Terran Scout

This guide is for players that are new to the Terran Scout, and are looking for help about there class along the way.

NOTE: There won't be much known about this class since it's still in the development stages, so frequent changes will be made to this post.

Advantages:

• The biggest advantage: They can Jumpstart and Hull Patch, good combat, good trade, and Super Fast.
  • 4 Weapon Slots
  • 5 Device Slots
  • Build Skills – Build your own engines and devices.
  • Hull Patch – Repairs the targets hull.
  • Jumpstart - Allows incapacitated players to be revived.
  • Prospect – Allows you to mine asteroids for exp and minerals
  • Hacking - Disable a mechanical opponent's ship parts
  • Scan – Allows you to see farther
  • Negotiate – Get better deals, whenever, wherever.
  • Navigate – Helps with warp and increases speed.
  • Afterburn – Increases thrust and turn rate, as well as attack avoidance.
  • Nullfactor Field – Removes the effect of Radiation, EM drains, and Gravity interference.

Disadvantages:
  • No damage control
  • Poor reactor power
  • Few combat abilities
  • Missiles can get costly

------ Focus

Beam Weapon (8): ---

Missile Weapon (9): ---

Reactor Tech (8): Max

Device Tech (9): Max

Engine Tech (9): Max

Shield Tech (8): Max

Hull Patch (7): ---

Jumpstart (7): ---

Prospecting (7): ---

Hacking (5): ---

Afterburn (5): ---

Nullfactor Field (5): ---

Navigate (7): ---

Scan (5): ---

Negotiate (7): ---

Build Devices (7): ---

Build Engines (7): ---

Advantages:

• --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Disadvantages:
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------
  • --------------------

Hints and Tips

Grouping:

----------------------------------------------

Solo:

Starting out:

After you finish your newbie missions you have a choice to make. First you must choose which weapon you are going to specialize in. This will make all the difference in the world. It will change your solo and group tactics and how you do combat in the future. A brief rundown is that terrans specialize in missile technology. While they hit hard from afar, they can get very costly. Progen specialize in projectiles have a medium range and do good damage, but also can get costly, but less then missiles. Jenquai specialize in beams that are close range combat and require no upkeep. Many simply choose beams because it is cost effective. Choose the one that’s right for you.

You must also choose what type of class you want to play as putting points into skills will make a big difference later on. So choose carefully and pick the one that suits you. Plan you character early and it will save you a lot of time when you get into the higher levels. You can’t go back and change your character, so whatever you use your points for you’re stuck with it unless you can find a Progen Sentinel with "Call Forward".

Advanced tips:

Edited by Drifter
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had great fun developing a TS to L75.

The two points I'd make are Jumpstart cannot be used on yourself (at least not at L3 - 'unable to activate while incapacitated'). And as a missile boat you are severely hampered by being unable to make your own ammo, whereas the ability to make just engines and devices is just stupid for a Terran. Which reminds me - engines just do not seem as regular loot as the other stuff which makes me think training Engine Build a bit of a waste unless you are the builder type.

It would be nice to see some TS specific gear buffs like missile accuracy/rate, hull patch, JS, etc. Like all the new classes they lack a few choice engines/shields/reactors/weaps/devices making gear choice tough.

I did feel I hit a combat wall at ML2 and had to carefully grind. After L75 HU and 3MLs at L4/5 you are on your way.

I had great fun developing a TS to L75.

The two points I'd make are Jumpstart cannot be used on yourself (at least not at L3 - 'unable to activate while incapacitated'). And as a missile boat you are severely hampered by being unable to make your own ammo, whereas the ability to make just engines and devices is just stupid for a Terran. Which reminds me - engines just do not seem as regular loot as the other stuff which makes me think training Engine Build a bit of a waste unless you are the builder type.

It would be nice to see some TS specific gear buffs like missile accuracy/rate, hull patch, JS, etc. Like all the new classes they lack a few choice engines/shields/reactors/weaps/devices making gear choice tough.

I did feel I hit a combat wall at ML2 and had to carefully grind. After L75 HU and 3MLs at L4/5 you are on your way.

You can use JS on yourself, if you target yourself. However towards the end of ST3 I noticed it would not allow you to if you didn't have enough reactor.

