Lagging out from multiple agro's.

Myself and several of my guildmates are having an issue. We can have 10-30 mobs on the screen fine, but if we agro 5-10 or more we lag out to the point of having to fly away and having it clear within a minute or so, or in cases like the FB having the computer lock up. (not a ctd) but lockup requiring a restart. Happens in Glenn with the Chavez as well.

I downloaded monitoring software and the heat for cpu and video card are fine. Have tried adjusting the settings for video and sound, have updated video and sound drivers. Ran the game in 256/32bit/16bit color, tried different compatability modes and tried running it not in comp mode. Ran in 640/480 and not, ran windowed and not. Adjusted in game graphics as well.

AMD Athlon II x4 630 Processor 2.80ghz

ATI HD 4600 video

4gb ram

Win7 64bit

Running out of stuff to try, any further help on this would be appreciated.

it could be we're not driving some of the internal client settings properly in high-aggro situations. I remember back when we first got prospecting working there was a bug that meant we couldn't have more than about 10-15 asteroids showing at the same time without a lot of lag.

I have a hunch about what's happening - I'll run a few tests tomorrow and we'll see if we can fix this.

EDIT: I did a live patch to help with this, check again and see if there's any difference now.

It seems to be better. I tested it out on Chavez in Glenn and was able able to grab agro on about a dozen and operate with about 2seconds lag, where before it was 5 seconds lag or worst. As a few more agro'd it did get a bit worst, but there seemed to be an improvement.

Ended up dead twice in Cooper from this same phenomenon.

2 or 3 mobs with aggro is do-able but as soon as it becomes 5 or more, everything starts to lag at least 4-5 seconds which usually spells death when you're dealing with the fishies.

Especially since they are all spamming grav link and don't seem to be affected by the lag.

Havent tried today after TB's fix, but will check it out and report back.

Edited by ryprx

it could be we're not driving some of the internal client settings properly in high-aggro situations. I remember back when we first got prospecting working there was a bug that meant we couldn't have more than about 10-15 asteroids showing at the same time without a lot of lag.

I have a hunch about what's happening - I'll run a few tests tomorrow and we'll see if we can fix this.

EDIT: I did a live patch to help with this, check again and see if there's any difference now.

@ Tienbau, something similar is happening to others and since you are answering this post and not here: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4248-unresponsive-hotkeysother-controls-when-incoming-fire-reaches-a-certain-level/

I will respond that things are a little better, but there is *still* a lot of lag in the Chavez faction farming areas, as I stated in the other post thread.

I tested this about 10 hours ago and instead of a full lockup at Nav Ceres 2 in Venus, the lag is down to 8 seconds, but you still have to thrust away and clear your baffles to get full control, again, as I stated in the other post. With 12+ aggro-ed on you it always occurs with me. Fighting your way out of it isn't the best remedy, run and heel, take them out as they approach.

Glad to hear that it is most likely server side and not in my slow comp :)

Well time to update my part in this:

I was in Cooper yesterday with 2 of my toons, SeruPW and Saru, both running on 2 different computers.

Well I was warping to different locations to get saru updated on the navs and suddenly Both computers rebooted without a warning.

I figured it was just a glitch so I logged both back in and about 30 min or so it did it again, Both computers rebooted without any warning whatsoever.

Ok, Ok now I knew something was up, I did a virus scan also a chkdsk, nothing came up on either computer, so this has to either deal with server side or client side issues and causing such a greavious error the computers needed to reboot.

I Logged both of them back in and about 30 min later it did it yet again, Computer Reboot, but this time only SeruPW did so.

Cooper is the only area that it has ever happened to me.

It did not happen again after I grouped up with a guild mate, other than a CTD here and there, but I think its an issue that could be tied to this lag issue.

Dev's I would Like your Input on this, seems kinda weird that 2 different unrelated computers would reboot at the exact same time.

To Point out it happened 3 times, 3 on my main computer and 2 on my second computer.

Edited by Maniac

Dev's I would Like your Input on this, seems kinda weird that 2 different unrelated computers would reboot at the exact same time.

To Point out it happened 3 times, 3 on my main computer and 2 on my second computer.

You're right, it must be a problem with EnB somewhere. The probability that two computers would reboot due to anything normal like overheating simultaneously seems ridiculously low. My hunch is that the Earth & Beyond client itself is crashing the computers by doing something stupid with its access to the graphics hardware, which may be cued by some odd or laggy data from the server. (Just a hunch, however) Do you get a blue screen of death or any error messages, or does the computer just click off and back on?

ok I'll recreate this and implement new packet chokes. Like CDel I suspect we're just pushing the client a bit too far. The original server would have had something like this, gradually cut back on non-essential odds and ends and reduce update rates for mobs.

@Cdel No error messages whatsoever, no blue screen, just like i had held down the power buttons of both comps and shut them off. Ive seen a few other people post that their comp reboots sometimes but they were only running 1 computer from what I can tell.

@Tienbau Ya I think it is possible the client is the issue. Glad I can be of help in fixing this issue before it becomes worse.