New Play Server

Hey Everyone,

We have set up our new play server and it is all ready. We are currently shutting down the play server in order to copy all of the new data to the new server. The new server will be located at sunrise.net-7.org. I will update this post with more information.

Thank you,

Net7 Dev Team

[quote name='David' timestamp='1301255326' post='37372']
Hey Everyone,

We have set up our new play server and it is all ready. We are currently shutting down the play server in order to copy all of the new data to the new server. The new server will be located at sunrise.net-7.org. I will update this post with more information.

Thank you,

Net7 Dev Team
[/quote]

Working on it now. The timer says there's still roughly 18 minutes on your data being restored to the new machine. Alas, barring any failure it should take about 10 minutes after to restart the game.

[quote name='David' timestamp='1301255326' post='37372']
Hey Everyone,

Thank you,

Net7 Dev Team
[/quote]

Will we have to change what the launcher says in the host section, or does that happen automatically?

Try this:

First open a command prompt:

Start > Run, type "cmd" with no quotes and click ok, then in the lil black box type "ipconfig /flushdns" reboot and try it again on both sunrise.net-7.org and then play.net-7.org

This should clear your dns and allow it to recache the info with the new locations.

It's working for many i'm in-game now chatting with them.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1301255697' post='37373']
Is the reason for it to move to a faster and more stable server?

Would be cool to see the new server hardware spec's.
[/quote]

The reason is twofold:

1) our contract on the old machines was up, so the price would have gone up considerably.
2) The equipment is better, faster, and newer. (All of which is mostly because of new equip.)

Play and Dev specs:
[color="#0A328C"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]CPUPhenom X6 Hexa-Core[/font][/color]
[color="#0A328C"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]Clock Rate6 x 2.8 GHz[/font][/color]
[color="#0A328C"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]RAM16 GB[/font][/color]
[color="#0A328C"][font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]Storage1500 GB[/font][/color]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]Previously: [/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]
[/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]we had 2 more cores, but they were considerably slower (old tech). So this is an upgrade, despite being two less cores (which we weren't quite using fully anyway)[/font]
[/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]We also were able to get a third web server, and create redundancy so in the event we lose one again, all our sites won't be down and we can communicate with everyone (barring a failure of all 3 at once.. which would be nearly impossible, short of planetwide catastrophe)[/font]
[/font]
[font="arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif"]Hope that helps to explain the whys.[/font]

[quote name='Scyris' timestamp='1301266337' post='37423']
Nice a new server, mine still points to play.xx.xxx though and not sunrise. Anyway to manually change this?
[/quote]

You are saying you tried to overtype the field and it wouldn't let you?

I feel like the "special" person here, but I still can't get this to work. I typed in "sunrise.net-7.org" and it comes up with online-0, play.net-7.org just says offline. I've flushed the dns and rebooted multiple times, but I still come up with "Online -0 " and if I hit play it will load up until the Username/Password screen, but errors for invalid password every time. Also after a couple of the reboots I am getting "updates" to the game and launcher. Anyone know the secret fix, I really am at a loss.

Thank you for any and all help,
Bar...

pinging sunrise.net-7.org lists an IP of: 87.106.15.95
displaying DNS shows sunrise.net-7.org, patch.net-7.org and www.net-7.org all with the same 87.106.15.95 if that helps anything. lol Edited by Barghest

[quote name='Barghest' timestamp='1301273737' post='37448']
I feel like the "special" person here, but I still can't get this to work. I typed in "sunrise.net-7.org" and it comes up with online-0, play.net-7.org just says offline. I've flushed the dns and rebooted multiple times, but I still come up with "Online -0 " and if I hit play it will load up until the Username/Password screen, but errors for invalid password every time. Also after a couple of the reboots I am getting "updates" to the game and launcher. Anyone know the secret fix, I really am at a loss.

Thank you for any and all help,
Bar...

pinging sunrise.net-7.org lists an IP of: 87.106.15.95
displaying DNS shows sunrise.net-7.org, patch.net-7.org and www.net-7.org all with the same 87.106.15.95 if that helps anything. lol
[/quote]
The DNS is messed up. The problem seems to be that it's resolving the subdomains from public DNS servers instead of looking up net-7.org and asking it about its subdomains. Use 87.106.131.253 directly and you should be able to get in.

[quote name='Byakhee' timestamp='1301275088' post='37456']
I've got a list of 12 servers including all 3 of the old ones 4 times...
Its probably my own fault on reintalling certificates.
[/quote]
That's a launcher bug. Delete the folder "LaunchNet7" from "%APPDATA%\..\Local" and it should clear up.