Equipment Ideas for other new classes

During the December content patch, the TS got a special weapon to play with (L9 Ballistic Sniper ML) which has special conditions that must be met before it can be used to full effect.

I'd like to propose similar equipment for the other new classes (JT and PP)

For the JT:

[b]Psionic Dominator (L9 Device, JT only)[/b]
- From Sundari. Effective against organic monsters, it reads the targeted monster's psionic field and upon activation, it can override a monster's hostility for a short time, causing the monster to fight against its own kind. [b]WARNING:[/b] Monsters recovering from the effects of this device might attack the user with exceptional rage and hostility.

- Reuse timer: 2 minutes.

The functionality is somewhat analogous to a charm effect - the MOB will not necessarily be controlled by the player, but will instead patrol near the player and aggro against any MOBs of its own kind, or against any MOB that aggros the player

The success of the psionic domination roll will depend upon the relative levels of the MOB vs the player using the device, as well as psionic resists/buffs that are in effect. Typically, the effect on a MOB of the same level and resists as a player should not last more than a few minutes.

Named Bosses would probably be immune to the effects of the device, and normal MOBs may develop immunity with repeated uses of the device.

----------------------------------------

[b]Vita Theodora's Sacrifice (L9 shield, PP only)[/b]

- From Agrippa. This shield is specially built with a reactor shunt transducer, which in an emergency, can be exposed to restore the shields and reactors of all players in a 7km radius to full capacity, at the expense of depleting all reactor and shield energy of the user. [b]WARNING:[/b] Use of the transducer will probably attract a harsh response from attacking monsters.

- Reuse timer: 5 minutes.

Interesting thoughts but the JS (Jenquai Seeker) proper name :) Cannot equip L9 Devices only L8 :( They got L9 engines (which is pointless since the Prismatic Dragon Wing is Trader and Terran restricted so they cannot use it (and no sense in a Viper/Io/Triffid, least imo I still use the L8 Unabating Fire on him. I know there is a L9 Ursa (but its buffs meh dont warrant the use for the skills of a JS) and its very limited production (from builder rarely on).

I like the idea of the device for the JT, even if it has to be a L8 device instead of a L9. I also agree that there is no L9 engine for a JT that's a better overall choice than the L8 Reinforced Solar Sail. Maybe the Devs will invent a few, as I really don't see a point in raising my JT's engine tech to L9, she's perfectly happy using L8 engines, and patiently awaits the storyline to include the SS8.

To be honest I think she's going to find the L9 Chim, Coma, and Manticore far more useful than any L9 engine that's in game. Even the Intent of the Resolute isn't better on a JT, than the SS8. The better buffs on the SS8 more than make up for being a little slower, in my opinion. Here's the stats on the 2 engines.

Intent Of The Resolute
L9 Engine
Warp: 4250
Warp Drain: 24.40 (15.86)
Thrust: 187 (251.9825)
Signature: 0

Buffs:

Increase Maneuverability (Equip) Increases turn rate by 56.00% when equipped.
Recharge Shields (Equip) +49.60% Shield Recharge when equipped.
Shunt to Reactor (Equip) +20.30 Reactor Recharge and -26.00 Shield Recharge when equipped.

Reinforced Solar Sail
L8 Engine
Warp: 4000
Warp Drain: 18.70 (12.155)
Thrust: 172 (231.77)

Buffs:
Increase Maneuverability (Equip) Increases turn rate by 54.00% when equipped.
Reactor Renewal (Equip) +5.20% Reactor Recharge when equipped.
Device Energy Conservation (Equip) Reduces Device Energy Cost by 39.00% when equipped.
Shield Renewal (Equip) Adds 21.60 shield regeneration rate when equipped.

For a Jenquai Shunt to reactor is almost a debuff. Our Reactors are great, while our shields aren't. Also considering that the Shield Renewal stacks with Shield Recharge, while the Reactor Renewal stacks with Recharge Reactor, which of these 2 engines would you use with this shield?

