INV-300 Error

Ton of Guild members, including me, are getting this INV-300 error again.

What causes this?

Personally I cant play the game properly with local cert checked, It allows me to log in however it causes major crash issues with me, would pref not having to use this option.

Plus another issue is not being able to use a second toon on same computer due to this INV-300.

Thought I would bring this to Dev's attention since I dont see anyone else putting it up.

Ton of Guild members, including me, are getting this INV-300 error again.

What causes this?

Net7SSL crashed again probably. They should replace it with simple apache/php as only purpose for it seems to be to verify user/pass and get token to log into server.

Personally I cant play the game properly with local cert checked, It allows me to log in however it causes major crash issues with me, would pref not having to use this option.

you're not supposed to use local-cert normally. It's an emergency login system written for when the server's cert once went invalid. It will be removed when we go to alpha.

Also we have re-done some features of Net7SSL to stop it from getting into a locked up state.

Most of the time local-cert errors are caused by the computer you're using - we got this a lot with the old single player server, about 20% of PCs were unable to use the SSL port due to various apps (or viruses etc) blocking it.

Also sometimes the locally installed cert needs updating. See Kyp's post above.

Local cert is a last-port-of-call for if there are login problems, there are many inherent problems with it - I hacked it together in a couple of hours for the beta crew to be able to log in this one time when the server's cert went out of date.

Everyone experiencing this problem, please try installing the current certificate:

this is for www.net-7.org issued by GoDaddy.

https://www.net-7.org uses Comodo cert that expired in 2007

https://play.net-7.org uses self signed cert for local.net-7.org that will expire is 2016

godaddy cert does not seem to be used for anything