Tarryk sees Net-7 and does a Neo "Woah"

Hello everyone! Popping in, hopefully as the first post of a long-term member of this community. I found the existence of this emulator when I posted the "Death of EnB" as the saddest moment in gaming in my 31-Days-of-Gaming ongoing facebook article for March. I thought it had never been successfully emulated, and someone pointed out that they knew of someone who was playing it. I ran a quick search and found this site.

YES!!! EnB was my favorite game of the decade, and I miss it so much. I'm at work right now so there won't be any downloading & playing quite yet, but taking a quick break to let y'all know how much I appreciate the existence of this new server. (and seriously, you guys coded the server from SCRATCH?? By what, reverse-engineering the packets sent by the client?... that's sick, you people are awesome, and you probably need therapy too) ;)

Thanks guys. Looking forward to giving this emulator a shot, basking in the inevitable nostalgia, and (hopefully) being around doing my Terran Trader thing for a long time to come...

--Tarryk Kozar
CEO GridStream Productions

Yeah, not only do we get to play, while the game is still in pre-alpha, we get to play with 9 classes instead of the 6 that were in game during EA's release of the game. Instructions can be found around the forums for playing as a Progen Privateer, Terran Scout, or Jenquai Seeker.

I'm glad you found us. It saddens me to think there are people out there that want to play EnB again and don't know about us. We have some packet captures from back in the day, which took a few years to decrypt, and our server developers have filled in many of the blanks with good and/or lucky guesses. :D

Welcome back to EnB! ;)

Finally logged in and doing some long missed trade runs. It's amazing how easy it was to get the client updated and started. When I have extra cash IRL, I'll definitely have to chip in to the cause. Amazing to be back, and thanks for the warm welcome! ;)