A couple of suggestions

Tarby

Founders Logo:

I had a neat silver "FF" logo from being in the beta on my TT when I played live...any way to get that back?

Additional gate from Inverness to Freya:

This one take a little more explaining. I was looking at the updated map for EnB and noticed something interesting. All Races/Class except the TT (I know sounds self-serving but hear me out) have a "meetup" sector on the backside of their "home" systems within one or two jumps. Example, for Jenquai that sector is Yokan, within a jump from all 3 Jenquai class home sectors, Io, Europa, and Ganymede. For Progen, its Endrago...2 jumps from the Warrior home sector and one jump for the other 2.

On the Terran side this is also in play....as Freya is one jump away from the home systems of the Scout and Enforcer, and 5(!) jumps away from the backside of the TT home sector High Earth, being New Eidenburgh. To keep the same idea going...a gate from Inverness to Freya sounds like it fits, as it would be one jump from Freya and NE, like how Witberg is for TE, and Adriel Prime is for TS. I also picked Inverness as it is in Tau Ceti.

I never noticed it before without the updated map for all the classes. I know it may change some trade goods routes, but am I seeming logical here or not??

*edit* It also occurs to me that all the hexagon gates shut/collapse WAAAAAAY too fast. They finally unwind all the way open for like a sec then *splat* back down again no matter how many people using it. Didnt they wait for a bit on live and also stay open if people kept using them in succession?

One thing that would be helpful for development/route-building would be if someone were to render the maps down into a grid, rather than the somewhat random layouts of current maps. I assume (can't recall without looking) that the routes are actually quite regular, so we may as well use that when determining what supplemental or new routes to add.

the gate action is placeholder code so that *something* actually happens when you gate.

It does need looking at, at some point as it still uses the same code I hacked in there 3 years ago to just get something happening. It's just that there's a whole ton of other things that need looking at first.

the gate action is placeholder code so that *something* actually happens when you gate.

It does need looking at, at some point as it still uses the same code I hacked in there 3 years ago to just get something happening. It's just that there's a whole ton of other things that need looking at first.

Yea I know you guys are busy with stuff, I just thought that this would be some things to put on the radar later on down the line when the major things had been taken care of. Just suggestions, not demands :)

Founders Logo:

I had a neat silver "FF" logo from being in the beta on my TT when I played live...any way to get that back?

Additional gate from Inverness to Freya:

This one take a little more explaining. I was looking at the updated map for EnB and noticed something interesting. All Races/Class except the TT (I know sounds self-serving but hear me out) have a "meetup" sector on the backside of their "home" systems within one or two jumps. Example, for Jenquai that sector is Yokan, within a jump from all 3 Jenquai class home sectors, Io, Europa, and Ganymede. For Progen, its Endrago...2 jumps from the Warrior home sector and one jump for the other 2.

On the Terran side this is also in play....as Freya is one jump away from the home systems of the Scout and Enforcer, and 5(!) jumps away from the backside of the TT home sector High Earth, being New Eidenburgh. To keep the same idea going...a gate from Inverness to Freya sounds like it fits, as it would be one jump from Freya and NE, like how Witberg is for TE, and Adriel Prime is for TS. I also picked Inverness as it is in Tau Ceti.

I never noticed it before without the updated map for all the classes. I know it may change some trade goods routes, but am I seeming logical here or not??

Yokan was a bad example, it was originally Dahin, till someone else moved it for an experiment. We decided afterwards to leave it there since it allows the possibility of the wormhole skill, to be "redone" to add new wormhole destinations.

Another thing to consider is that the Terrans are not as "tightly" knit as the Progen and Jenquai tend to be. The Terran factions (like Earthcorps) do not have the same amount of loyalty to each other, as the Shinwa or Centuriata have with their fellow factions. Remember they Terrans are in it for the money. :)

One thing that would be helpful for development/route-building would be if someone were to render the maps down into a grid, rather than the somewhat random layouts of current maps. I assume (can't recall without looking) that the routes are actually quite regular, so we may as well use that when determining what supplemental or new routes to add.

Keep in mind, we are in a Stress Test, not a beta test. Gates, and things move around alot. Same with Content.

- Marco

The flaw in your logic is you forget that by looking for patterns we can all start saying things like that.

What is happenening here is the da vinci code all over again, the devs would be da vinci and you are trying to figure out what kind of path the devs wanted EnB to follow by finding "logical patterns".

Give it a rest because given a long enough look you can see sorts of crazy patterns emerging, just like that one.

My BIG Suggestion is that the xp bar show the amount of xp needed to level in POINTS and not a %

Also I want my FF logo back on my ship

i second the xp-thing. with the amount instead of percentage you can calculate how many traderuns/mobs/navs/roids you need to get to your next level.

frag quick question... why do you prefer % view (just curious)? and just from my perspective once I have the total xp then getting the % is easy... if my xp bar says

54,000/108,000 I know I am 50% there and even with less than perfect numbers to divide you can still get real close to the % at a glance...

but hell... I would be happy for just a forum post that told the total amt of xp required per level and I could do the math as well... not afraid of the math... but without the total number we dont know what it is... which tbh makes no sense... why hold back that information

Keep in mind, we are in a Stress Test, not a beta test. Gates, and things move around alot. Same with Content.

To be clear, I meant the galaxy map not the local maps. The connections between sectors don't seem to have changed since live except the addition of new sectors?

My BIG Suggestion is that the xp bar show the amount of xp needed to level in POINTS and not a %

Also I want my FF logo back on my ship

That should have been something you asked Westwood, as that is something handled by the client and not the server, but I suppose they could make a slash command that could tell you the exact figures.

frag quick question... why do you prefer % view (just curious)? and just from my perspective once I have the total xp then getting the % is easy... if my xp bar says

54,000/108,000 I know I am 50% there and even with less than perfect numbers to divide you can still get real close to the % at a glance...

but hell... I would be happy for just a forum post that told the total amt of xp required per level and I could do the math as well... not afraid of the math... but without the total number we dont know what it is... which tbh makes no sense... why hold back that information

Agreed. Amount of XP per level would be a nice addition. Perhaps a sticky thread in Knowledgebase. I do like the idea of you need X number of XP required to receive your next level, instead of percentages.

To be clear, I meant the galaxy map not the local maps. The connections between sectors don't seem to have changed since live except the addition of new sectors?

Oh. I know Mozu tinkered around with it and added some new systems/sectors, months ago.

- Marco

The flaw in your logic is you forget that by looking for patterns we can all start saying things like that.

What is happenening here is the da vinci code all over again, the devs would be da vinci and you are trying to figure out what kind of path the devs wanted EnB to follow by finding "logical patterns".

Give it a rest because given a long enough look you can see sorts of crazy patterns emerging, just like that one.

"Give it a rest"? Woah hey I'm not demanding anything here, was just a suggestion. I wasn't expecting anything to happen "right away" or even at all. I'm just happy to be able to play this again, and if I came off as demeaning or demanding that wasn't my intention.

Would also require the devs to design & code a mission to learn the skill as well.

The mission was being worked on, last I heard. Might already be done. The skill on the other hand is not.

- Marco

While I'm not afraid of arithmetic, I prefer the percentage because I don't try & figure out how much I need to do to level... I just have fun making asteroids go *boom* and occasionally beaming monsters to their death. I'm not in a race to get to a level. I just like to know how I'm doing in general. There's nothing wrong with the actual numerical presentation of experience, and I applaud it as an option. However, I'd hate for the option of percentage to be taken away either.

Since someone said it would require a change to the client, then that would nix the whole idea at present. <insert your favorite explicitve> Should we gain permission of EA or ownership of E&B from EA, then that would change.