Login requiring shields, reactor install?

Redd

Is there a way to change this? Upon any login/crashing outside/inside a station. Your reactor, engine and shields are reinstalled. Inside a station is fine. But say your in the middle of a Fishbowl, and CTD, to come back in you die because while your loading on your end, on the server (MOB) end they see you pants down and aim for penetration! So by time you load your dead (since you came in with no shields, no reactor juice etc.

Rather annoying especially with all the CTDs etc still occuring, is there any way to get this so your shields and stuff dont require reinstallation with every login?

Eventually yes, I believe it was a hack meant to force an exploit into submission whereas people had learned a way to make themselves invincible. I will have it checked out.

I may be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it like that in live? I seem to recall waiting after logging on in space for them to load before being able to do anything.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301246320' post='37319']
Eventually yes, I believe it was a hack meant to force an exploit into submission whereas people had learned a way to make themselves invincible. I will have it checked out.
[/quote]
This should maybe be extended to buffs/skills as well. Not sure how, but I have logged in cloaked on my Jenquai toons a couple of times, and it was a real cloak status, not just a fake icon for cloak as used to happen with non-jenquai toons.

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1301246816' post='37321']
I may be remembering it wrong, but wasn't it like that in live? I seem to recall waiting after logging on in space for them to load before being able to do anything.
[/quote]

No, because I would of quit long time before sunrise then. Especially due to high server lag etc if doing a large raid, and I would crash all the time to come back dead? What would be the point of playing. No that's not what happened, the server saved where you were, what state your equipment was in etc. So if I was getting attacked, crashed on my end at 75% shields, I would come back with a little less since the server was still trying to reconnect me and character was online (say 50% now). Sign back in less shields sure because Mobs were still pounding me in the server sense. But it certainly wouldn't reset it back to 0! Hell there's been times this has caused (while in station) my character to die so to speak, at login it shows me paying a Tow fee and I have XP debt (not frequent but once and awhile). Yet for 24-48hrs I was docked in a station the entire time.

Ya that's a problem if you ask me and hopefully get's remedied because combined with server instability that we experience in the ST, its glutton for punishment :/

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1301337223' post='37535']
In live when you logged on you still had any remaining buffs or shield/hull/equipment & damage/reactor depletion from when you logged off - right?
[/quote]

Yes, at least some of them did, but until we're finished with the entirety of the new save system, its probably better that we don't allow it if you want a less laggy play experience.

I guess we could change it so the installation time on relog only is zero.

I think the reason we got this in here is because of both what Kyp was saying about the hack, and also just to ensure all the internal settings are reset correctly - the same code is used to set up all the stats from your equipment when you log in as is used to determine the new stats when you plug something new in. That code expects an installation time, so that's what happens.

You're not talking about the voice that says 'reactor installed' 'shields installed' ? This doesn't actually affect anything, it's just cosmetic.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1301356864' post='37556']
I guess we could change it so the installation time on relog only is zero.

I think the reason we got this in here is because of both what Kyp was saying about the hack, and also just to ensure all the internal settings are reset correctly - the same code is used to set up all the stats from your equipment when you log in as is used to determine the new stats when you plug something new in. That code expects an installation time, so that's what happens.

You're not talking about the voice that says 'reactor installed' 'shields installed' ? This doesn't actually affect anything, it's just cosmetic.
[/quote]

hello all,

in this context i would like to bring it to the notice of the devs that once when i got killed in one of my lowbie toons sometime ago, my system crashed all by itself (still think my comp crashed and not the server)due to some program that was running in the bground. i restarted my system and went into game as usual and my toon was alive (killed right before the system crashed) and with full hull and some shields. and my xp debt had also aged (i shouldnt have taken more than 5 to 10 mins to get back online). i remember the xp debt was somewhere like 3000ish and when i got back in the debt was only like 50ish. i did report this to some GM while ingame.

just thought i would mention this now in the forums!!

cheers yall
UmaXX