Mass Build Command

Ranko

We all know, that when you refine you have the option to refine 1 or the entire stack(s). But when you are building you only get an option to build only one at a time.

Would it be possible to make a new slash command so we can build X amount, when we have the component/weapon/ammo build selected?

Example, say I wanted to build 240 Blackbox X93..

(make sure that all the resources to build 240 Blackbox X93 is in the hold and then) issue /build 240 after you have selected the revelant reciepe.

???

Of course if you wanted ten stacks of ammo, /build 10 would build ten stacks of ammo, same for guns etc.

What do you guys think of this?

Yep it does, I hope that rest of the dev team will also support it, and we can find away to implement it.

TBH I would help out alot of people in the game, as well as reduce server load, and remove alot of the time waste from the game. Just who wants to sit at a terminal for hours on end making stacks of components for example...

Those of you who played EnB beta or live will remember the forums and the many requests from miners to get the refine x button. Once that was put in a huge thread was started asking for the same thing for the mfg terminal. I forget now why it never happened, but this would be awesome to have! Any component builder out there would agree. B)

Adding the button, or a slash cmnd would be huge. ;)

The reason it was shot down is the fact you get exp from making ammo. If you got enough components you could level your trade just by making ammo. What would fix that, "exploit" for lack of a better term, would be a code disabling expierence for using the mass build commands.

I'd love to see this command in the game. Even in live it was brought up alot.

Along those lines, making the "build last items" box would be sweet also.

The reason it was shot down is the fact you get exp from making ammo. If you got enough components you could level your trade just by making ammo. What would fix that, "exploit" for lack of a better term, would be a code disabling expierence for using the mass build commands.

I'd love to see this command in the game. Even in live it was brought up alot.

Along those lines, making the "build last items" box would be sweet also.

Well that makes some sense, but at the same time doesnt compute. As you still get the XP if your just clicking it one at a time, just like Refining does when you refine stack! So I say that thought process is flawed as far as XP is concerned.

But if that is the only reason, fine mass build = no xp, I just hate the fact that server lags and I have to relog because the build term freezes and no way to exit just to reclick manu button. Really really annoying when having to constantly build ammo for toons from parts to actual ammo thats 2X100s of clicks and several freezes/screw ups in between.

Im all for MASS MANUFACTURE BUTTON or whatever we wanna call it. Saves server load, my mouse, my temper and players time lol

Implement mass build command, but only for components and ammo, I think. Items that go through a quality roll each time you build one should stay one at a time.

I'd be fine with Comps and Ammo mass as those seem to be the only mass produced at one time items of concern anyhow. And hopefully it could get a button but if not meh baby steps is fine just get something lol

nice idea. would be cool if it was implemented. pitty it wont have a button thought

Just speculating, but the refining and manufacturing interfaces look very similar. From what I've learned, the client uses .ini files to produce the buttons. When trying to remove the Vault Sort button per this thread - - I got as far as blanking the name, but wasn't able to remove the button or disable the function using just that .ini file.

It's a stretch, but it may be possible that the client could have the "refine stack" button added to the manuf interface and renamed to Create Stack by adding the button its particular .ini files. Whether the client can connect that button with actual functionality is beyond my speculation tho.

Firstly i would like to thank ranko for bringing this up...now i have a screen to type the gibberish thats been ruining/running in my head for almost 9 years now....

Point : Components and Ammo are unique and cannot be controlled using same trigger (in this case a slash command)

Why i Say this :

Components using slash command :

eg: /build 100 means it builds some component and the items stacks up nicely...say its a stack size of 200. you build 100. on the other hand i say /build 100 and the stack size of rifle ammo is 600 and it builds only 100 off of one stack. so for ammo another operator is required and in the same /build command i dont think you can make both things happen without getting an exception.

suggestion :

comps : /compbuild 100 (100 nos. of the component of whatever has been chosen in terminal)

comps : /compbuild 220 (stack size is 200. it stacks 1 and the extra 20 flows into another cargo hold space)

ammo : /ammobuild 10 (of the stack size of the ammo chosen in terminal and 10 stacks of it).

ammo : /ammobuild 25 (free space available = 20. so builds 25 stacks and the required 5 extra spaces is used up in vault, otherwise it throws a flag)

Just my two cents!!

UmaXX

PS: Am typing this in a hurry....dont mind my broken explanation!!

Implement mass build command, but only for components and ammo, I think. Items that go through a quality roll each time you build one should stay one at a time.

Why limit it? If you want to make 20 oguns in a row for whatever reason, it seems like you should be able to. I realize the command would benefit ammo and comps the most, but I wouldn't worry about an arbitrary limitation like that, since it certainly doesn't break gameplay in any way. I'd love to put something like this in, but school has a hold of me atm, so I don't want to get myself into anything I can't handle. ;)

Perhaps the great and powerful Tienbau will oblige your request if you offer suitable sacrifice.

Firstly i would like to thank ranko for bringing this up...now i have a screen to type the gibberish thats been ruining/running in my head for almost 9 years now....

Point : Components and Ammo are unique and cannot be controlled using same trigger (in this case a slash command)

Why i Say this :

Components using slash command :

eg: /build 100 means it builds some component and the items stacks up nicely...say its a stack size of 200. you build 100. on the other hand i say /build 100 and the stack size of rifle ammo is 600 and it builds only 100 off of one stack. so for ammo another operator is required and in the same /build command i dont think you can make both things happen without getting an exception.

suggestion :

comps : /compbuild 100 (100 nos. of the component of whatever has been chosen in terminal)

comps : /compbuild 220 (stack size is 200. it stacks 1 and the extra 20 flows into another cargo hold space)

ammo : /ammobuild 10 (of the stack size of the ammo chosen in terminal and 10 stacks of it).

ammo : /ammobuild 25 (free space available = 20. so builds 25 stacks and the required 5 extra spaces is used up in vault, otherwise it throws a flag)

Just my two cents!!

UmaXX

PS: Am typing this in a hurry....dont mind my broken explanation!!

I don't believe you can build partial stacks of ammo. One "build" gets you one stack of ammo, so it would be one component, or one stack of 400 rounds, etc. You are implying a link where there is none.

Why limit it? If you want to make 20 oguns in a row for whatever reason, it seems like you should be able to. I realize the command would benefit ammo and comps the most, but I wouldn't worry about an arbitrary limitation like that, since it certainly doesn't break gameplay in any way. I'd love to put something like this in, but school has a hold of me atm, so I don't want to get myself into anything I can't handle. :)

Perhaps the great and powerful Tienbau will oblige your request if you offer suitable sacrifice.

But to the point made - how would the "randomness" of the quality be addressed. Comps and ammo are easy - PM = 200% quality. But in the case of, say, those 20 Oguns (and assuming a lvl of Ogun and a lvl of Build skill where there IS some randomness in quality) how would this be done? Would the proverbial "dice roll" be for each individual Ogun as the term builds them (seems unlikely) or for the whole "stack" of 20? If the latter one needn't to fast-forward very far in imagination to hear player cries like "WTF??? I just made 20 Oguns and they came out 138%??? This is <fill in the rest of the rant here>".

I mean if this is all covered and I'm overthinking it, fine. Just agreeing with the notion that the biggest need for a make multiple stacks function has always been, in order, ammo then comps and then anything else (with anything else dropping way down the importance list, IMO).

just do Components and Ammo for now so it takes less time to develop and there's less bugs.

it should be tied to items, not the amount contained in the stack (like 20 or 20 ammo, as partial ammo stack)

a mass dismantle would be great too. just the other day i though on that too..