Is there a lvl 30 bonus mission?

So I'm over lvl 30 now, already got the hull upgrade and everything, however, I was not offered a bonus mission or anything. I haven't been playing the emu for very long, but I know that in live there was that long drawn out mission to get the Cygni Express, and I know that other classes have some of their bonus missions implemented. So is there one available for TE's at lvl 30, and if so where can I get it? Also are there any requirements for it to be offered (like credits or any skills needed)?

the cygni express is the hull patch mission... so if you can live without hull patch for 20 levels you can use the L4 cygni... or just put in devices while u travel... definitely have 30-50k creds when you go to get your TT upgrade cuz she is all about the money when it comes to that... I dont recall a L30 mish... and if there was... it was so short you didnt even realize...

L50 is goto zweihander... so my advice is to keep your cygni express till L50 but when you goto zwie station have a spare engine and rr ready cuz you cant buy on level stuff there... the station is where you do your hull mish and then since your so close just pop into the planet and give herrera his engine... I wait till L50 to do both these mish cuz it will be the first and last time a tt goes to that place...

the cygni express is the hull patch mission... so if you can live without hull patch for 20 levels you can use the L4 cygni... or just put in devices while u travel... definitely have 30-50k creds when you go to get your TT upgrade cuz she is all about the money when it comes to that... I dont recall a L30 mish... and if there was... it was so short you didnt even realize...

L50 is goto zweihander... so my advice is to keep your cygni express till L50 but when you goto zwie station have a spare engine and rr ready cuz you cant buy on level stuff there... the station is where you do your hull mish and then since your so close just pop into the planet and give herrera his engine... I wait till L50 to do both these mish cuz it will be the first and last time a tt goes to that place...

That would be true if this were in the TT section. :D

For Enforcers, you got the bonus mission after MacKellan gave you your promotion in Live (no clue if it's in-game here yet).

It's not, it was the Roland Holmes mission, right? This is what I recall. That requires some scripting I don't have access to just yet because we haven't fully implemented it. ;)

Yeah in live it was the mission to capture Roland Holmes. Took forever and was so drawn out, but the engine made it worthwhile. I think part of the mission also happened in 61 Cygni, so I'm not sure if that is part of it not being implemented yet either.

Oh well, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. Now I have to figure out what lvl 4 engine to get.

It's not, it was the Roland Holmes mission, right? This is what I recall. That requires some scripting I don't have access to just yet because we haven't fully implemented it. ;)

Quite right, Kyp. Note that the level 30 missions for the Cygni Express, the Shroud of the Optimal and the Source of Inspiration were "Race" specific missions and nothing to do with your class in Live. Now that we have the three new classes in the game perhaps we can have these bonus missions active for them? I am not sure if that fits in with the Emulator plot narrative, but it could be considered, yes? ;)

TooTall

Quite right, Kyp. Note that the level 30 missions for the Cygni Express, the Shroud of the Optimal and the Source of Inspiration were "Race" specific missions and nothing to do with your class in Live. Now that we have the three new classes in the game perhaps we can have these bonus missions active for them? I am not sure if that fits in with the Emulator plot narrative, but it could be considered, yes? ;)

TooTall

Certainly, I don't see why we couldn't (at least not at first glance). We'd have to examine story conflicts, but I'm pretty confident they could be done once we can do what we want to with the missions. :P

• 1 year later...
First of all, THANK YOU folks for your ongoing support and love of this project! I think we can all can get carried away sometimes forgetting how lucky we are just to be back in this universe!

...Beginning necro-thread ceremony...

May I ask please for an update to this issue?
It's over a year later now, and when asking about The Cygni Express on multiple channels I get crickets chirping.

Is The Cygni Express, once most-coveted (under old warp cap) Terran engine attainable?

Is this bull mess about it being acquired only through the Hull Patch mission true?

If the previous one is true, [b]good Lord[/b], why were TEs left out in the cold & is the Roland Holmes mission still being fixed?

All the other races are in tip-top shape for their Lv30 HU & promo missions/loots...

Whaddup with Terrans and their Cygni Express??

Thanks for any info or insight provided!
Karthol

• 4 months later...
Currently..TT as part of the hull patch mission get the cygni express as a item to take to herrara, you come to this item when you are still engine L3, you COULD forstall your hullpatch skill for a bunch of levels so you could equip it, but you ultimaly need to fork it over for the skill.

Currently--TE (can't remember the skill involved) the same thing happens, to advance skills you take a trip around terran space and deliver to herrara this engine for skill.

Note that if you forgo the skill so you can equip it, those skills are prerequisites for other skills, you won't be able to get other skills without doing the hull patch first, same with TE.

Currently the "reward" for the 30HU is a emptors advantage, a device that buffs shield and reactor recharge rates. This used to be a bonus item for TT only live.

As stated above posts, they see no reason at-this-time that the old roland holmes missions can't be dusted of and fleshed out and cygni come back in, it just lacks development, of course the terran CDev has had their hands full with other problems, so don't go castigating them, primarily the TS not being in live had to have everything written up, debugged, tested and implimented. They just now had their stuff written and coded to L135HU, don't know whats next on the terran CDevs plate, but I'm confident somewere the cygni-roland holmes story is on that list, as to its priority the CDev will have to comment on that, they are closer to the devlopment.