Sharim Prototype Shield
L8 Shield
Jenquai Only
Trader Only
Cap: 44904
Recharge: 327.00 (441.45)

Buffs:
Improved Psionic Shield (Equip) Increases Psionic Shield Damage absorption by 7,500.00 to 10,500.00, depending on ability used and increases duration of shield by 120.00 seconds when equipped.
Increase Reactor Capacity (Equip) +726.00 Reactor Capacity when equipped.
Recharge Shields Skill (Equip) Increases Recharge Shields Effectiveness by 3.00 Skill Level(s) when equipped.
Recharge Reactor (Equip)

Even with the JT no longer having Psionic Shield, this shield would work VERY well, with an SS8, and a Cygnus 9 reactor. The 0 signature is a big deal for a Jenquai, regardless of whether it's an Explorer, Defender, or Seeker, since the Trifid engine actually adds more sig than it's sig reduction buff takes away on a Jenquai. Terrans actually get more sig reduction benefits from a Mercurius, Halley, or Trifid engine due to them having a larger base racial signature.

[quote name='-Seeker-' timestamp='1300076515' post='36502']

- From Agrippa. This shield is specially built with a reactor shunt transducer, which in an emergency, can be exposed to restore the shields and reactors of all players in a 7km radius to full capacity, at the expense of depleting all reactor and shield energy of the user. [b]WARNING:[/b] Use of the transducer will probably attract a harsh response from attacking monsters.

[/quote]
Self-sacrifice SD for PP, love it.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1300132433' post='36545']
Self-sacrifice SD for PP, love it.
[/quote]

Also gives the PT reason to have a JE sitting behind him with a Reactor Transfer device.

[/quote]

a ) I would use that device so mobs become untargetable by other players - amusement ensues. Unless ofcourse those mobs are targetable while charmed in which case you would attack those mobs just to anger their master :rolleyes:

b ) Not a balanced shield without it having some major disadvantages. Main problem is that the disadvantage is countered by having another PP with the same shield heal you back up. So a raid can consist only of PP's pulling this off...

[quote name='Terrell']For a Jenquai Shunt to reactor is almost a debuff. Our Reactors are great, while our shields aren't. Also considering that the Shield Renewal stacks with Shield Recharge, while the Reactor Renewal stacks with Recharge Reactor, which of these 2 engines would you use with this shield?[/quote]
Not too keen on shield recharge buffs on a trader profession - recharge shields skill kinda takes care of that no?

And reactor renewal is horribly outclasses by shunt to reactor...

But the advantage is minimal because as you say the JT has no energy issues.

Prob only measurable advantage is the 250 extra warp - not even worth getting an intent for...

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1300110181' post='36522']
I like the idea of the device for the JT, even if it has to be a L8 device instead of a L9. I also agree that there is no L9 engine for a JT that's a better overall choice than the L8 Reinforced Solar Sail. Maybe the Devs will invent a few, as I really don't see a point in raising my JT's engine tech to L9, she's perfectly happy using L8 engines, and patiently awaits the storyline to include the SS8.

To be honest I think she's going to find the L9 Chim, Coma, and Manticore far more useful than any L9 engine that's in game. Even the Intent of the Resolute isn't better on a JT, than the SS8. The better buffs on the SS8 more than make up for being a little slower, in my opinion. Here's the stats on the 2 engines.

Intent Of The Resolute
L9 Engine
Warp: 4250
Warp Drain: 24.40 (15.86)
Thrust: 187 (251.9825)

Buffs:

Increase Maneuverability (Equip) Increases turn rate by 56.00% when equipped.
Recharge Shields (Equip) +49.60% Shield Recharge when equipped.
Shunt to Reactor (Equip) +20.30 Reactor Recharge and -26.00 Shield Recharge when equipped.

Reinforced Solar Sail
L8 Engine
Warp: 4000
Warp Drain: 18.70 (12.155)
Thrust: 172 (231.77)

Buffs:
Increase Maneuverability (Equip) Increases turn rate by 54.00% when equipped.
Reactor Renewal (Equip) +5.20% Reactor Recharge when equipped.
Device Energy Conservation (Equip) Reduces Device Energy Cost by 39.00% when equipped.
Shield Renewal (Equip) Adds 21.60 shield regeneration rate when equipped.

For a Jenquai Shunt to reactor is almost a debuff. Our Reactors are great, while our shields aren't. Also considering that the Shield Renewal stacks with Shield Recharge, while the Reactor Renewal stacks with Recharge Reactor, which of these 2 engines would you use with this shield?

