unable to play

You may already know this:

If your running Vista/Win7 go into your EnB folder and manually change Client.exe to Xp compatibility mode.

I would even go as far as placing the net7proxy.exe in the Net7 folder to XP compatibility mode.

(Especially on Win7 Due to Service Pack 1 issues)

Also Place Admin Rights to Client.exe/net7proxy.exe as well.

Cant say this is your problem, but this solves 90% of them out there, sorry your a little vague on your issue.

If your running Vista/Win7 go into your EnB folder and manually change Client.exe to Xp compatibility mode.

I would even go as far as placing the net7proxy.exe in the Net7 folder to XP compatibility mode.

Cant say this is your problem, but this solves 90% of them out there, sorry your a little vague on your issue.

I have xp on my pc ,

just a small note on the win 7 stuff it seems that 1/2 of win 7 types the install works fine w/o compatiblity mode and on the other 1/2 they have to toggle it

not sure why that is but some installs take and some you need to tweak it via compatiblity mode ..so those who have the game working w/o it prob don't have to worry about this tweak

as to the question above

i assume you did force update and that kinda thing also some people have to toggle local cert box on

thats all this dumb GM knows on the topic get a hold of Cdel he can steer you to the right tweak

and remember we are a stress test not even alpha yet (still shaking out stuff like this) but the game is playable for the most part

my 2c worth

searing gm

Since two weeks I have the same prob:

first i need 2 or 3 times loggings to get into game ;

gating is a 1/3 chance to go through the gate without stucking in,

same with docking or charselect.

Hunting is a challenge cause i stuck after a few minutes and have to close game and relog.

this all happens after i got this info at the launcher:

ERROR: DO Key Exchange key lenght 63

>>> Connection verification failed

restart all connections

Client key exchange failed

Connection thread existing

TCP connection onport- closed gratefully

TCP Listener Thread existing

TCP Listener Thread existing

Intermediate Login check failed

re-issue sector login.

any suggestions?

would be great

thx

don't know if this has any value but some people are having probs so you prob are not alone

i had a guy in teamspeak say that he was running ventrillo and then tried game w/o and it cleared up

so anything that adds bandwith i'd shut it down

other then that ...that is the only NEW thing i've heard

it is being looked at if that is any comfort

searing

just a small note on the win 7 stuff it seems that 1/2 of win 7 types the install works fine w/o compatiblity mode and on the other 1/2 they have to toggle it

not sure why that is but some installs take and some you need to tweak it via compatiblity mode ..so those who have the game working w/o it prob don't have to worry about this tweak

compatiblity mode is evil. as is vista/win7 UAC as it allows users to turn itself off (which so many idiots do).

to track down the problem, you need to get UAC settings, install path for Net7 and EnB and .exe settings. install path is important in vista/net7. also all kind of malware/virus catchers might interfere as proxy does some client memory patching.

Yeah after last patch i am having problem on mine .. If i undock from starbase i get disco and some times gates but starbases for sure 100% of the time i get booted. I am running vista on it but like i said i never had problems till last patch. Tried the modify exe files it seemed it help a bit but still having the disco on leaving base. It also seems for me it happens 100% if i have jobs. Lol. Blacklung said he is having same issues so dont feel to bad now. You guys are doing a great job so far . So thank you again :)

Edited by karm
  • Downvote 1