Market Place

This is the best idea yet... For those of you how ever played "WOW" there was a market on it where you could post items for sale or go to too look for a item. It would be a very handy thing to have here in this game. This would go along with my other suggestion about the mailbox by sending it to you, or you could eliminate the mail box and make it go strait into your vault..

I think this would help make an economy in the game and make the credits worth more then they are.

Credits are to easy to come buy and nothing cost anything in the game so they have no real value!

The idea of an auction house has been suggested around 24 billion times. Not likely in the near future. (So has the mailbox for that matter :) )

The best solution I've seen to this so far is to place pawnbrokers at some station or stations that buy looted and player made equipment to a slightly higher price than normal vendors and resells them for a slightly lower price than normal vendors. This would require a different inventory management system for the pawnbrokers on the server end, but it should be possible to use the existing vendor interface client-side. The downside of this kind of system is that it would not be possible for the players to influence the price. Perhaps a simple supply and demand system could be coded into the pricing where the pawnbrokers pay less and sells for less if they have many items in stock, but that would be as far as it could go unless you could transfer the credits directly to the player who sold an item to the pawnbroker when you buy something.

Personally I don't feel the need for a completely player controlled marketplaces are necessary. If I get something rare I have no use for myself, I'll just sell it directly to a player instead.

A mail system would be more difficult to implement since there's no support for it in the client, but perhaps some existing system in the client could be made to work for that too.

Don't let Kyp's wording give you any hope OP, it basically translates to; ''auction houses are for fat WOW kiddies''. :lol:

One of the main reasons why no AH in ENB is that it is just lazy and devalues the whole building process. Believe it or not a lot of people like building in person for others. And a lot of people like a personal builder building for them. Trade relations/friends are created. I'm sure a lot of old players here met some friends through building. Take away so much of the human aspect and you might as well remove building and make 200% equipment buyable from vendors.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1301603822' post='37980']
Don't let Kyp's wording give you any hope OP, it basically translates to; ''auction houses are for fat WOW kiddies''. :lol:

One of the main reasons why no AH in ENB is that it is just lazy and devalues the whole building process. Believe it or not a lot of people like building in person for others. And a lot of people like a personal builder building for them. Trade relations/friends are created. I'm sure a lot of old players here met some friends through building. Take away so much of the human aspect and you might as well remove building and make 200% equipment buyable from vendors.
[/quote]

OMG, I . . . [size="1"]<has heart attack and drops dead from agreeing with Tyran>[/size]. :)

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1301603822' post='37980']

[/quote]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Not really, we've tossed it around internally, but seriously though, its one of those things thats simply not necessary at this point in time. 10,000 players roll on in and we'll start thinkin' about it more seriously. [/size][/font]
  • Upvote 1