Loot Table

Bidoc

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1301237728' post='37306']
Perhaps, then, an MMORPG really isn't the right game? I mean, seriously, with that type of stance what is the point of playing a game with other people?
[/quote]

Perhaps for the companionship or to share the experience of hunting some very tough mobs, or even to ask for and recieve some help in a difficult situation.

Please refrain from trying to paint me as a social misfit, just because I might ocassionally enjoy doing something on my own.

[quote name='Bidoc' timestamp='1301239244' post='37311']
Perhaps for the companionship or to share the experience of hunting some very tough mobs, or even to ask for and recieve some help in a difficult situation.

Please refrain from trying to paint me as a social misfit, just because I might ocassionally enjoy doing something on my own.
[/quote]

In what way did I attempt to portray you as anything? I only know you by what you write and you wrote "Still, I for one could be completely happy to never buy or ask another player for anything." and I asked then why play an MMORPG? I didn't call you any names, imply anything about your psyche, merely asked a question about why someone that has explicitly stated they'd be happy to NEVER ask another player for anything would want to play a game with other players. Not sure what nerve that struck to prompt a claim that I was attacking you - by asking a simple question.

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1301237288' post='37305']
If what you want is an encyclopedia and atlas listing every drop, provided by the Net-7 staff, they've already said you aren't going to get it. I happen to be in agreement with that stance. While I don't have any hard data to point to, my gut feeling is that more *active* players agree with that stance than disagree.
[/quote]

I have said before, those that don't want the information don't have to use it. I can only wonder at the motivation behind keeping it from those of who do want it. Perhaps, as Kyp has suggested the information could be held for ransom and the older players, with more knowledge of the EnB universe, could demand payment for it.
Is this the direction you want the game to go?

I have also seen many of the dissenters saying, "The devs say no, so that's it." Thats not an argument, that's an endorsement. I have explained why I want the information publicized. How about expressing a reason for your stance?

[quote name='Jarod' timestamp='1301240359' post='37312']
In what way did I attempt to portray you as anything? I only know you by what you write and you wrote "Still, I for one could be completely happy to never buy or ask another player for anything." and I asked then why play an MMORPG? I didn't call you any names, imply anything about your psyche, merely asked a question about why someone that has explicitly stated they'd be happy to NEVER ask another player for anything would want to play a game with other players. Not sure what nerve that struck to prompt a claim that I was attacking you - by asking a simple question.
[/quote]

Your post along with several other's were beginning to build a theme. But, you're right, your's was a civil suggestion. Perhaps I chose the wrong place to interject.

Still my point above is valid. Rather than suggesting I may be playing the wrong kind of game, why not stick to the topic of discussion and express a reason for your objection to the release of the loot tables? That is, if you do object.

[quote name='Bidoc' timestamp='1301240481' post='37313']
I have said before, those that don't want the information don't have to use it. I can only wonder at the motivation behind keeping it from those of who do want it. Perhaps, as Kyp has suggested the information could be held for ransom and the older players, with more knowledge of the EnB universe, could demand payment for it.
Is this the direction you want the game to go?

I have also seen many of the dissenters saying, "The devs say no, so that's it." Thats not an argument, that's an endorsement. I have explained why I want the information publicized. How about expressing a reason for your stance?
[/quote]

Contrary to what your friend posted, I don't mean to say you are antisocial, but you [b]are[/b] nonetheless playing a social game. If you want to find it, find it. If you want us to tell you, don't hold your breath. By no means was my "bribe" suggestion meant to be the only solution, it was merely jest in part of what I said earlier to be honest. It would be an RP way to do it, but hey, even if the [i]older players[/i] are the only ones who know now, there's nothing stopping you from learning, no matter your argument, the only thing stopping you from making a database is collecting, and building this database that you want. Or in more direct terms, you lack the motivation. (Take whichever you prefer)

Now as your friend indicated, you're in a guild, therefore why not ask for all knowledge they have, compile it into a database and start from there?

We don't want to show it because more people prefer it the way it is, including us. This is how the game was meant to be played and how it will be played. *shrug*

Also as a sidenote, someone said they knew an item wasn't dropping, if the item shows up as "has hidden drops" that means it is attached to a mob, not necessarily that that mob is in an accessible area for you, yet. A good example might be Dark Matter imbued items, those aren't meant to show up until Ardus is revealed and so they won't once we go to the "live" state even if they are available right now from a mob. (I'd have to check)

----

[quote name='Fuulish' timestamp='1301234847' post='37300']
@Kyp/CDel/Bidoc

A compromise then? Since the Net7 db already shows information you're okay with, and hides the "fun" aspect of the information, would you be willing to do a static extract/dump of that view for folks that are interested in building their own player contributed wiki/database? This static dump need not be updated ever, it's simply a set of seed data. If no, that's fine, just thought I'd toss that idea out there.
[/quote]

Sure, I believe I said earlier that I'd pull a snapshot of all the items but wipe out the locations where they can be found. That should be up to you guys to collect, not have handed to you.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301246041' post='37318']
Sure, I believe I said earlier that I'd pull a snapshot of all the items but wipe out the locations where they can be found. That should be up to you guys to collect, not have handed to you.
[/quote]

Great!

That is a starting point, tho quite a bit less than I had hoped for.

With my limited motivation, I can begin an open database to which players may add information as it is aquired.

Here you go, a static list of all the items currently in-game in the play database sans locations/mobs and the like.

Note that this is nothing you couldn't have already obtained by searching the portal database provided by Slayerman, albeit not all at once in a spreadsheet.

[attachment=832:item_base.xlsx]
  • Upvote 1

Actually, the reason I've been trying to just level as quick as possible is not because of drop rate or such (getting stuff crafted at 200% is really not a problem currently). It's because there's almost no one to group with to enjoy the lower levels, and I've got a feeling it'll be easier once I'm higher.

I don't give a rats ass about a dev database, nor do I think new players care about it. Arsenal is all I ever needed. If that won't help you, you can always ask in game chat.

This looks more like an old player argument. Edited by Amythiel

Ok folks, the new database is online. It's not pretty yet, but it is functional.
Anyone can search for drop locatons.
You'll have to sign up for an account to add drop locations.

[url="http://enb.drpzone.com"][color="#FF0000"]drpzone.com[/color][/url]