un hide things in the Database

Jamosite

I loved the old database and come to enjoy the new one but it seems lots of things are hidden,

I was looking for a plague 7 ( not because i wanted one ) but wanted to find out if it was a new drop i seemed to of found

the DB says it was hidden in the database and i do not know why.

can we unlock everything in the DP please ?

:->

Nope, if it was, it owuld be like spoon-feeding the player base information on where things drop, removing the element of surpise amd mystery.

Where would the challenge be, if everyone knew where everything dropped all the time? There wouldnt be, no fun either..

So nope, not going to happen.

How else are we going to know if something isnt dropping, such as recently with the Cerebral Cortex?

The DB has something wrong with it, mobs are showing drops they dont have, there are some items not even in the DB, and several items no longer even have the 'hidden mobs' listing, rather they show no drops at all, for items that obviously still drop.

Jamosite, - The Plague Septum, like the Cerebral Cortex, originally had a 0% drop chance, though how recently it started dropping I dont know. However, it is also sold by Paramis vendors, so its always been available.

I can see both points.

still. unless its something used in lets say a lvl 7 deivice that

is new and valuable i understand. but in some cases i just don't see why things are hidden I guess its just me.

I'm okay with some mystery, especially after new patches, as to who drops what. There have to be some things that need figuring out, that's part of the fun of playing a video game. One of the things I like, as an explorer, are "hidden" orefields, so not listing all the drops doesn't really bother me.

How else are we going to know if something isnt dropping, such as recently with the Cerebral Cortex?

The DB has something wrong with it, mobs are showing drops they dont have, there are some items not even in the DB, and several items no longer even have the 'hidden mobs' listing, rather they show no drops at all, for items that obviously still drop.

Jamosite, - The Plague Septum, like the Cerebral Cortex, originally had a 0% drop chance, though how recently it started dropping I dont know. However, it is also sold by Paramis vendors, so its always been available.

We generally don't need you to test drops, because we have a team of beta testers do it whom have the ability to respawn the mob and continue on and get proper results much more quickly.

And no, we intentionally hid things because we want you to discover it on your own. You're all welcome to make your own databases and share them, but we want to encourage the community to do things like this, not rely on a direct database connection to read out all the details of the game to you.

• Upvote 2

And no, we intentionally hid things because we want you to discover it on your own. You're all welcome to make your own databases and share them, but we want to encourage the community to do things like this, not rely on a direct database connection to read out all the details of the game to you.

Perfect explanation! No spoon/silver platter... Go explore and find it!

Flip side, maybe, just maybe offer another line in the net-7 db - for IN-GAME/NOT-IN-GAME? dunno if that would be to much either but save a little frustration I suppose. But definitely no need to give an X Marks the spot location to drops, thats up to the playerbase to figure out (if they deem necessary to create a site think Guardians of Capella in live had the most intricate playerbased database, then go for it!)

Perfect explanation! No spoon/silver platter... Go explore and find it!

Flip side, maybe, just maybe offer another line in the net-7 db - for IN-GAME/NOT-IN-GAME? dunno if that would be to much either but save a little frustration I suppose. But definitely no need to give an X Marks the spot location to drops, thats up to the playerbase to figure out (if they deem necessary to create a site think Guardians of Capella in live had the most intricate playerbased database, then go for it!)

Please note that the database makes a distinction between hidden drops and a lack of drops. If there are no drops in the system for an item, it will show as "Doesn't Drop", whereas it will indicate if there are hidden drops, so it does implicitly tell you whether the item is in-game.

Please note that the database makes a distinction between hidden drops and a lack of drops. If there are no drops in the system for an item, it will show as "Doesn't Drop", whereas it will indicate if there are hidden drops, so it does implicitly tell you whether the item is in-game.

Which is what I was refering to, there are items that do drop that have no listing for their drops, it shows niether a mob or the 'This item has hidden drops', their is no drop box at all. This is a recent change, more recent than the Jan. Update, and seems to be random on which items it affects.

Which is what I was refering to, there are items that do drop that have no listing for their drops, it shows niether a mob or the 'This item has hidden drops', their is no drop box at all. This is a recent change, more recent than the Jan. Update, and seems to be random on which items it affects.

Could you point out an item like this? There could be a bug in the PHP code.

Could you point out an item like this? There could be a bug in the PHP code.

Yes please, if there is a bug i would deffo like to know.

The database has recently had an update to read both of the Loot table 'types' that are stored in the database, so everything should be showing.

