System out of memory exception

recently my net7 launcher has been hanging on initial startup when checking files. It says the program is not responding, usually if I let it sit long enough it will eventually finish, but when I either try and launch the game or close the launcher it throws a system out of memory exception. Anyone else having this problem or know what the problem is?

that's an exception thrown when the system doesn't have enough available ram to perform the next requested action by the .NET CLR. Chances are you're either running a lot of apps, have a small amount of RAM, or simply need to clean things up.

The two things I'd recommend are:

A) Get a program such as Piriform's C Cleaner and run it on its default settings until it stops coming back with results. This will get rid of files in trash locations around your PC, it will also allow you to scan and clean your registry.

B) Reinstall our Net-7 software afterward completely.

Once those two things are done, try it again and see if it still happens.

I'll give it a try, but I'm not running a lot of stuff. The program manager says the launcher is using over 900MB and that just doesn't seem right.

not at all, I'd definitely recommend a full uninstall and reinstall. That's not even remotely right. Here's what it looks like for me:

Yeah, something is going wrong there. Try deleting the folder "LaunchNet7" in "%APPDATA%\..\Local\" (Windows Vista/7) or in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\" (Windows XP).

Edited by Slayerman
Corrected typo (%ALLUSERSPROFIEL%)

Yeah, something is going wrong there. Try deleting the folder "LaunchNet7" in "%APPDATA%\..\Local\" (Windows Vista/7) or in "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\" (Windows XP).

Already went the reinstall route, but if it starts happening again I'll try that.

Thanks for the help!

If i'm not greatly mistaken, the env variable %TEMP% should do that on either system.

If i'm not greatly mistaken, the env variable %TEMP% should do that on either system.

In Vista/7, %TEMP% does take you to %APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp, so it would be %TEMP%\.. which is shorter, but less clear I think. On XP it takes us to the local app data store as well, but we need the All Users one.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I might know the cause. I missed the setting it to run in XP part the first time I installed it. Since the reinstall and setting it to XP compatibility I haven't noticed any of the issues I was having before.