New Human Models?

Hey, I work on games every day for M$ and this is my personal web site for flight sim stuff www.cr1-software.com

I heard that maybe it would be possible to upgrade the human models in the game? I have some wicked high end human 3DS max models all animated and mapped ready to go that blow those in the game right out of the water. All they would need is to be textured to fit the game and maybe some additional mods added in like glasses, ear pieces and stuff like that and then you need a programmer to set them up in the parameters of the game infrastructure. Is it possible to get new models in the game yet?

Soaloam.

Hey, I work on games every day for M$ and this is my personal web site for flight sim stuff www.cr1-software.com

I heard that maybe it would be possible to upgrade the human models in the game? I have some wicked high end human 3DS max models all animated and mapped ready to go that blow those in the game right out of the water. All they would need is to be textured to fit the game and maybe some additional mods added in like glasses, ear pieces and stuff like that and then you need a programmer to set them up in the parameters of the game infrastructure. Is it possible to get new models in the game yet?

Soaloam.

Sounds nice, if it can be done. Would love to see a Progen woman in a skirt, or a Terran woman with shoulder length hair.

Soaloam.

If you say "wicked high end 3ds max", how many polygons does one model have? I'm asking because the EnB engine is probably very limited. But i may be wrong.

Hmm. I'm not sure. I know one of the devs has been able to get models into the game, but I recall that animations are a problem, and I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get character models into the game, given the complexity of a character in comparison to a simple static 3D model.

Animations were probably a problem because of a lack of information. EnB's animation system is a bit on the non-standard side. The biggest problem in my view is the referencing among the game's many control files. Some of them are a little on the convoluted side, but things do not function correctly without them being properly referenced and assigned.

This is something that is doable, but the effort is best saved for a later date. Additionally, high poly counts do not always equal "better". There are a lot of ways to improve the models by smaller amounts, and still have the end result appear as a drastic upgrade. As I said above, though, these are things that are best saved for a later time, when all the game's mechanics an code are all up to the best of conditions. :blink: