Farewell People

Well after a lot of thinking I've came to the conclusion that its past time for me to leave this project.

I doubt many people will care in all honesty, I played my normal way which is not always popular.

I also was very open in posting about changes I thought were needed, and those that were not. My intentions

were to try and help improve the quality of the Emulator. To put it bluntly as I normally do, those posts

were simply wasted effort and that disappoints me.

Since I cannot write code I figured my logical posts was the best thing I could offer.

Now it seems if you cannot write code then you should just shut-up and praise those that can. I am no different

in a game than I am in real life, I will give praise when its warrented and criticism when it is. I played E&B

during LIVE like most of you. I would love to see the EMU go to the LIVE status then improve on that.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. Sweeping changes are made, and a decent ammount of them are not needed.

I know my opinion isn't the only one, and I wouldn't put mine above anyone elses. But because I cannot write

code should not mean my opinion is worthless.

Too many times I have seen it said that "Its free!", "They do this on their own time!" and "Stop whining!".

I agree with all of that (though I feel I have never done the last until maybe this post). None of those things

give an excuse to act the way some people are, and make the decisions the way they are being made.

I have seen changes that make little to no sense from a gameplay point, or even for this point in the testing process.

I've seen A LOT of shady things, I didn't get proof of the first ones but eventually I started amassing Screenshots

and FRAPs videos of it. It only confirmed some things I always suspected. And after talking to some people I never had

before, it seems those suspections were not only from me.

I will leave it at this: You claim you investigate every DEV/GM/BETA to ensure

proper behavior is followed. Either no one is actually looking, or those that are have turned a blind eye in

order to help their friends. IT IS HAPPENING, reguardless if you want to admit it or not...there is always a loophole to get around something. And people will eventually find it.

So now you can find me in RIFT and eventually on SW:TOR. Always as Whitelighter/Darklighter. Later people

• Upvote 2

whitelighter,

i dont really know you but i have seen you do some pretty cool things ingame and its sad to lose someone who does this.

idk about what has upset you,but you have been outspoken in the forums and i have never had any bad experience with/from you. i hope you reconsider leaveing ,but if you are not haveing fun then i understand.

best of luck to you and all who look like you.

take care bud

:)

blattu

I don't have enough time to write up a long explanation of why I don't think things are as bad as you think, but that in itself probably sums it up. Please; If you see people abusing their in-game permissions, you need to tell us. Personally, I care a hell of a lot about the game, and if I could run around doing tech support and server coding and tools coding and forum administration etc, I would, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. All of us have to deal with this limitation - coders, content devs, and GMs alike. It's just not possible for most staff members to be around all the time to witness these things.

I haven't the faintest clue what set you off such that you feel you need to leave, but I don't feel like you gave us much of a chance to fix whatever it was. Anyways, I'm sorry whatever happened happened; it always saddens me when this happens. Please at least give us whatever evidence you have of staff abusing in-game powers so we can determine whether some reinforcement of standard procedures might be a good topic of discussion at the next dev meeting.

• Upvote 1

sorry to hear about that dude

personally, i haven't seen anything suspicious, but then again i only started playing recently.

my whining/ranting at this point would just be, i'd wish people would take my ideas more seriously. i really try hard to adjust them to be fair and balanced.

my reputation has gone -7 points? lol, no clue why

also, i have to say, maybe if the other devs/gms weren't kicked out or didn't left, there would be more people around.

i don't know the whole story, nor care much about it, but it's just a note. not too late to re-invite them in :)

other than that, id say everything is fine or at least good enough as is. and i'm having fun ^^

• Upvote 2

also, i have to say, maybe if the other devs/gms weren't kicked out or didn't left, there would be more people around.

i don't know the whole story, nor care much about it, but it's just a note. not too late to re-invite them in ;)

They left by choice, and trust me when I say I don't think any of them want back in, nor would I want to let them back onto the staff - they can still play (interesting side note: there are only 13 accounts banned of the 10,957 registered - we don't throw those around lightly). Data was stolen when that happened, and it would be irresponsible of us to allow that to happen again.

