Best trade route?

Hi all? I know there are many options but I was hoping for some input of someone more vet than I. I'm looking for an efficient trade route or something to efficiently earn trade xp and build some credits. Specifically for a L30 TE. All the ones I've found so far aren't very good.

sommerled station to fenris station is the best one imo

however if you do not have -1999 or higher rd faction the gate through bbw is closed.

spices- from sommer to xipe totec ( i think thats it) is another popular run

I've found that Pluto>Akeron>Saturn>ABA>Earth has some good stuff (forget what the trade goods is you use, but there is only one at Pluto and it goes to Earth). My TS can get 50-60k trade exp on that run. The problem is there is no goods for Earth>Pluto. Best you can do is Pluto>Earth, then pick up some news and drop it off at Net7 station on your way back to Pluto. Not sure if the detour to N7 is worth the time spent docking and undocking for how little news nets you compared to the Pluto>Earth part of the run though.

The Somer>Xipe one is rather nice though, and I think there are trade goods going both directions which means all of your flight time is spent getting goods delivered. I really need to bust out a stopwatch and time myself making these runs and figure out how long it is actually taking so I can figure out which one is the best rather then guessing.

Edited by Eviticus

It's always a balance between time spent and XP earned. At lower levels it's possible to receive max XP for relatively short trade routes. As your TL increases you need successively longer routes to continue to receive the max available XP per item. I assume when you say L30 TE that's your OL, not your TL, and further SWAG your TL then to be somewhere around 10. You are probably pretty close to doing the Somerled-Prasad Spice run, which will provide a predictable (though boring, but all trade runs are) maximum XP reward for quite some time.

*IF* you have or care to get RD faction so that the BBW gates are open to you then the Somerled-Fenris run will become quite attractive - otherwise it's a very long haul.

Since the introduction of Jobs I'd suggest doing a bunch of Somerled-Prasad runs initially to quickly build up TL then test the waters of Trade Jobs - which also provide Explore XP as well. Handy to have access to a JE with WH for these.

I think trade jobs only give trade xp at this point but they do give it in quite large amounts. Explore jobs, though, give lots of explore and about ~1/3 or so that much trade xp (not sure on the amount, but its less, may be more like half) I'd suggest doing some trade runs, exploring the galaxy, and doing some combat to get you up to lvl 60, at which point you can take jobs from Aragoth station in VT FTW. Explore jobs go to a moon in muspel and can be done in half the time if you have a je alt sit at the moon to wh you back to the station. Also, warping to the moon below the muspel gate (forget the name, haven't done these in a bit) and then to the muspel gate seems to save a bit of time as it's more of a straight line.

Also, when leveling an alt, you can get tons of trade xp by looting while you farm with your main, which is especially nice if you're killing something that won't agro and blast your little guy to smithereens. Not as nice otherwise. Anyway, hope this helps! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've found that Pluto>Akeron>Saturn>ABA>Earth has some good stuff (forget what the trade goods is you use, but there is only one at Pluto and it goes to Earth). My TS can get 50-60k trade exp on that run. The problem is there is no goods for Earth>Pluto. Best you can do is Pluto>Earth, then pick up some news and drop it off at Net7 station on your way back to Pluto. Not sure if the detour to N7 is worth the time spent docking and undocking for how little news nets you compared to the Pluto>Earth part of the run though.

This is the one I'm running on my tiny toons atm. My Terran Trader just hit OL 31 TL 15, Progen Privateer OL 20 TL 7, and Jenquai Seeker OL 20 TL 8. I'm getting 1,500 trade experience per item with each toon having a cargo capacity of 30 items that's 45k experience each run and about 65k credits per toon. All three have negotiate rank 3. I'm tempted to try boxing all my toons on this run at the beginning. It's building the TLs pretty quickly atm. My TT is still getting a level every other run, and my two lower toons are getting almost 2 TLs per run and it's taking me about 15 minutes to do a full run earth-> pluto and pluto->earth at 3500 warp.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

The Charon to Earth and return one way cargo is best xp/time

Sommer to Xipe is next, all comes down to xp/time

To gain some extra cbt lvls at lvl 1 beam, use a proto plasma beam, loot at ruins of jove city or the explorer start sectors or behind Prasad Station in Xipe

Go to mars missile test range and kill the lvl 6 missile drones, get trade xp from selling the loot. If you kill them till you get about 200 per kill, think you will be lvl 12 cbt

Other option is in earth at getco or infinity campus, up to lvl 10 mobs, same, kill for cbt and trade xp

This is assuming you have put points into the basics so lvl 2 items is in use