You can use JS on yourself, if you target yourself. However towards the end of ST3 I noticed it would not allow you to if you didn't have enough reactor.

recommend boost hacking range to 3k starting out, then up to 5-6k max level for both TW and TE, 1k for a ranged missiles class doesnt work.

Same with biorepression.

recommend boost hacking range to 3k starting out, then up to 5-6k max level for both TW and TE, 1k for a ranged missiles class doesn't work.

Same with biorepression.

Yeah I had this same idea maxing hacking to lvl 5 and giving up Biorepression also to 5 (skipping the AOE debuffs) but also increasing the success rate, it fails way too much to be anything more then a waste of energy.

Ah - new to this JS stuff.

The installed icon on the control panel only changes the level. When you select yourself or another player you get a little battery icon appear above the selected ships panel.

Ah - new to this JS stuff.

The installed icon on the control panel only changes the level. When you select yourself or another player you get a little battery icon appear above the selected ships panel.

The Level of JS you use, is determined by how many skill points you've spent on the Jumpstart skill, at the time you're doing a JS. If for example you have L5 JS, anyone you Jumpstart gets a L5 JS, until you either upgrade it to L6 or get a PE to call it forward, and spend the skill points elsewhere. (It's doubtful that any explorer would take points out of JS, it's a key skill)

• 3 months later...

Hi-sorry if this is a dumb question--but right now is there only the one (prospecting) newbie mission?

When I started my Scout at the beginning of ST4 there was only 1 prospecting mission, and maybe 1 or 2 other missions after OL5. Scout training grounds need work, compared to Seeker and Privateer.

• 1 month later...

I checked both the game and character/ship creator and neither had the TS as an available class. Any suggestions? Or even a step-by-step on making one?

On your desktop icon for "earth & beyond starship creator", right click.

In the Target line add -noclassrestrictions (there should be a space before that) and press ok.

(If you've already done the above steps skip that part.)

Start the Char and Starship creator program.

Using the choose profession arrows at the bottom of the screen, select your desired profession. They should scroll through in the following order Enforcer > Scout > Tradesman > Sentinel > Privateer > Warrior > Defender > Seeker > Explorer.

There are no buttons added for the new professions, you must use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to play as a Scout, Seeker, or Privateer.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

On your desktop icon for "earth & beyond starship creator", right click.

In the Target line add -noclassrestrictions (there should be a space before that) and press ok.

(If you've already done the above steps skip that part.)

Start the Char and Starship creator program.

Using the choose profession arrows at the bottom of the screen, select your desired profession. They should scroll through in the following order Enforcer > Scout > Tradesman > Sentinel > Privateer > Warrior > Defender > Seeker > Explorer.

There are no buttons added for the new professions, you must use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to play as a Scout, Seeker, or Privateer.

This isn't really very helpful. Right click brings up things like "send to" and whatnot. I don't see anything that says target line. This really needs a step by step

right click then go to properties. then under shortcut there is the target box

if you have a standard directory, paste this

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions

right click then go to properties. then under shortcut there is the target box

if you have a standard directory, paste this

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions

thanks, that helps. missed that properties step before that's important. now that i'm looking at TS it's odd that it has the lowest cargo room with one bar. wasn't the point of the TS and all Terran in general to have the largest cargo holds?

*Edit* Nevermind, i was looking at the description of the cargo hold. Now in game the cargo hold looks huge.

Edited by Shuichii

thanks, that helps. missed that properties step before that's important. now that i'm looking at TS it's odd that it has the lowest cargo room with one bar. wasn't the point of the TS and all Terran in general to have the largest cargo holds?

*Edit* Nevermind, i was looking at the description of the cargo hold. Now in game the cargo hold looks huge.

Those bars aren't right for the new classes. ;)

Those bars aren't right for the new classes. ;)

Yeah, I think of the 3 classes the JT's is closest, while the PT and Scout have the same setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all... I've followed the instructions for creating a toon using the Character Creator but it is not importing to EnB. I've reinstalled the client, update and Net7 but still nothing. Is there something more obvious that I'm oblivious to?

well there can also not be a toon already in that slot... so if you made a ts in slot 1 on the character creator... then slot one when you login must not already have a toon in it

Edited by Avani