Your negative rep is pretty much entirely from the portal thread. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, no staff have contributed to your rep. (we typically don't do negative rep at all)

We always welcome ideas, but presentation sometimes overshadows the core matter of the idea itself. Remember - people will always take your e-words in the worst possible way they can be construed; I guess it's just the nature of the internet. Besides, we don't knock every idea you have, some of them are just hard to do, lol. At least you got your /away command. :D (by the way, how's that working?)

the away command works nice, i use it almost every day =P

i haven't seen many people using thought. needs some promotion ingame or in the news.

i do know that sometimes i have a problem expressing my self... the way i write or talk, i assume everyone already knows what i'm talking about, when i should be doing the reverse or the middle ground. that leads to miss-understandings, which leads to fear, which leads to anger lol ;)

it's also a reason i keep editing my posts - when i realise i did it the wrong way hehehe

Edited by LPCA

which leads to fear, which leads to anger lol ;)

it's also a reason i keep editing my posts - when i realise i did it the wrong way hehehe

... which leads to hate :D

I understand, I edit my posts constantly.

don't take it too hard that not all of your suggestions were instantly coded up ... As I understand quite a few of your suggestions made it into the game, so that's pretty good going for anyone.

Anyway, take care - your account will still be active so feel free to drop in if you want.

It's not clear from your post why you are leaving - because your suggestions weren't followed and implemented or because you believe there's impropriety taking place with the way Dev's/GM's/Beta's are conducting themselves? If it's the former - hey, that's life - that's why they call them suggestions. If it's the latter - when you filed the ticket what was the response? If it was me and I didn't like the response on a ticket where I made a complaint about such a serious issue I would follow up with a PM to multiple Dev/GM team members calling their attention to that ticket. Of course any such complaint of that nature would require documentation to support it - but since you say you have that it shouldn't be an issue. So - I still don't understand. In any case, I echo the sentiment expressed by Tien - good luck to you.

You left?

I saw you in-game last night. B)

Anywho, people tell me from time to time there's corruption, yet when I ask for names, or proof, there's none to be found.

I think its a case of people remembering back to ST2/3 when some shady things happened. I can promise you though, those people are gone. The head DEV's have hammered down on the rules and regulation of staff. I know most everyone, and I can tell ya everything is on the up and up.

Unfortunately most users just f..f..f..f..fade away and not even a good bye post. I did send our advocate my concerns of the ever dwindling (agree new players are trickling in) player population.

In regards to your comment about the players jumping you for “whining” all I have to say to that is joke em if they can’t take a F***.

I report many bugs/exploits, most I just pm a dev or gm, but some I ask in open chat to see if it is just me or a known issue. I too get many “If you don’t like it leave comments” these I chalk up to ignorance and try to ignore.

When you cool off and come back in feel free to pm me as your sounding board. I am always happy to Byakhee bash. <- just kidding, pretty sure I just bought another round of mysterious CTDs :)

Edited by Mimir

I am always happy to Byakhee bash. <- just kidding, pretty sure I just bought another round of mysterious CTDs

just a random LOL

I for one havent seen the "shady dealings" but my play time tends to be like my work time, random and sporadic. heh

Good luck in your other games but i hope we'll see you back sometime in the future.

good hunting.

Edited by CheezeBaal

Power corrupts, especially if randoms are recruited into GM positions. They do not have the responsibility to be GM's and I think one static (<< very corrupt and dirty guild full of ebay scrubs in live) member has become a GM (forgive me if this is incorrect but I'm pretty damn sure).

The main cause of power abuse may lie with a lack of control. The fact you need to have evidence and make a ticket before an inquiry can be made...kinda sucks.

Maybe all actions by GM's can be recorded and displayed on net-7.org. Like if a GM gives 30 Hellbore torpedo launchers to a player, it will say

GM [bastard]: Generated 30 hellbores

GM [bastard]: Traded 30 hellbores with Player x

Having this, open and clear...WILL set our minds at ease. This seems a very very important thing to implement because this is not the first time people have left and given a bad aftertaste to and because of GM's.

PLS implement openness.

Edited by Dakynos
No need to cite names in an example
  • Upvote 1

Having this, open and clear...WILL set our minds at ease. This seems a very very important thing to implement because this is not the first time people have left and given a bad aftertaste to and because of GM's.

PLS implement openness.

T20 isn't a gm is he??

JK

I also was very open in posting about changes I thought were needed, and those that were not. My intentions

were to try and help improve the quality of the Emulator. To put it bluntly as I normally do, those posts

were simply wasted effort and that disappoints me.

I don't know you but it is always sad to see someone leave the Game and Community

for reasons other than the game is just not what they like to play.

I'm so glad I was able to shake off any shot down or not-implemented IDEA'S

I had.

But I came to realize that there were many other idea's from other people and they too

didn't get their idea put into the game, sure it took a little while to "let it go" and

a few trips to my shrink (j/k).

After seeing and playing the game with the bugs, Talk tree typo's, equipment buffs

and skills not working. The last thing the DEV's and beta's need is to implement or test

stuff that wasn't in the game originally.