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1316346862' post='46249']
Currently..TT as part of the hull patch mission get the cygni express as a item to take to herrara, you come to this item when you are still engine L3, you COULD forstall your hullpatch skill for a bunch of levels so you could equip it, but you ultimaly need to fork it over for the skill.

Currently--TE (can't remember the skill involved) the same thing happens, to advance skills you take a trip around terran space and deliver to herrara this engine for skill.

Note that if you forgo the skill so you can equip it, those skills are prerequisites for other skills, you won't be able to get other skills without doing the hull patch first, same with TE.

Currently the "reward" for the 30HU is a emptors advantage, a device that buffs shield and reactor recharge rates. This used to be a bonus item for TT only live.
[/quote]

Matt - Thanks for the detailed info on the alternatives.

[quote]
As stated above posts, they see no reason at-this-time that the old roland holmes missions can't be dusted of and fleshed out and cygni come back in, it just lacks development, of course the terran CDev has had their hands full with other problems, so don't go castigating them, primarily the TS not being in live had to have everything written up, debugged, tested and implimented. They just now had their stuff written and coded to L135HU, don't know whats next on the terran CDevs plate, but I'm confident somewere the cygni-roland holmes story is on that list, as to its priority the CDev will have to comment on that, they are closer to the devlopment.
[/quote]

You may rest assured that no castigation will be forthcoming from me. Indeed, I am immensely grateful to and filled with admiration for the developers of this project. They have performed wonders, and have shown a degree of determination and persistence that is nothing short of amazing. Thank you Emu devs for making EnB live again!

In summary then:
Emu Devs - Yes! :)
Roland Holmes - No. And that's OK. I just needed to know.

Cheers,
Mal

• 1 month later...
Doing the Lv30 TE Bonus Mission now: Roland Holmes.
I have to talk with miners for his location but I've talked to every one on the base in 61 Cygni with no luck.
Anyone know how to move the 17 step mission ahead? Edited by Sharlot

Since I'm past the lvl and the mission, can't tell you what next to do in the steps, but can tell you were he ultimately rests (although part of your mission may have you run into him elsewere).His lair is in Sheppard, there is a hollowed out asteroid with his home in it in the SW area of shepard, be aware that he is surrounded by his minions so don't rush right in.

In live (the mission may be different, so don't count on this happening) while in your search for him and questioning/ doing tasks npc's want you to do for info, he "highjacks" you and steals some of your cargo, when you returned to npc to explain they informed you it was o.k. that you were actually a shill used to track him via the cargo being trackable he robbed, and it was that npc that helped you track him down.

[quote name='Sharlot' timestamp='1321588525' post='48629']
Doing the Lv30 TE Bonus Mission now: Roland Holmes.
I have to talk with miners for his location but I've talked to every one on the base in 61 Cygni with no luck.
Anyone know how to move the 17 step mission ahead?
[/quote]

The miners are in space NW of Kinshassa-MBali. Talk to the one that looks different than the others.

(this info is what I heard from the New Players chat)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1263153051' post='2375']
Certainly, I don't see why we couldn't (at least not at first glance). We'd have to examine story conflicts, but I'm pretty confident they could be done once we can do what we want to with the missions. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Kyp, the Mission is now in the game. So I made a Terran Scout, got him to level 30, took the bonus mission, and cannot make the lasers (no build weapons skill on the Scout) and can NOT get then traded to me as they are a NON-trade item. Vendors do not sell them, and they are not an item that drops.

Currently a Catch 22 situation :)

[quote name='TooTall' timestamp='1321636890' post='48648']
Thanks Kyp, the Mission is now in the game. So I made a Terran Scout, got him to level 30, took the bonus mission, and cannot make the lasers (no build weapons skill on the Scout) and can NOT get then traded to me as they are a NON-trade item. Vendors do not sell them, and they are not an item that drops.

Currently a Catch 22 situation :)
[/quote]

I think the bonus mission is based on the "grippa" style missions of forced cooperation between the races and or other players. I think those were non trade so it may be borked still anyway.

Soon as I'm back in front of a computer I'll get this addressed I cant remember if I did it before I left Korea and it made the recent push but hang in there the TS was a quick toss together from the TT/TE Mission and I dodnt want the TS to feel left out.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1321667293' post='48669']
Yep, see your ticket TooTall. I have addressed my team whom created the mission to address the issue. I have quite a queue following a short vacation. ;)
[/quote]

My apologies if I seem too pressing on the matter, but I submitted a ticket while in the game. At the end it tells me that I *should* receive a confirmation email that the ticket has been submitted and accepted. It didn't happen. So, thinking that the in game pathway didn't work, I submitted another one using the forum link. Again, no email. After checking my spam folder just in case I missed it and not finding it there, I wasn't real sure that things were proceeding properly.

I am glad to hear that you and RoJoMuerte are working on things as time permits and he says he will respond to my forum post when he is able to get near a computer, and then things will sync up.

Many thanks :)