Free Warping

I think it would be nice if we could turn wile in free warp mode. I don’t know how easy it would be to add it, but I was playing yesterday and thought “it would be nice if I could turn instead of stopping just to turn” I mean it wouldn't make it to easy since you have a reactor drain anyway and you can’t just warp all over the place. I don’t know, just a thought! Let me know what you think…

Bonez

+1 for this idea :)

one curiosity,
in stargate and in other fictions, you always had to pinpoint the coordinates while warping, even if you decided to stop warp one the way. free warp, AFAIK, was not possible.

in enb we can free warp, so if we can free warp, why not change directions while warping?

further suggestion:
- make turn rate/maneuverability very very very slow while free warping (like 1/4 or 1/5 of regular maneuv)
- impose limits on maneuv while free warping (minimum 25, maximum 75? maybe a fixed value?).
- do not allow direction changing while doing regular warp

Actually this might be possible because I've done it - but one of the devs will prob know this better.

In the single player version of Net7 from like 3 years ago or so, you were able to freewarp and change direction at will.

It was mainly during some lag-like anomaly. While warping between navs you could steer your ship ofcourse at all times. But when you would reach the next navpoint naturally, you were rubberbanded to it. Sometimes though, there would be a huge lagspike-like event that could last for many minutes. During that time you could freewarp the entire map - freely.

Very cool experience, perhaps too cool. Maybe something to tie in with the 'Navigate skill'. Or even make an item that lets you do this?