When and if the game go's "LIVE" it will be a Big responsibility for the DEV's and Beta's

to deliver a game with the reliability of a game made and controlled by "Full Time"

player support with consistency of operation. LIVE is a commitment to the player community

as a whole and it will be watched and studied by every Gamer forum and game manufacture

every where.

That I wouldn't wish on anyone!

So pop by every once and a while TB said your account is and will be active.

Play RIFT and SW:TOR come on back when the thought crosses your mind, so the game

may or may not be "LIVE" but it'll still be fun.

Phorlaug....

edit: typo

Edited by Phorlaug

Am so sorry that you're up to leave the game......

Players like you are so needy to put things right:

to remind GMs/DEVs what's important to the game and what's going into the wrong direction,

No matter that neone of these cares about what you or others say.....

and no matter that some (buddies-from-buddies?) stereotypically always spam: leave if you don't like..

I think You shouldn't leave: PLEASE STAY

ENB needs players like you to survive and get to live again....

PS i miss the fun in game ....went with Mr Merlin and i miss SoldierGM (he always worked to help players when he came in)

and cheats? are enough in other games ... maybe EA should ran again enb? niobe and the others never cheated any...

Well, I certainly have been frustrated at times myself. But I recognize that I bring on a bit of that frustration on myself by only really playing JE. I do think the DEVs listen. I think C DEL is right, and I'm not saying that to blow sunshine in his digital direction.

If I do have a problem with EnB, however, it would be that longer timeouts, reduced abilities, and, therefore, longer lumbering grinding just plain deflates "the fun factor." I LOVE THIS GAME! But some DEV decision in the last few months have subtracted from what fiction students would call "immersion" or what modern head shrinkers would call "staying in the moment."

I remember, just after sunset, reading one disgruntled former Westwood employee in an online interview. He said that EA destroyed the game by making changes that made the players feel like they ought to be punching a clock when they logged in and out. Of course, he was disgruntled, so maybe I should keep that in mind as well.

You needn't "make a ticket" to root out something like this. If you suspect someone of catering to friends with staff powers, then contact myself or a member of the board and we will check the server logs. Every time a member of staff uses any command that creates items or credits (or spawns mobs for that matter) they are logged all the way down to their IP address. We can find them, but we're not going to make a public tell every time someone is given an item. What's to stop everyone else from asking for items because they can see player X got a hellbore or something similar? Perhaps we can prove they had it, but that's not going to stop 10-15 tickets from coming in saying people lost theirs.

This save bug has proven just that, items that disappeared, once people have learned how it worked they've tried to submit tickets requesting items back that were never in their inventories to begin with, GMs can't currently verify this, but developers with db access can, this is why they aren't returning items at present. Our DBs are backed up nightly, so as long as the item was there, we will have a record. In any case, the point of this is that we can find out, but no one ever steps forward. Presumably I am guessing they are afraid of some kind of retribution; however, the code of conduct explicitly forbids that. If someone acted in retribution because they somehow found out who sent something in on them they would be removed from the staff, period. We would then return the player back to whatever state they were in before that retribution occurred with our apologies.

Many people make vague accusations, very few actually give us a name to look into.

Now since I mention it, the members of the board are:

David, Kyp, Riia, Satanicexhile, Webby, Kenu, Evermore and the two alternates are: Arthurdent & Blacklung

quote[if I do have a problem with EnB, however, it would be that longer timeouts, reduced abilities, and, therefore, longer lumbering grinding just plain deflates "the fun factor." I LOVE THIS GAME! But some DEV decision in the last few months have subtracted from what fiction students would call "immersion" or what modern head sh

rinkers would call "staying in the moment."]

Grinding to one person is the 'reason' for playing to another. I see some complaining about "grinding" combat levels. Other only want combat. Some enjoy trade runs, other HATE them. And for the life of me, I can't figure why someone would start and explorer class 'toon and then complain about mining. LOL

"Lumbering grinding" to some is why others play at all. There is something for everyone, which means there is another part for someone else.

I hate to see anyone who thinks they were wronged go without getting resolve. When I first met this guy I thought he was pretty cool, a real credit to the community but the last month or two it's been about unbearable. I almost quit the guild and am still considering it because of his constant complaining, and his criticism of my friend who was confused about getting an item built.

There are a few people who complain really loud and get attention. Then there are the silent majority (at least I feel it is a majority) that are just happy to be here and happy with the way things are coming along. I've lost items, I have friends who lost items. We go get them again, no big deal. We aren't almost invincible anymore so we team up and kill boss's and change tactics, no big deal. I've had some of the "conveniences" that the people who have been around for a while ripped from me literally hours before I was a high enough level to do them, no big deal.

I've never seen him in guild chat accuse anyone from the staff of unfair practices. Some people think they need to act like they are a martyr, when in most peoples eyes they aren't even close.

