Great work!

Just wanted to give a big thank you to all of you that have worked your butt off so that we can enjoy this wonderful game again.

I stumbled over your site yesterday by mistake and as a former player that had maxed all existing classes in the live game I did not hesitate one second and started downloading/installing and playing the game last night. What a flashback it was to see Megan at the loginscreen!

After some problems with controls and settings it felt very nice to play again. Started off with a TE and managed to reach lvl 6 before I logged. Can’t wait to continue playing tonight!

I had some minor connection issues three times last night where the game stopped responding to commands like warp, targeting, etc. Each time I waited several minutes and then I just Quit to desktop and restarted. Is this unique for me, meaning problem is in my end?

I tried looking for some tweakthreads for ping issues but didn’t find anything really helpful, although this was just a quick look will try again this evening. Allthough I have a nagging feeling this have to do with the homeserver (WHS) I have in my network that have some ports forwarded to it from the router...

Fly safe everyone,

Torsken, TE

Welcome back!

I got pretty much the same feeling when I tried out the emulator for the first time about a month ago. The emulator team has done amazing work.

I also had similar connection issues yesterday, at around 2030Z, but it might have been because my girlfriend was playing FarmVille one the same asdl connection. It almost got me killed:P (EDIT: I gave up after about 15 minutes and logged for the night)

Glad your back, I too found this site by total accident.

Well As far as connection issues, yes you will have them.

Why?

Because this is still Alpha/Beta stage, stress test #4.

They are still tweaking the client files and the launcher to get better sync between the player and the server.

In my opinion the EMU server is much more stable than EA ever had. :)

Just do what everyone else does, Grunt and re-log when there are server hick-ups.

Sometimes I get a crash to desktop 5 times in a row.

Welcome back, Ramses. Finding the emulator for me was kind of like hooking up with an old flame from highschool days...kind of brought a tear to the eye over the memories, both good and not so good. As pointed out before this is the stress test phase so you can expect things to not quite work as you expect, but they are leaps and bounds over where they were in ST3 and getting better every day. See you around the galaxy!

Thank you for the warm words!

Yesterday evening I had no connectionproblems whatsoever so it is most likely as you guys said.

Started a TT and JE along side my TE yesterday. Also made a PT via the creator and when I made a new account it showed up there as supposed. However I was not able to name the character so it is now called Character #1, will I get the option to change name when I log it in for teh first time? I am really looking forward to playing with him :blink:

Oh and when we are on the subject of PT, what kind of groupskills do they get, similar to TT that can patch hulls and recharge shields or?

Yesterday evening I had no connectionproblems whatsoever so it is most likely as you guys said.

Started a TT and JE along side my TE yesterday. Also made a PT via the creator and when I made a new account it showed up there as supposed. However I was not able to name the character so it is now called Character #1, will I get the option to change name when I log it in for teh first time? I am really looking forward to playing with him :blink:

Oh and when we are on the subject of PT, what kind of groupskills do they get, similar to TT that can patch hulls and recharge shields or?

You should be able to name the new toon when you log into the game and select that toon. You will love the PT. It does get shield recharge. And can build reactors.

The PT is very good at kicking #$%, and taking names. The most combat effective of the 3 new classes. Shield Recharge, Shield Inversion, Builds everything except Devices, Engines and Jenquai equipment, L5 Menace, Cargo hold the same size as a TT of the same level, L9 Reactors/shields, L5 Critical Targeting, 5 weapons 4 devices. Firepower comparable to a TW with better reactors, and recharge shields. No unique skills as of yet, beside being the only class that can build Progen reactors.