Thanks

Found the problem. It's kinda fixed. Stats are showing up now for the items you mentioned. I also added an explicit line to show that there are no drops in the database for items which, in fact, do not drop at all. Consequently, the Drops table will always appear now.

Just so you are all aware, the change that has been made, may cause incorrect display of drops.

We are slowly moving from 1 drop system to another which is better.

Some mobs have been moved, and some havent.

I am currently in discussion with the Devs to find out the best way to read the drop information.

Also, please be aware that certain things are still hidden, and may not show up.

It would be nice to get a few different levels of how well stuff is hidden. Getting a hint in which general area to start looking would be nice, like listing sector or system for the more commonplace drops. Narrowing the location down the more common an item is supposed to be. Would probably take some time to code though, so it might not be worth the trouble.

Just so you are all aware, the change that has been made, may cause incorrect display of drops.

We are slowly moving from 1 drop system to another which is better.

Some mobs have been moved, and some havent.

I am currently in discussion with the Devs to find out the best way to read the drop information.

Also, please be aware that certain things are still hidden, and may not show up.

Yeah, I made a bit of a boo-boo when I made those changes earlier. It should be all fixed now.

will, what mob did you loot the Chimaera's Dread Scourge from? From what I'm seeing in the database, it shouldn't drop at all.

Yeah, I made a bit of a boo-boo when I made those changes earlier. It should be all fixed now.

will, what mob did you loot the Chimaera's Dread Scourge from? From what I'm seeing in the database, it shouldn't drop at all.

Disruptor V2.0, at the Controller's spawn location, and its always dropped from it, for all of ST4 atleast.

Do a sector search of BBW or a mob search for Disruptor and it will show up there too.

Edit - It now shows the 'Hidden Drops' listing.

Edit#2 - The sector and Mob searches list drops for mobs, though since early last december, it hasn't been 100% accurate. I always thought the item drops would have been removed when the 'hidden drops' was implemented, but for some reason it never was. Would be nice if the Mob search listed all sectors it spawns in, and the sector search lists just what mobs spawn there.

Edit#3 - Cutlass of the Valiant 9 (L9) now shows the 'hidden drops', but I was told it has been removed, and indeed havent seen any since. Is the DB listing old info, as we were told the info would be delayed somewhat behind the Live server changes, or is something else causing it? Just an example, but not the only item like this.

Edited by will

Disruptor V2.0, at the Controller's spawn location, and its always dropped from it, for all of ST4 atleast.

Do a sector search of BBW or a mob search for Disruptor and it will show up there too.

Edit - It now shows the 'Hidden Drops' listing.

Edit#2 - The sector and Mob searches list drops for mobs, though since early last december, it hasn't been 100% accurate. I always thought the item drops would have been removed when the 'hidden drops' was implemented, but for some reason it never was. Would be nice if the Mob search listed all sectors it spawns in, and the sector search lists just what mobs spawn there.

Edit#3 - Cutlass of the Valiant 9 (L9) now shows the 'hidden drops', but I was told it has been removed, and indeed havent seen any since. Is the DB listing old info, as we were told the info would be delayed somewhat behind the Live server changes, or is something else causing it? Just an example, but not the only item like this.

That page hadn't been updated to account for the new loot tables and hidden drops, this has now been updated, hidden things will now be hidden, and hidden mobs will no longer show up :)

I will work on updating the Mob Search soon

We generally don't need you to test drops, because we have a team of beta testers do it whom have the ability to respawn the mob and continue on and get proper results much more quickly.

I enjoy playing around with spreadsheets. If there's enough interest I'll make one to reflect all drops for the playerbase, I would need to find some way to host it though, but I figure it'll take me maybe 2-3 weeks to get a working draft running and then I could make a weekly update with player feedback.

And just so you know, my motivation is purely for selfish reasons. I enjoy knowing where everything drops and with 6 toons, I figure I'll need to get familiar with the different race/class restrictions :o

That page hadn't been updated to account for the new loot tables and hidden drops, this has now been updated, hidden things will now be hidden, and hidden mobs will no longer show up :o

I will work on updating the Mob Search soon

Database tells me the Made to Live beam doesn't drop, i think that's not correct because he should drop(i added him at the same time i added the new device to activate the FB). He was made for that loot table and for this race in special.

greets

Hexergirl

Database tells me the Made to Live beam doesn't drop, i think that's not correct because he should drop(i added him at the same time i added the new device to activate the FB). He was made for that loot table and for this race in special.

greets

Hexergirl

Should it be in the new loot tables or mob_items?