I'm part of the majority (and I really think it is the majority) that say the staff is doing a great job! I'll get labeled a butt kisser for saying it, by Whitelighter and maybe others (I've personally seen him complain about anyone who says good job to the staff in chat.)

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and with that I say good riddance, but if you do come back I hope you get your issues settled and realize, It's just a game, don't let it ruin your life.

• Upvote 2

quote[if I do have a problem with EnB, however, it would be that longer timeouts, reduced abilities, and, therefore, longer lumbering grinding just plain deflates "the fun factor." I LOVE THIS GAME! But some DEV decision in the last few months have subtracted from what fiction students would call "immersion" or what modern head sh

rinkers would call "staying in the moment."]

Grinding to one person is the 'reason' for playing to another. I see some complaining about "grinding" combat levels. Other only want combat. Some enjoy trade runs, other HATE them. And for the life of me, I can't figure why someone would start and explorer class 'toon and then complain about mining. LOL

"Lumbering grinding" to some is why others play at all. There is something for everyone, which means there is another part for someone else.

YES, YES, YES! Very true. But your very solid truth, in my humble opinion, does not negate the essence of what I was trying to express. I love the grind of prospecting, as an example. On the other hand, I love the interdependency of the game.

BUT, sometimes I wish I could just stay "out there" by myself, mountain man style, and just mine for hours with enough shield leech, 180% Proto Beams, and the absolute ninja magic of being able to loot my kills while cloaked as my shields recharge. That digital isolation and confidence in my ship parts has (mostly) been taken away from me in the last few months and it was a kind of "fun factor" for me that let's me immerse myself in the fictional world of EnB. I love this game. I really do! And, to close, I am fundamentally grateful to the DEVs, people I will probably never meet. Thank you ALL! This game is my mental health fortress of solitude. Thanks.

i'll just remind that the game is in active development, not finished, so i'ts normal things aren't balanced the way they were in live.

about corruption, it always existed, and always will exist everywhere, be it in politics or games. corruption and abuse of power is a part of human nature.

if we can eliminate it, awesome, but it won't be gone for good - it always finds ways of coming back. that's why constant monitoring of these issues is important.

YES, YES, YES! Very true. But your very solid truth, in my humble opinion, does not negate the essence of what I was trying to express. I love the grind of prospecting, as an example. On the other hand, I love the interdependency of the game.

BUT, sometimes I wish I could just stay "out there" by myself, mountain man style, and just mine for hours with enough shield leech, 180% Proto Beams, and the absolute ninja magic of being able to loot my kills while cloaked as my shields recharge. That digital isolation and confidence in my ship parts has (mostly) been taken away from me in the last few months and it was a kind of "fun factor" for me that let's me immerse myself in the fictional world of EnB. I love this game. I really do! And, to close, I am fundamentally grateful to the DEVs, people I will probably never meet. Thank you ALL! This game is my mental health fortress of solitude. Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that an aspect of the game you enjoyed isn't there anymore. What exactly happened that you feel made this impossible? (I think TB actually greatly increased the chance of your being able to loot while cloaked a while back) I hate to see people dissatisfied with the game; if there's something you think ought to be changed, let us know. We may not always be able to implement your suggestions, but we always listen.

i'll just remind that the game is in active development, not finished, so i'ts normal things aren't balanced the way they were in live.

about corruption, it always existed, and always will exist everywhere, be it in politics or games. corruption and abuse of power is a part of human nature.

if we can eliminate it, awesome, but it won't be gone for good - it always finds ways of coming back. that's why constant monitoring of these issues is important.

Tru dat - the game is quite under construction yet.

Unfortunately, this is true, but we do make efforts to combat it. If you see such tomfoolery afoot, please bring it to our attention.

(I think TB actually greatly increased the chance of your being able to loot while cloaked a while back)

A chance to build 200% something, a chance that something uber drops from a raid mob or even a chance to cloak while taking damage I can see but, a chance to loot while cloaked is way to funny for me without the thought of "WTF! have I got myself in to, these guys are noobs", its like saying there's a good chance my PW can use sap on a mob or all 6 weapons will fire if he's lucky but there's a good chance he's gona be fighting with only 3.

I hate to see people dissatisfied with the game; if there's something you think ought to be changed, let us know. We may not always be able to implement your suggestions, but we always listen.

This might be a good time to take the ear plugs out and start listening to us, our issues have fallen to deaf ears way to long around here and your damn right about one thing, people are dissatisfied with the game and way to many old timers have left already.

hm, don't know why quotes came out like that

Edited by Slayerman
Fixed quotes :)
  • Downvote 2