This is not the usual login problem.

Everything works fine when I activate the LaunchNet 7 on my desktop. It even takes me to the login screen, but when I tried to login it used to kick me out. I solved this by doing the fixes. which was to run in compatibility mode with Admin privileges, all the required files. What really worked was from the LaunchNet application, I have to click on the Launcher in the upper left hand-side and hit Reset Updates. This gets me to available updates and it starts updating....again. My problem is that the game will Only advance past the login if I do this all the time. Is this a bug? I could live with it I guess, provided it doesnt continually add redundant updates to my small hard drive that should already be there.

Regards,

Duran70

To be quick: We've seen it before, usually on vista or 7 (assume it has to do with UAC since that's the only common thread I know of aside from the filestructure), the reset updates does not download redundant data. It changes a version file we have nestled away somewhere so that it has no value which causes the "Version cannot be determined" thing you see during the update, and this causes it to overwrite all the files we've changed since the dawn of time (or at least the dawn of time whereas the emulator is concerned.)

If we can figure out what causes it we'll be rid of it soon thereafter, it just doesn't happen often enough as of yet that we've been able to find it.

To be quick: We've seen it before, usually on vista or 7 (assume it has to do with UAC since that's the only common thread I know of aside from the filestructure), the reset updates does not download redundant data. It changes a version file we have nestled away somewhere so that it has no value which causes the "Version cannot be determined" thing you see during the update, and this causes it to overwrite all the files we've changed since the dawn of time (or at least the dawn of time whereas the emulator is concerned.)

If we can figure out what causes it we'll be rid of it soon thereafter, it just doesn't happen often enough as of yet that we've been able to find it.

There was time before the emulator existed? Blasphemy! :)

Actually, if you could go through the "Update Report" you get after updating each time and see which files are being consistently updated, it may help us resolve the problem.

Okay, Well thanx for the helpful information. I will get a copy of what files are being updated and send them to you, so that I can do my part in resolving this issue. On another note this is my first time playing this game and I am impressed. I got my friend at work interested and who is downloading the client as well. I appreciate the hard work you guy's do to keep up on things.