Can't get on anymore...

So, got a little busy with life and what not and haven't been able play the game for the past two days. Just tried to log in now and I can't get on at all. Soon as I hit enter to confirm my log in, the client just closes completely. The client closing isn't new, it would happen to me from time to time they very first time I tried to log in to play for a particular day but when I launched it again it would work fine.

Now, I've tried 3 or 4 times and same thing happens, just keeps closing soon as I hit enter to validate my login info. Is E&B mad at me b/c I didn't play it for a few days? :huh:

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/[/url]

This has the most common answers to that prob. :huh:

Greetings

Today I started EnB and it patched, after this I log in all is ok. Except the client crashed and the Proxy window is still open with the Msg" TCP Listening Thread Exiting". The gameruns for about a minute or two, not sure on the amount of time.

Thanks
Thomas

I have 2 accounts and 2 computers , 1 Account is fine , but the other Account keeps crashing on both computers,dosent matter what Toon I login , this just started happening yesterday sometimes I get in from 5-20 sec then Crash .. I have a Ticket in , Any ideas ?

i did a dnsflush per another topic just to see what would happen, and server changed from OFFLINE to STARTING. net-7 welcome page shows 8/500 so just for giggles i tried to login. proxy gave me an odd error:

Incompatible version of Net7Proxy.
You need to upgrade to version 2.04
Make sure you are using the latest LanuchNet7,
It should auto-patch the Net7Proxy to the latest version.
29/03/11 18:40:49 login failed - server not found.

[quote name='benjiroo' timestamp='1301438712' post='37705']
i did a dnsflush per another topic just to see what would happen, and server changed from OFFLINE to STARTING. net-7 welcome page shows 8/500 so just for giggles i tried to login. proxy gave me an odd error:

Incompatible version of Net7Proxy.
You need to upgrade to version 2.04
Make sure you are using the latest LanuchNet7,
It should auto-patch the Net7Proxy to the latest version.
29/03/11 18:40:49 login failed - server not found.
[/quote]
Updating will fix this.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301440431' post='37717']
Updating will fix this.
[/quote]

i was thinking it ought to, but i'm getting an error doing this now too :) i started a separate topic because i didn't think it actually applied to this issue. i reset the updates in launcher and let it update and i got an error message. i click continue but i guess that doesn't solve the problem, since the proxy still doesn't update.

[quote name='benjiroo' timestamp='1301440756' post='37720']
i was thinking it ought to, but i'm getting an error doing this now too :) i started a separate topic because i didn't think it actually applied to this issue. i reset the updates in launcher and let it update and i got an error message. i click continue but i guess that doesn't solve the problem, since the proxy still doesn't update.
[/quote]

finally fixed it, reinstalled the launcher, reset updates, auto updated, auto restarted, launch!

lonewolffe, corp mayhem

[quote name='benjiroo' timestamp='1301442768' post='37737']
finally fixed it, reinstalled the launcher, reset updates, auto updated, auto restarted, launch!

lonewolffe, corp mayhem
[/quote]

I had the same issue today, and did the same things. Infact I reinstalled Net7 several times, but still get the same "not 2.04" version error, so I'm stumped.

[quote name='Floater' timestamp='1301466019' post='37787']
I had the same issue today, and did the same things. Infact I reinstalled Net7 several times, but still get the same "not 2.04" version error, so I'm stumped.
[/quote]

Go into your Net7\bin folder whereever you installed it, delete the Net7Proxy.exe and force another update,. this should force it to be replaced with the current version.

[quote name='Floater' timestamp='1301466019' post='37787']
[/quote]

Yes, I'm having the same problem, install launching several times but it always wants to update to version 317 for the launcher and 69 for the client.
Tried deleting net7proxy but it always updates to 2.03. even tried changing file version to get it to update to the lastest version but always reverts but to 317 and 69.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301498524' post='37826']
Go into your Net7\bin folder whereever you installed it, delete the Net7Proxy.exe and force another update,. this should force it to be replaced with the current version.
[/quote]

Thanks, tried this, but sadly no luck. The problem is identical to that of SpacePW Edited by Floater

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301513571' post='37859']
In that case, here ya go:

[attachment=839:proxy.zip]
[/quote]

FYI, this AM I was able to apply the latest patch updates (from 319 to 320 on one machine and 317 to 320 on the other) and both comps were able to log in and, more importantly, stay in.

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1301514634' post='37862']
FYI, this AM I was able to apply the latest patch updates (from 319 to 320 on one machine and 317 to 320 on the other) and both comps were able to log in and, more importantly, stay in.
[/quote]

That did the trick. Thanks a ton! It'll be interesting to see if its still good after the next update.

I'm up to version 320 but still won't let me past login info screen. After I first patched i was able to log in once, every subsequent attempt since then, same thing as before, I enter my login info, hit accept and entire client closes to desktop. Not giving me errors, no messages in the proxy, just shuts down every time, no idea why it's doing this now.

[quote name='DiabloMuerto' timestamp='1301563651' post='37924']
I'm up to version 320 but still won't let me past login info screen. After I first patched i was able to log in once, every subsequent attempt since then, same thing as before, I enter my login info, hit accept and entire client closes to desktop. Not giving me errors, no messages in the proxy, just shuts down every time, no idea why it's doing this now.
[/quote]
Try everything here:
https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

(especially Force Update)

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301563850' post='37926']
Try everything here:
https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

(especially Force Update)
[/quote]

I'm getting a new one now: "cannot update. downloaded file is invalid"

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301605394' post='37987']
Delete the file it identifies and run another download, that should replace it with a valid one. That message means one of the files has a bad hash.
[/quote]

The file it identifies is LaunchNet7.exe.tmp. Deleting it doesn't seem to help.

I've tried another new install of Net7, using the proxy posted in this thread, and then deleting that file, but no luck thus far. Thanks for having beared with me on this.

Between attempts, is there something else I should be doing to uninstall Net7 besides running the uninstall file in the E&B folder and then deleting the Net7 folder? I've wondered if this is complicating things.

EDIT: The game actually launches despite all this. I'll be quiet now Edited by Floater

No no, we want to know about it, that's the only way we can fix it after all. ;)

It sounds like you don't have write permissions to the directory though, If i'm not mistaken the patch system pulls it down as a .tmp and renames it by removing the .tmp to overwrite. Of course David wrote the patching system long ago so I'll have to check that with him.