Sharim Prototype Shield
L8 Shield
Jenquai Only
Trader Only
Cap: 44904
Recharge: 327.00 (441.45)

Buffs:
Improved Psionic Shield (Equip) Increases Psionic Shield Damage absorption by 7,500.00 to 10,500.00, depending on ability used and increases duration of shield by 120.00 seconds when equipped.
Increase Reactor Capacity (Equip) +726.00 Reactor Capacity when equipped.
Recharge Shields Skill (Equip) Increases Recharge Shields Effectiveness by 3.00 Skill Level(s) when equipped.
Recharge Reactor (Equip)

Even with the JT no longer having Psionic Shield, this shield would work VERY well, with an SS8, and a Cygnus 9 reactor. The 0 signature is a big deal for a Jenquai, regardless of whether it's an Explorer, Defender, or Seeker, since the Trifid engine actually adds more sig than it's sig reduction buff takes away on a Jenquai. Terrans actually get more sig reduction benefits from a Mercurius, Halley, or Trifid engine due to them having a larger base racial signature.
[/quote]

If only the Sharim Shield was in game (not made by DEV only) and the SS8 engine to go with it, would start to make the JS more appealing, as of right now interestingly enough the L6 Guardian and the L8 Peg Leg (not easy to get and needs to be at high quality 150%+ to really compete) as the stats seem to be very similar to a L6 Guardian in terms of Recharge Shields skill increasing devices, these are the 2 that offer the best to the JT. Instead of the Cygnus, use a HoTM for the faster recharge and higher caps (as using the activated buff from the Cygnus on yourself is pointless since it uses as much as it recharges to cast on self).

I look forward to the loving the new classes will hopefully get and this thread definitely has some good ideas behind it!

Haven't tried a HoTM on a JT as of yet, will have to try that one out. Have avoided the activated buff on the Cygnus for the reason you mention. Imagines using one with a Sharim Prototype Shield, L7 Reactor Opt, and a blood of the dragon. :drool: Also means she can give her FVE to either my TT or my PT.

During the December content patch, the TS got a special weapon to play with (L9 Ballistic Sniper ML) which has special conditions that must be met before it can be used to full effect.

I'd like to propose similar equipment for the other new classes (JT and PP)

For the JT:

- From Sundari. Effective against organic monsters, it reads the targeted monster's psionic field and upon activation, it can override a monster's hostility for a short time, causing the monster to fight against its own kind. [b]WARNING:[/b] Monsters recovering from the effects of this device might attack the user with exceptional rage and hostility.

- Reuse timer: 2 minutes.

The functionality is somewhat analogous to a charm effect - the MOB will not necessarily be controlled by the player, but will instead patrol near the player and aggro against any MOBs of its own kind, or against any MOB that aggros the player

The success of the psionic domination roll will depend upon the relative levels of the MOB vs the player using the device, as well as psionic resists/buffs that are in effect. Typically, the effect on a MOB of the same level and resists as a player should not last more than a few minutes.

Named Bosses would probably be immune to the effects of the device, and normal MOBs may develop immunity with repeated uses of the device.

----------------------------------------

[/quote]

maybe instead, improve the Charm skill by N skill levels (thus, improve the chance or other factors)

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1300141530' post='36563']
Not too keen on shield recharge buffs on a trader profession - recharge shields skill kinda takes care of that no?

And reactor renewal is horribly outclasses by shunt to reactor...

But the advantage is minimal because as you say the JT has no energy issues.

Prob only measurable advantage is the 250 extra warp - not even worth getting an intent for...
[/quote]

I would say that Reactor Renewal is the better buff, since it stacks with Reactor Recharge, something that the JT can find on various pieces of equipment that she can use. Shunt To Reactor, on the other hand takes away from something that's already weak for a Jenquai to buff something that's already strong. So from a Jenquai perspective it's not really a good buff. Fortunately for the JT she can recharge her own shields, and has more than enough reactor to do so, especially since she's probably not going to fire her weapons much in a raid, she'll mostly be casting recharge shields, reactor opt, and using whatever devices she gets to buff friends & debuff enemies. More can be said about her after balancing begins.

For recharge, shunt gives crazy amounts more than those few % recharge of renewal.

The debuff of shunt may not be so hot for the JE and JD, but the JT has the recharge shields skill. No regen dances like the JD and JE...

How clear does it need to be that shield recharge (de)buffs are a non-issue on a trader...