New Play Server

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301275679' post='37460']
The DNS is messed up. The problem seems to be that it's resolving the subdomains from public DNS servers instead of looking up net-7.org and asking it about its subdomains. Use 87.106.131.253 directly and you should be able to get in.

That's a launcher bug. Delete the folder "LaunchNet7" from "%APPDATA%\..\Local" and it should clear up.
[/quote]

oh i love that thank you very much

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1301276369' post='37469']
it would do but I have no folder called LaunchNet7 there...

Sigh.
i'll just suffer the list - at least the game runs
[/quote]

This is the directory for win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\"Insert User Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\LaunchNet7

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1301279019' post='37475']
This is the directory for win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\"Insert User Name"\Local Settings\Application Data\LaunchNet7
[/quote]
True, but for some reason LaunchNet7 likes to put its files in the "All Users" folder, so use that for the User Name.

i typed in sunrise.net-7.org and i used the 87.106.131.253 when i got to try to launch it comes up with an error message this is what i get Error on checking server status. Details:Value cannot be null. Parammeter name: address am i doing something wrong

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1301276369' post='37469']
it would do but I have no folder called LaunchNet7 there...

Sigh.
i'll just suffer the list - at least the game runs
[/quote]

Since I currently have two of my toons in Agrippa hell - the thought that you are having problems brings a smile to my face. :huh:

[quote name='Lannister' timestamp='1301308096' post='37507']
Since I currently have two of my toons in Agrippa hell - the thought that you are having problems brings a smile to my face. :huh:
[/quote]

Hahahahaha I am now wiping the soda spray off my laptop! Edited by Redd

[quote name='falcon74' timestamp='1301289658' post='37492']
i typed in sunrise.net-7.org and i used the 87.106.131.253 when i got to try to launch it comes up with an error message this is what i get Error on checking server status. Details:Value cannot be null. Parammeter name: address am i doing something wrong
[/quote]
I'm not sure quite what you mean. What exactly is the address you're using? A screenshot might help me understand the whole situation better.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301322252' post='37520']
I'm not sure quite what you mean. What exactly is the address you're using? A screenshot might help me understand the whole situation better.
[/quote]

i got it by uninstalling the launcher and installing it again but i can keep this 87.106.131.253 in the launcher it keeps going back to the old one every time i use the launcher

[quote name='gostrider' timestamp='1301359169' post='37565']
I'm crashing anywhere from the loading screen to making it into the station and starting to move....
[/quote]

Same here. crash at proxy, crash at loading screen, crash at char select, crash at galaxy map

When I get in the game I don't touch anything, takes a few seconds and crash

no clue

Tien said its cause we have aggressive routers or firewalls the new server has random port etc and most of us have smart firewalls and basically disallowing communication to server.he is gonna add a static port for us.

as of 20:10 Eastern time (USA) all of my characters on all of my accounts are crashing.

Most typically, they get past the galaxy map and dock into the station ("Shields installed, reactor installed"...) and exit to desktop as soon as the docking animation completes (I think one one attempt I actually transported into the station and persisted for a split second...

Looks like another Netflix night :)

i didnt change anything when i logged on yday (as if i never read any of these posts)...the launchers says play.net7 and i didnt have any problems... sure i crashed more often than i used to but hey its the same code aint it?

the server booted me 4 times and my own comp hanged on me once. other than that i wish to report lag more than anything else. atleast a second. the birdies in antares try to go behind me and my wingmen all the time and as i usually follow them i turn atleast with a 1 sec. delay. although the toon i played is progen he flings her ammo from behind like the terrans do!!

after i got back on the last time i got booted i got one full explore level doing combat without a break!!

UmaXX