idea for JS combat skill

Stoop

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/167-jenquai-seeker/

had one of my odd brainstorms, JEs have shield leech, JDs have energy leech, what if JSs had a type of hull leech (kinda like nanobots eating away at the opponents hull), maybe the nanobots could repatch the JS's hull, but that's up for debate. I think it'd make a very nice combat skill.

this idea seemed to please a couple people, but I had one addition so as to no make the JS too powerful:

I'd say even if the JS had a Hull Leech kind of skill that you would still have to take down the shields, just as if you would in normal combat, perhaps you couldn't activate the skill until the opponent's shields were "critical" status or something like that

A skill that causes slow damage to the hull is a bit pointless. During live the MOBs that had a hull only very rarely had a hull larger than the shield. In most cases the shield was twice as large as the hull.

And then there is the fact that bio mobs would be unaffected.

If the skill doubles as a sort of hull repair then sure, people would invest SP into it, even if the offensive capability is extremely situational.

I would vote for a skill that has two uses yes, but let at least let both purposes be somewhat equally functional.

Even if the mobs' hull is not all that great, it still would allow for some additional flexibility in tactics, especially if it lasts for a little while and heals your own hull.

1. Mob's shields are down. There are other targets. Omnomnom while I start hitting the next guy. I can ignore the previous target and let it die.

2. Mob's shields are down and I'm running nearly dead myself. Omnomnom and I warp a little ways out of range and use the omnomnom as kite.

3. Mob's shields are down. I'm hosed but I can get omnomnom off. But I get to watch you bite it while my buddy comes in with jumper cables--then I loot you.

4. Mob's shields are down--because I equipped nothing but EMPs! Omnomnom who needs hull damage weapons?!

:)