trigger. They are both player made. I would really like to progress and get the missile tech skill.
[/quote]

sometimes it's a bit trickey. i had to take mine, put them in hold, warp back to luna station and dock then undock for the next step in the mission to catch.

• 2 months later...
I am stuck here as well. Mission no longer in mission list. I have returned with 2 looted and 2 player made ML's in cargo hold. Have tried docking then undocking and swapping ML's between vault and cargo hold. Any more ideas?

[b]Resolved[/b]

I moved on to do the mission to acquire the hacking skill. Completed hacking skill mission. Then stopped by Kagiso again and message popped up at top of screen. Triggered the missile skill mission. Docked then unloaded ML's from cargo to vault. Undocked and then docked. Loaded ML's from vault to cargo and that triggered next step in mission.

Hope this helps. Edited by Romeodaz

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Romeodaz' timestamp='1309411811' post='42788']
I am stuck here as well. Mission no longer in mission list. I have returned with 2 looted and 2 player made ML's in cargo hold. Have tried docking then undocking and swapping ML's between vault and cargo hold. Any more ideas?

[b]Resolved[/b]

I moved on to do the mission to acquire the hacking skill. Completed hacking skill mission. Then stopped by Kagiso again and message popped up at top of screen. Triggered the missile skill mission. Docked then unloaded ML's from cargo to vault. Undocked and then docked. Loaded ML's from vault to cargo and that triggered next step in mission.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

It works. A friend of mine had to do that. Take out of cargo hold, put in vault then put back in cargo hold. Go see the ship and get your missile skill.