Type of damage to use against what mobs, and what do they use on us?

I can't seem to be able to remember how to figure out what kind of damage to use against differet types of mobs. I used to have a sheet that listed different mobs and what they were most vulnerable to, and what kind of damage they did to me. I thought the colors of damage hitting me from a mob told me the damage, but it looks like 2 or 3 of the damage types might have the same color?

Is there a resourse somewhere that tells me how to figure this out? I know in live I used to have different sets of beams and debuff devices I used for different types of mobs, based on what killed them best. I know plasma seems to work best against most mobs that are organic.

So to sum up my questions,

1. How can I tell what a mob is vulnerable / resistant to?

2. How can I find out what kind of damage reliably that they are doing to me so I can buff against it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Drojman

Mobs are not able to be resistant to anything yet, but basic uses for damage types are in.

what I mean is:

Plasma is good against shields and mediocre against hulls

Chemical is good against hulls and mediocre against shields

EMP is very good against shields but cannot damage hulls or organic mobs

Energy, Explosive, and Impact are ok against both shields and hulls

In the future certain mobs will be strong against or resistant to certain damage types. Like manes were resistant to energy.

Agreed, in Live if you were fighting Manes or Voltoi, energy beams were at best totally useless, and in some cases were counter-productive because they actually healed the mob (high level Manes). If you're playing a Jenquai char, you need 2 sets of beams, 1 in energy, the other Plasma. You'll probably use your plasma beams more, if Emu is ultimately like Live in terms of resistances, plus as a Jenqauai Explorer or Defender, you can more easily find Plasma debuffers than Energy ones (Chimaera & Rada line of devices). If you're a Jenquai Seeker, you have a line of debuffers for both (Seeker can use Chimaera, or Rada lines of devcies for Plasma, and Manticore line of devices or the Cobalt Megahurtz to debuff energy,)

When fighting mobs look at the numbers that go for hits, IF they're 0s consistently you're not damaging the mob with the type of damage you're using, so you should try another. The color of the numbers represented which damage types were being used, but I don't remember what each color stands for beyond Purple being Plasma, and IIRC White being EMP. You'll have to use trial and error to determine what damage types work best against which mobs. (or in the case of specific mobs ask around)